How do I get batter to stick to onion rings?

how do I get batter to stick to onion rings?
I always end up with a fry basket full of caked-on batter, and no batter on the actual onion

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/82659/old-fashioned-onion-rings/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz4NTozNXw
drakesbattermix.com/recipes/
drakesbattermix.com/faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you could flour the onion rings, then batter them?

Soak the rings in milk/water, coat in seasoned flour, shake off excess flour, dip in batter, gently drop into oil.

the hotter the oil, the less chance batter drips off. same with frying an egg. the hotter the pan, the tighter the egg.

Just make this recipe, it's a bit tedious but the onion rings turn out excellent.

allrecipes.com/recipe/82659/old-fashioned-onion-rings/

You have to let the excess batter drip off for 30 mins. Use a rack and place some tinfoil underneath then make sure the oil is 190 degrees before dropping them in.

Also! Something I wish someone told me the first time I made them,don't put them on the basket! Stick them into the oil by hand then lift them out with the basket.

>You have to let the excess batter drip off for 30 mins

kek

You think I'm joking?

Have you tried freezing them for a while after you've battered them?

I really, really, really hope you are.

I'm not? What's so wrong about letting the excess drip? The baking powder causes the remaining batter to increase in volume.

I do.

The baking powder only activates once it's dropped into the oil.

the hotter the oil the stickier the batter , use your finger to make sure the oil is at least 200 degress celsius before cooking

I think you're a faggot.

I dunno follow a recipe or something
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz4NTozNXw

wrong, baking powder is a double action agent, one when it gets wet, one when it gets hot

>breaded

The first one happens as soon as you mix the batter and adds to it's texture. Nothing further is happening if you batter your rings and let them sit around for another 20 minutes.

drakesbattermix.com/recipes/
drakesbattermix.com/faq/

Dry the onions with paper towel before dipping in batter. Also try the drakes batter mix. Make great onion rings and fish.

Just use self raising and mix it beforehand then you silly, silly individual.
Leaving battered anything on a rack is HIGH LEVEL SILLY
So silly that 2 posters are telling you about it.

Self raising
Vinegar
Water
Mix
DONE.

ok then you're just fucking autistic and should end your life

Can I kill myself in his place? I really, REALLY want to.