What are the weirdest foods from around the world?

In Haiti they literally eat dirt. Pic related.

What does Veeky Forums know about bizarre foods from around the world? Particularly 3rd world countries.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophagia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In America I hear they eat pineapple on their pizza

Trinidad/Tobego they eat cow skin. Its almost as tough as leather even after marinating and boiling. But they are so poor they have to eat it. they also eat chicken feet

>almost as tough as leather

Isn't cow skin literally leather?

not quite. leather is cow skin that gets treated so it lasts forever.

In Sweden they eat trucks bumpers.

A delicacy imported from the Mediterranean region.

>But they are so poor they have to eat it.

First time I've heard about cow skin. Cow heel and chicken feet, yes. It becomes gelatinous if you put it in soup it's really good

>McDonald's in Chicago.jpg

Well I'm amazed dirt cakes work.

I mean shit there's that bacteria that can kill a person with its poison but hey, they survive.

le "fromage de tete" ?
btw it has nothing about cheese

Here's my vote. Ate it in iceland, its a national delicacy. Hakarl. Fermented shark. Tastes like an ammonia kick to the face and stomach. Obviously tastes like you'd expect something that sat outside for weeks and then buried in the ground for many more. Cannot recommend it at all.

my uncle go to thailand once and he say he was in a very strange restaurant . they put a monkey head under the table and they have prepared the brain who is ready to eat. you just see a brain in a plate but they are a hole in the plate where is the monkey head.

i dont know if i explain well because i'm not so good in english but this meal look really disturbing for me

also i remenber some korean student tell me they eat fertilized egg with some meat and bone inside . they find it perfectly normal therefore they find cheese disgusting because it's created with milk .

>they eat fertilized egg with some meat and bone inside

Balut, it's a Filipino thing. Apparently if you can get past the texture it tastes really good.

i bet its good with strong liquor

this is some fear factor shit

I've heard it's pretty okay. I'd give it a shot.

Comes up right away when I google "weirdest foods in the world"

Lutefisk

The smell alone is enough to deter most people to it, but elderly people in the state of North Dakota love it.

Eating dirt isn't that dangerous. Especially if they bake it

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geophagia

Americans eat deep fried butter and strawberries with fatty bacon

only in the south.

Hey I had that for breakfast

thats the spirit of cooking right there.

>that momment when your country besides of having if not the most corrupt government also is in a place where tsunamis and storms happen regularly, destroying all the time the most minimum attempt of progress
funny though, Republica Dominicana is doing a lot better

That actually makes sense, isn't it of probiotic benefit?

My grandfather and his buddies from WWII use to sit in an old greenhouse in Maine and play cards while drinking coke with salted peanuts thrown in. It actually isn't all that bad, but I might just be sentimental.

They killed the doggo :(

It isn't bad at all and that has nothing to do with your faggot granddad and his gay friends

Dead faggot granddad and his dead gay friends get it right or you'll trigger me.

Only in Hawaii though

Still third world af.

oh i didnt know they call this thing balut. thanks for the answer

Literally head cheese (pig cheese in Latin America)

My grandma makes it, I always thought it was weird mostly due to the jelly and never tried it. Now I'm kinda craving it.

hawaiin pizza was inveted in canada and is the most popular topping in Australia

That's clay, not dirt. They're literally eating pottery. Dirt is surprisingly nutritious (considering it's dirt, there has to be minerals in order for plants to grow). Clay has almost no nutrients to speak of which is why fuck all grows from it.

>the most popular topping in Australia
One more reason to embargo that shithole island

>Only in Hawaii though
You're retarded if you think that's true. Pizza isn't a hawaii thing at all, hawaiian food is either traditional (kalua pork, lomilomi) or asian-fusion.
White people just put pineapple on a pizza and called it "hawaiian".

Pineapple pizza is absolutely delicious, fuck you.

Such strange creatures, these amerigans

>if you can get past the texture

And the smell, those things absolutely reek.

Fuckin what nigger?

We don't call hawaiian pizza by that name because we think they eat it, it's because Hawaii is one of the biggest exporters of it as it grows so well there and because it grows so well there it's a traditionally common ingredient. It's hawaiian pizza because it celebrates a prominent hawaiian ingredient you fucktard.

i think this is a southern thing
sometimes my mom uses peanut mms
its like a texture thing you eat the peanuts while drinking the coke and it flavors the nuts and its sweet and salty and very convenient

leather is skin that's gone through a tanning process so it doesn't rot

It's not bad with some bacon, mustard, and finger potatoes.

He said it's only eaten in hawaiii, so shut your dumb cunt mouth, you shit brained faggot. Learn to read while you're at it.
Ignorant shit replying without understanding what he's replying about bitch.

I'm tempted to try deciphering and deconstructing the last "sentence" in your retarded nigger post, but it would be too depressing.

Literally starvation "food".
Normally it's stomach medicine but in starving times eaten to make the pain subside long enough so they can finish work and maybe get paid.

I thought it was kind of ok, the smell is worse than the taste.

Fucking maggot cheese.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
>Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to do so place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.

uhhhh.... what the fuck did i just read.

I'm not who you're replying to, but he called you an ignorant shit, because you replied to a post without understanding what said post is replying to. Then he closed his statement by calling you a bitch.

Post YFW you will never ever eat a food that has insect larvae jumping out of it

I'm not who you're talking about, numnuts

Dude, there's even a Gordon Ramsay video of how it's made, and his friend and Gordon himself eating it. Sorry that I don't have the vid.

In belgium we call that "Tête pressée"

Can't be worse than lutefisk

in Moscow there is a Vietnamese market where viets sell raw eggs with duck fetuses. To get balut you just have to boil it, i often buy this when i visit the viets and it's unironically good (since i'm into gore stuff, it provides some aesthetics too). definitely not for normies

Fucking EU got its production banned. Bunch of dicks.

ouais j'adore ce truc, je pourrais me faire péter la panse avec ce truc, vive la charcut et le porc!

Which is basically the only reason it's famous

>When you're too stupid to recognize a joke

I don't know about that, I'm from Italy so it was common knoweldge for me, there are a lot of local variation of it. I assume it is legal to produce in freedomland?

There's quite a bit of misconception regarding this. It's not so much as an actual means of food as it's more meant for digestion. Just like how various animals eat earth to do so, so do haitians. If anything it's to help their stomachs with the real shit food they're eating.

And how the fuck should I know? We're all anonymous you little cocksucker. You don't need to be a cunt because I mistakenly took your post as belonging to one of the other 49 posters in this thread.

as well they should.

what kind of disgusting fucking faggots eat cheese filled with maggots? if they'll do that, they'll do anything at all.

You're stupid, lol.

There hasn't been a single case of someone getting sick from on it.

Naw, I'm pretty sure he was the cunt that got called a bitch.

If being ignorant is this much if a bother to you, why did you post at the wrong guy assuming his identity in the first place, numnuts?

You type like your fat btw, pigger

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg

fucking subhuman chinks

didn't get to try this but I did buy some bitafiskur. Couldn't even eat half the package.

This can't be real:

The dish is prepared by first soaking the eggs in the urine of young boys.

Man. You got that little bitch's jimmies russled, bro.

The French with their Ortolan obsession seems really weird to me.

Why would I want eat a tiny bird?

Durian is the patrician's choice of fruit, but people often despise the smell. I can agree with the offensive odour, but eating it is like eating a sweet alcoholic cream.

You like fat chicks?

Doggo didn't deserve it

we call it "cold meat". we eat it with viengar or put it on black bread and smear it with strong mustard. it's great.

garlic makes wonders to those kinds of meats
it's actually really good with a high quality rye bread too

nope, it's actually to suppress hunger.
they on occasion add a bit of sugar or animal fat to make it more nutritious ( like 100g per 5kg ) but that's about.

Tomalley

Illegal as fuck in America. We have shitty food laws.

Go fuck yourself user, preferably with a squash lubed in Crisco whilst lying by a cinnamon-scented candlelight, lights dimmed.

Silly Euro, a simple-minded mistranslation from Deep fried peanut butter and bacon sandwich with strawberry jam.

Don't talk shit about peanut butter and bacon

At least it's not moldy.

Haha, bitch thought you were me this whole time.

Yeah those are made by mixing clay with oil and salt. They're eating it because they're literally starving to death and just want to put something in their stomachs.

Can confirm. Apparently adolescent boy piss is exceptionally high positive energy (in a yin-yang sense), so that became a thing.

Boy piss is also used to ward off/fight vampires. Some old movies (that always seem to have a semi-comedic elment to them) have kids pissing at vampires to scare them off.

not that weird, but in Galicia we eat this kind of giant leech called lamprea
It has a strong flavour so i dont dig it, but its pretty popular, specially alongside the Portugal border

A proud ingredient that mostly comes from the Philippines. If it wasn't for all those white people visiting, Dole would have stopped planting it entirely at the plantation.

romanians fucking eat this shit lmao

this made me actually laugh out loud, but youre still a nigger.

I watch webm once of a nigger eating the poop out of a ox's butthole.

Ok I watched it more than once

Kek

Funny enough at the Asian market where I used to live they sold that in large buckets... too much of a pussy to try it though.

no fucking way
wtf??????