Sardine Sandwich!

For tonight's recipe our main ingredient will feature a can of "Tiny Tots" sardines.

Tiny Tots are the most expensive sardines at my grocery store. They are made by King Oscar. Packed in Poland, but it says Norwegian tradition in the description. They are packed in extra virgin olive oil.

They live by their name, they are smaller, packed in 2 layers, 12-22 per can, and much tastier than other varieties in my opinion. Much more expensive, around $3.25 a can.

Ingredients needed: 1 can sardines, some greens (I have an arugula spinach mix), bread (toasted), mayo (unfortunately I only have miracle whip on hand), butter, olive oil.

Optional: olives, tomato, pickles, hot sauce, mustard, anything you like on sandwiches.

Heat olive oil in skillet, toast your bread. Add greens, salt, pepper and wilt (takes less than a minute).

Butter bread.

Add mayo (or substitute).

>That butter
You got a ShopRite near you, mate?

Add wilted greens.

No, I live in WA state. I think I got it at Fred Meyer (kroger), or it might be from Costco.

Add sardines. This was my second sandwich.

Add extras. I addes olives and sriracha meme sauce.

Enjoy!

Looks like a good sandwich OP, I might try it with some olive salad and minus the miracle whip/sriracha meme sauce

looks decent

Thanks user. I recommend mayo but I only used what I had on hand. Tomato would've been nice too.

Why wilt the greens? Wouldn't the fresh crunch and pepper flavor compliment the greasy and heavy sardines better? It's like buying a soda and then boiling all the carbondioxide away before drinking

da best. My local Fred Meyer just re-opened after a remodel and they now have two goddamn boxes of Tiny Tots on the shelf. Massive shelf real estate. Golden light from heaven illuminates it.

The cheaper red label (also two layer) are also good.

I can't support Miracle Whip in this application, though.

I figured I would get comments about the miracle whip. I would prefer mayo for sure, just didn't have any.

good thread OP
we need more shit like this

More than enough crunch in the toast user. Wilting the greens brings more fragrance/flavor and allows you to consume more greens.

Wilting also adds a warmer temperature to the sandwich.

Does it gain any character after the best by date? Any black pepper or leather notes?

Looks good op

I wish brislings weren't so expensive though

Didn't smell bad and tasted the same. Its non dairy and made from soybean oil so, no.

Me too, they are the best.

You should stick it in the back of your fridge and check it again in a year or so. Aging mellows the tart flavors, leaving you with mayo. The aging process is why mayo is more expensive.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks user. Its why I did it, more to come.

Thanks

After it becomes mayo you can add cocoa powder and then lay it out to dry in the sun, which makes fudge.

Why can't we have more threads like this?

>The cheaper red label (also two layer) are also good

Tiny Tots are exactly the same as the double layer red label; just different packaging.

>3.89 MB, 4032x3024

We will

So?

>12-22 per can
wtf
I've only ever found cans that have at most 4

You need to find some tiny bristling sardines, my friend.

This. Bristling sardines are much smaller and tastier.