/COWFEE/

What is the most feminine beverage and why is it coffee?

Other urls found in this thread:

barkingdogroasters.com/our-coffee/arabica-vs-robusta/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I dump my cream in it daily?

Post some anime girls drinking coffee

Your semen is, faggot.

Fuck off weeb scum

How the heck is coffee feminine

Coffee is for real men only

Most cocktails I would say

Fuck off back to /b/, retard.

Strawberry juice?
strawberry milkshake

I drink my morning coffee (s) out of this cup.

Is that one of those cheap plastic buffet cups?

>that first swig of Espresso that feels as thick as yoghurt in your mouth

Yea. I own a restaurant and a few other businesses. I USED to have hundreds of these cups in the attic of our home, in case we needed them there, until we renovated the house and turned it into an actual usable living-space, then they had to go. I salvaged one for personal use.

I usually drink an entire pot of coffee in the morning, every morning, then more coffee or espresso at the diner. Yes I'm Greek/American.

shoo, shoo, weeb.

I prefer gween tea.

It's adherents are limp wristed 3rd wave coffee hipsters, most coffee beverages sold in the US are specialty beverages, which means those sugary coffee milkshakes with a tiny amount of espresso used for flavor, women carry around coffee cups as a fashion accessory, they think it's cute to glorify caffeine dependence with silly mantras like "don't talk to me till I've had my coffee!!", I could keep going.

It's somewhat rare to see girls into third wave coffee tho. Second wave sugary drinks, sure. But serious third wave shops usually don't even carry any flavorings. All about the different single origins.

Anyone here try caffeine pills instead of coffee to get their fix?

>feminine is bad
Go away.

>women carry around coffee cups as a fashion accessory
Do women in your area still wear ugg boots?

I have a kilo of pure caffeine.
Pure caffeine is a different "high" than coffee, which also has theobromine, theophylline, and so on. Basically there's less of a body load/high than that associated with coffee, since caffeine is less promiscuous than the other alkaloids, and more CNS effects like wakefulness and alertness. The ultimate effect is less fatiguing and more simultaneously relaxing and wakeful

>third wave coffee
I don't even want to know what that means

This.

so, if I just drink coffee for the caffeine effect I should take caffeine pills instead?

Yes. You can get a jar of 200 pills (200mg each, ~2 cups) for eight bucks at a Vitamin Shoppe. It's obscenely efficient.

Neither does the guy you're replying to. He confused second wave with third wave

Caramel skim pumpkin spice latte made with burned beans roasted six months ago is second wave

Third wave is microlot coffee roasted light last week, ground in an EK43 and brewed from a Kalitta Wave one cup at a time, and consumed black. Or, espresso where "to go" is explicitly disallowed, and you get a little cup of sparkling water with your espresso as a chaser

Second wave is at every strip mall, airport, and gas station in America. Third wave is relatively uncommon outside of places like Seattle, Portland, and so on. In a fairly cultured flyover town like Minneapolis there might be five or six legit third wave shops in the entire metro area, vs hundreds of second wave shops

Just bought a French press. Where can I get some pretty good coffee? Always been a bit of a tea fag but I'm willing to branch out a bit

>40 grams for eight bucks
You can do better, but that's not bad

>if I just drink coffee for the caffeine effect
Well, the effect you're getting is actually the interplay between several drugs, and when you're used to one it can be jarring to go to the other. But yeah I prefer caffeine only

Costco has great stuff
Make cold brew sometime with the french press, I didn't even notice that normal coffee had something of a "burnt" flavor until I was able to compare the two. It's way smoother

>Just bought a French press
We all make mistakes. If it's not too late, return it and get an aeropress

COWFEE
CHETOOOS
CHICKUUUNNNN

That wasnt the question I asked

Nice house, family-fag

How much does whole bean coffee cost in your area?
The only non shit coffee ive been able to find is Costco for ~$4.30/lb which is like $0.21 for 16oz of coffee (1 serving).

What the fuck is first wave then, Dunkin Donuts?

Bellybutton?
Where?

$7.99 +tax for literally one handful of coffee beans in a foil bag with a hole on the front of it.
Aldi has a pretty good store brand that's really well suited for iced coffee, it might not taste right to everyone but it's only 3-4 dollars for a can.

under the shirt?

No, it's Giuseppe the Eye-Talian who washed up on the shores of Brooklyn 100 years ago and brought his primitive espresso machine with him. Why are you so angry?

So thirdwave should be popular and widespread in a year or so?

Is this animu any good?
Looks cuuute

All anime looks the same. Badly drawn cartoons scribbled by some neckbeard sexually frustrated pedo jap.

Piss off, pedo.

I used to drink 20 cups coffee a day combined with a heavy nicotine addiction. After I quit smoking I somehow didn't enjoy coffee anymore and now I drink Earl Grey and green tea every single day.

It's already widespread. Popular, in the sense I assume you mean, probably not. By definition, something that focuses on the finest of a limited supply of product cannot be popular. It can be relatively more popular than it is now, but it will never reach second-wave levels of popularity.

Second wave was able to become what it was because it was infinitely compatible with the existing supply. That trademark ashy taste of Starbucks, Bustelo, Illy, Lavazza, Peets, etc, is not an accident. If you want to supply 10,000 stores with consistent product, you don't want to taste the beans when the beans are sometimes not so good, sometimes variable in taste and quality. When you buy in that quantity, you need to be able to *always* meet demand, regardless of crop failures, heat waves, and so on. Which means you have to make do with what you get, which means you want people not to taste the beans, but to taste the roast, which means dark roasts. But they can take it a step further. You don't even have to taste the roast. You can just taste the whipped cream and vanilla syrup.

Also, Starbucks can hire any retard who doesn't give a shit about coffee, because it's fast food tier drink assembly. A third wave style store brews and serves stuff that requires training and attention to detail. It doesn't take a genius to pull a good shot, but it's not something that any jackass can do after 2 minutes of training. So, once again, you have a scalability question. Places like Stumptown are trying, but consistency becomes a major challenge once growth takes you to that size. So they're going to have to make a choice: become more like Starbucks, where it's consistently ass quality, or have wildly inconsistent quality (or wildly increased operating costs)

If you work at Starbucks and lnow what youre doing, you can still make a better product than the twat who thinks single origin pour overs are the next cultural revolution

Unfortunately, this is not true

Hey so has anyone tried Ethiopian coffee? Supposedly it has a far more winelike aroma and taste

What do you mean by "Ethiopian coffee"? Ethiopian varietals? Coffee physically grown within the borders of Ethiopia? Coffee grown as per popular perceptions about what makes "Ethiopian" coffee "Ethiopian" (dry process)?

Ive been to plenty of third wave places and they always fuck up on little things that make a big difference

For instance getting an iced americano, theyll put 2 shots and water it down so much with no ice so its just luke warm

And dont tell me "thats not a real drink" its the most basic iced coffee drink to make and i drink it black, no fru fru bs

Also alot of these places rely heavily on the cold brew trend but somehow make it twice as sour and acidic as regular coffee when its supposed to be the opposite
Then theyll do like a himalayan vanilla flavored one that tastes awful, no ice in a beer glass and charge 6 bucks for it. Most customers just add milk and sugar to it even though they say "you dont need it because its naturally creamy and naturally sweet" but thats marketing crap

Ethiopian varietals grown in that region/climate
I think the varietals are actually from yemen originally, but they were only then cultivated on the other side of the red sea iirc

> iced americano
That's already fucked up, why would you do that?

As far as quality problems and catering to customers who don't care about coffee are concerned, what you're describing is precisely the issue that makes it impossible to scale up a third wave coffee shop into a massive, "popular" operation. There are plenty of third wave roasters who fuck up the beans. Plenty of third wave shops who serve shit coffee. I don't even order pourovers from shops because when they're busy (which is always), they're trying to do too many things at once and the entire point of a pourover is defeated if the guy making the coffee is also running the register and making espresso drinks. To solve that problem you need to hire more people and also pay higher wages to pull talent away from other shops and let you be more selective about who you've got making coffee. That increases the cost of doing business and most people are already conflicted about paying $4 for a cup of coffee when Stumptown is charging $3.

That being said, your original point was "if you know what you're doing at Starbucks you can make a better coffee than a third wave twat" which is not true. It's like saying if you work at McDonalds you can make a better hamburger than Keith McNalley. Quality starts with ingredients. Just because some people fuck up good ingredients doesn't change that fact.

Its tea.

Little girls have tea parties and tea time. Hell, brits have tea time too, doesn't get more emasculating than little girls and brits.

The processing is always the #1 factor

Don't worry too much about muh microclimate except to the extent that it determines how the beans are processed

Starbucks cares about its ingredients, its just not feasible to scale up to the level theyre at but they make do with what they can. Alot of third wave places rely on the same workforce that Starbucks does, college aged liberal arts students who either never held a job or used to work fast food/retail.

There are plenty of restaurants Ive been to where its all local, not frozen, prepared fresh, costs 100 dollars for two people and its still mediocre. Its not JUST ingredients because if it were, the restaurant industry would be alot more stable than it is. Alot goes into training, mgmt, and menu variety. Half of Starbucks menu is trash but its still better than going to Dunkin because its not bizarre for you to like the taste of coffee at the former, where in the latter they default sugar and cream you because they dont like coffee for anything but caffeine.

Starbucks also attempts to educate the public about the proper methods and equipment, whereas a third wave wants to pretend it can only be done by artisans with 5 years experience.

If I make an omelette at my house, and care about what im doing, its going to be better than a place making 6 omelettes every 15 mins. Its not only about better product, which im not going to argue that they dont, but theres a reason why people still prefer Maxwell House because you also have to be able to anticipate taste, and preference. NOT try to recruit them into the single origin mentality, and if they dont "get" it, theyre a lost cause or something.

>Starbucks cares about its ingredients
In the same way that Entemanns cares about its ingredients, yeah
>Alot of third wave places rely on the same workforce that Starbucks does
Yes, that's what I said earlier. How are you going to get 3 star michelin consistency on a McDonalds level workforce? You aren't. You just have to hope that the "cool" factor attracts the talent you want, because the minimum wage plus tips certainly isn't going to.
>There are plenty of restaurants Ive been to where its all local, not frozen, prepared fresh, costs 100 dollars for two people and its still mediocre.
Right, and would you say that, therefore, since McDonalds is more predictable, therefore McDonalds is better? That seems to be your argument.
>Starbucks also attempts to educate the public about the proper methods and equipment,
Not really, only in recent years with their "Starbucks Stating Room" which is a response to their own realization that they were going to get eaten alive by third wave shops if they didn't do something. A bit like the sudden interest in increased quality with companies like ABInBevMillerCoors or whatever the fuck they call themselves now
>whereas a third wave wants to pretend it can only be done by artisans with 5 years experience.
Much like the irrational butthurt in sushi threads, that's basically just fantasy on your part.

Entemmans doesnt train their workforce to learn the ins and outs of the donut making process from farm to store. They dont advertise and promote their donut making process as something important or desirable.

And youre making my argument about quality way too black and white. What you said was that ingredients are the most important factor in taste. What Im arguing is not that McDonalds would be better, its that ingredients are one part of a paradigm that also involves experience, knowlegeabilty, customer service and variety. A third wave place does not automatically become better just because they roasted their beans last week. If that were the case, than I could just buy the beans from them and without having any knowledge of how to make coffee, produce the best cup Ive ever had.

As far as the customer education goes, its not just at the Roastery, the stores have like 4 or 5 different brewing methods that customers can be served or purchase themselves.

The sushi thing is usually overexagerrated but it doesnt mean its not partly true. Like sushi, coffee can be upcharged almost indefinitely based on perception of quality. It doesnt mean its inherently better when ingredients are imported or the chefs speak fluent Japanese, but people like to see it and pay extra for it.

People also like to see wood countertops, handdrawn signs, local artwork, glass bottles, fancy coffee mugs, and recent roast dates. But most people dont even know what these things mean, like to an average joe he might think coffee roasted today is the best coffee but thats not true. He might also think that it doesnt matter when it was roasted and thats also not true. But Starbucks wants people to know this information, even though alot of its own coffee is months old, because theyre not worried about scaring customers away who had no idea of what coffee was "supposed" to be the day before. Third wave assumes that you know better, and for some thats great, others its pretentious.

You seem to be confusing my point for something that it isn't. You asked what "third wave" was and how it differed from "second wave". I explained it and you replied with this weird butthurt comment about how Starbucks is better than third wave, which is a reach to put it mildly.

Point being third wave exposes the quality at every step of the way much more than second wave which is designed to hammer out any accidents so that if you're reasonably competent you can have a fairly predictable result.

Second wave sacrifices the possibility of 10/10 coffee in exchange for never getting below 4/10 coffee.

Third wave risks 0/10 coffee but offers the possibility of 10/10 coffee.

These are of course generalizations, "third wave" is not a brand, a company, or an organization. It's just a generic catch-all for a kind of establishment that tends to follow certain fashions as far as brewing and roasting are concerned, inb4 extreme butthurt because I used the word "fashions"

Yeah, at work we have real shit instant, so I started taking caffeine tablets instead. Bit slower to work than liquid caffeine but feel more alert with them

I wasnt the first person you replied to. Im well aware of what third wave is, and ive been to at least 5 places around my city that are part of this trend. The places that do it best are the ones who arent trying to be "The Starbucks killer" and are trying to do their own thing. I dont hate all third wave, but their quality wavers so much that im reticent to try a new place when it opens. Its kind of like all these breweries popping up claiming locality and quality when all they make is some really gross Red Velvet porter or a gross IPA, which I usually prefer.

Lets concede on the fact that third has the potential to supercede the 2nd, but probably wont because of the reasons youve listed about scalability, and that both have their place. If I wanted to try something different, yeah Id go to a place like Stumptown. But to get "good" coffee consistently, and without having to wait 20 mins, Starbucks is a worthy alternatve.

Alot of what third wave is doing is taken from Starbucks and their customer base, but I also realize it works the other way too.

>not 16 years old
>not a girl
>available for more 4 hours per week

Application discarded.
And it's not just Starbucks any more. It's the while workforce. I've lived here 6 years and only one man has acquired a job in city limits. Only did a month at the deli.

>We're hiring!
>doesn't actually hire people

The workforce is really a joke here and I'm in the sticks of appalachia.

im guessing you dont have much experience so the best thing to do is literally apply at every place. Once you run out of places off the top of your head youll find things you didnt think of. My first job was at Panda Express, which I never had been to before and lied about in my interview, and I assumed I wouldnt bother because I wasnt Asian, but it turns out everyone was either white/hispanic besides my boss who was half chinese and spoke fluent spanish.

Try schools, post office, inventory companies, warehouses, dishwashing jobs, overnight stocking etc Half the time they might want you for another job in the same business.

I concede nothing. Third wave is decidedly superior in every way.

Holy shit Kek, this is like that expanding brain meme. Someone please make it

Ok go there and say you dont normally drink coffee and see how quickly they scoff and dont help you and then make a 10 minute luke warm pourover

why not just get enough sleep dude

>walk into a steak restaurant
>I don't like meat, but the customer is always right. make me happy bloodmouth carnist. oh nice shirt btw did you get fired from your bank teller job? LMAO lighten up it's just a joke. you want a tip? here's a tip get a real job!
>one star. waitstaff was rude and scoffed at me

>autism:the post

Folgers in a percolator

No serious coffee should should serve an Americano, iced or otherwise.

Coffee is only feminine if you get one if those sugary concoctions make at Starbucks.

Coffee with some combination of milk (whole or 2%), and/or a little sugar is patrician.

It should should only be an espresso in a demitasse cup right? Try living where its 90° outside everyday sipping your Ehithiopian Yirgacheffe

I say diet coke. I don't think I've seen a man drink diet coke.

One day someone will have to explain to me why women are always so oblivious to open windows when walking around indecent.

Just last week I was leaving some girl's place and she followed me through her kitchen naked and I turn and stare back and forth between her and her open window above the kitchen sink that lines up with the neighbor's windows. And she's like "What?" I swear this happens all the time. I mean, not with her, but just in general.

Situational awareness impediment based on sex? I only meet shameless whores? Who knows?

Any middle aged man drinks it at home, like 24 packs every 2 days. I think it helps curb cigarette dependency.

>a small cup of hot liquid consumed indoors is totally incompatible with living in a hot climate
Doesn't seem to bother Arabs, Colombians, Brazilians, Italians, etc...

Theyre still on the 1st wave though user, i thought you wanted to be cool?

They'd be 0th wave, actually. And I am cool, because I can drink a 25ml cup of espresso indoors without keeling over from an acute attack of the mimsies. I must be some kind of superhuman I guess.

WRONG
tea is the ultimate feminine beverage.
Coffee is for men who need to get up in the morning and get things done. Coffee is a tool, tea is a luxury.

By that metric coffee is also a luxury because it has no nutritional value and people drink it often enough that it stops having any effect and they become dependent on it just to function normally.
It's vain and frivolous, with no utility, that sounds pretty feminine to me.

>drinking anything but water is feminine
OK

Theo do Japanese style flash brew pourover. There's nothing wrong with ice and coffee, it's everything about the Americano. Iced or otherwise.

Also I do still go straight espresso when it's 90-100°f and extremely humid. It's a small drink, it doesn't have enough thermal mass to heat you up like brewed coffee. And you should NEVER consume any coffee when it's hot, it should be just warm.

>And you should NEVER consume any coffee when it's hot, it should be just warm.
Very smart comment.
But many people are ignorant to this fact,
same as they are ignorant to not drinking iced cold water with their (warm-hot) food.
And stupid restaurants are serving water with ice thinking that they are doing favor to those stupid customers.

After numerous tests making the same coffee with Aeropress and moka pot (I use stainless steel model moka pot not the aluminum model)
I come to conclusion that I like taste and flavor of coffee made in moka pot much better.
Aeropress coffee tastes weaker thinner, not so full flavor bodied as coffee made in moka pot.
With Aeropress I use metal filter supplied with it, (not the paper filters) so both A-press and moka pot have very similar filtration systems.
And coffee beans I use are medium roast, (100%Arabica) from local very reputable roaster, but I'm going to buy good quality Robusta beans to experiment with them,
and to also get almost the double the amount of caffeine from Robusta coffee beans compared with the Arabica beans.

I'm thinking of starting drinking (good quality Robusta) medium roast Robusta coffee in the morning (after or with the breakfast,never on the empty stomach) for the extra caffeine blast,
and after work in the evening I will drink 100%Arabica more for the fine taste and flavors of it and much less caffeine.

Arabica vs. Robusta what’s the real deal?
barkingdogroasters.com/our-coffee/arabica-vs-robusta/

Unemployment does sound pretty chill

not everyone has bellybuttons user

make sure you are not confusing them with anuses

Well, there's the oil, but without knowing your grinds, your beanwater ratios, and your brew times, it's hard to make a real assessment of that "test". The trouble with moka pot is that aluminum is quite a bit more reactive than plastic. Done properly a moka does a roughly 1 minute brew, which is on the low side compared to a press, but the oils would compensate for the lower extraction

OK let's start here;
>The trouble with moka pot is that aluminum
>(I use stainless steel model moka pot not the aluminum model)

>but without knowing your grinds,
same setting on the coffee grinder for coffee made with Aeropress and with moka pot
>and your brew times,
brew time for moka pot is what it is,as you know it, with the Aeoropress I tried the suggested 45-60 seconds brew time before pushing on the plunger,
and I also left the coffee brewing for 5 to 7 minutes (same as in french press) before pushing on the plunger of Aeropress.
And I use the same amount of coffee in both devices.
Aeropress coffee tastes good,nothing wrong with it, but just my personal observation that I prefer taste of coffee made in my moka pot.

>too high
>too low
You ever consider something in a reasonable range? Say, 2:00-3:30?

Also what is your beanwater ratio

>You ever consider something in a reasonable range? Say, 2:00-3:30?
actually yes, I went through several different time ranges with my Aeropress including 2 to 3 minutes (and I did it few times) to make sure I can "taste-remember" how the coffee tasted.

>Also what is your beanwater ratio
I must say that I don't understand what you mean here.
Aeropress is what it is, I was filling the Aeropress tube-container to the top with water, and I used the same amount of water in my moka press,
so both devices got the same amount of water to the same amount of coffee grinds.

>I must say that I don't understand what you mean here.
Generally one states the ratio in terms of mass of beans vs mass of water. For example 250g water to 18g bean would be about 14:1

OK understand.
But I don't measure how much water I pour into my Aeropress, I just pour water to the rim.
I measured how much it is and I pour the same amount into my moka pot.

>I measured how much it is and I pour the same amount into my moka pot.
actually in my moka pot I add almost one ounce of water extra because there is always that much left on the bottom after brewing in moka pot.

calm down, reddit.

Guess we are having an actual thread, how the fuck do I clean a french press? I rinse the glass part (beaker?) out until it stops smelling like old coffee, dissemble the plunger and rinse the grounds out then plunge it in the water-filled beaker 15 or so times but this takes forever.
Robusta is just going to be extremely bitter, there's a reason it's only used for filler and instant coffee

>muh reddit
Go away, reddit

>I usually drink an entire pot in the morning

Confirmed for not buying locally roasted, sensibly sourced single origin coffee.