P.F. Chang's

So my boss wants to host a dinner party at P.F. Chang's, and I've never been and never even had Chinese food before. Anyone know anything good on the menu? I feel like if i order the kid's chicken tenders I'll get fired

just order what you think sounds good.
I don't think americanized chinese food has anything unpalatable for a manchild, so you should be good

EVERYTHING THERE

ahem, sorry about the caps. everything there is good. their appetizers,entrees, rice, egg rolls, liquor selection, etc.

i always get the general cho chicken. sweet and sour soup. ice water with a lemon wedge.

you gotta go back

They're honestly pretty fantastic, pretty much everything I've tried there has been good. It's not super authentic, but it's almost always tasty (if a little on the sweet side for some dishes).

I like their lettuce wraps, hot and sour soup and mongolian beef.

>rr-reddit spacing
shut the fuck up you faggot it's just formatting

>Changs
Isn't that racist?

sure is, why don't you come on over and explain that to Mr. Chiang here?

>she formats her posts instead of 4matting them

thank you for calling me a girl that made me feel really warm inside

>he types like a woman

>host a dinner party at a chain restaurant

Do people actually do this? Is it like being the parent of the kid having a b-day at Chuck E Cheese?

I mean, it's a work dinner. This isn't strange at all

what fucking timeline have you been living in, retard.

tons of people do this

PF Changs is hosting, his office is just having dinner there.

>go to a restaurant
>always get the same thing

what is wrong with these people?

maybe people like a certain dish and don't want to take the chance of ordering something they don't like, thus wasting their money?

whats your fucking problem, bro? i hear the ethiopian restaurant down the block is giving sperm pancakes. hustle up.

Bascially this, I try to try new things but whenever I see something I've never had and want to try it, I can't because the thought of wasting 15+ bucks on a meal I might completely hate would make me want to kill myself because that's two hours of wages and I live paycheck to paycheck

not to mention having to shovel it down anyways to avoid social awkwardness.

>poor
>eating out
fucking idiot

eh, I'm chinese and I like PF Chang's.

The mayo walnut honey shrimp was pretty good. I'd get that again. Their rice sucks though.

>It's not super authentic
It's not authentic at ALL. P.F. Chang's is just a sit-down restaurant that sells nicer-quality New York-style Chinese take-out. The menu is about as Chinese as Domino's is Italian.

It's really tasty, but it really isn't by any stretch of the imagination related to actual Chinese food more than superficially.

Crispy honey shrimp.

Half the menu basically is just tendies with McDonald's tier sauces.

They have a wok-fried fillet mignon which is alright.
Yes, the took a fillet and cut it into fucking tendies
Yes, they used a premium cut of beef in a fucking stir-fry
It's still decent. Just the right amount of char imo, and it complements the lime vinaigrette very well. The potatoes are a good addition too, both for the texture and the starchiness. It just isn't fine dining, though it pretends to be.

Their hot and sour soup is unironically great. Amazing savory taste and thick texture. It just isn't hot, so while the spice won't turn anybody away, you're bound to be disappointed if you wanted *hot* and sour soup. And It's like seven bucks for a giant bowl, so you can get full on just it if you're jewish or a college student, or you can share it among a table of up to 8 people. The chicken noodle is an even better recommendation, arguably, and actually is hot. It's made to order with conical rice noodles, grape tomatoes etc and is another good choice.

Their miso glazed salmon on spinach is god awful. Don't order it. It's expensive, that doesn't mean it's good.

A lot of stuff on their menu is really bad. There was a "Chang's Lemon Chicken" on the menu when I was a kid. and it was sickening. All the cloying sweetness of "sweet and sour," but more so, and no savory taste to it. The "crunchy" coating was soggy as fuck.
They don't have it anymore, but still

The plus side of ordering the fillet is you can show off your culinary acumen by laughing, not taking it seriously, and busting the waiter's balls

Seconding the lettuce wraps, those things are delicious.

>$15
>Two hours of wages
You shouldn't be eating out at all

>typing like a woman

>poorfag irresponsible with his money is 15 bucks away from the street
I kek at your poverty

Mongolian Beef and Lettuce Wraps.

I didn't know people outside of plebs liked that place. It's absolutely gross, even as a stoner i can't imagine forcing down any of that disgusting lemon scallop bs

This whole chain of posts was sad to read, kys

Actually Domino's is even worse. It's not even authentic Italian-American. Last time I ordered there the guy gave me a weird look when I asked if they made Stromboli.

What do you expect? Domino isn't a real Italian name for chrissakes

we wuz changs

Stir fried eggplant is the bomb yup yup

I feel you there bro. Things will get better!

get the lettuce wraps

I grew up on a combo of cheap but decent american-chinese buffets, and one REALLY FUCKING GOOD authentic delicious spicy-as-fuck szechuan/hunan chinese restaraunt run by some angel who descended from heaven and assumed the form of an elderly asian man.
As an adult I fucking LOVE all kinds of chinese food (asian food in general actually) even the crappy garbage ones. I just have a soft-spot for it all.

I ate at PF Changs once with my family, we got several dishes off the menu... and they were all fucking crap.. but not the good kind of crap.
They were going for that "authentic spicy" flavor, but they just fucked it up. It tastes like shit. All spice, no subtlety, no real flavor. And to top it off, it was overpriced fucked up shitty crap. You'd get the same thing for cheaper if you went to a cheap chinese buffet and just poured hot sauce on everything.

I've seen many people say they love it.
But these are probably the same sort of people who love any garbage chain. They probably go hang out at the bar at applebee's or chili's, and get the "fresh fish" at red lobster when they live in the middle of the midwest.
If you go and like it, then honestly the world takes all sorts.

I get the cauliflower tempura. The gochujang sauce on it is quite good.

Urgh. Sorry, man. My father drags me there from time to time because "it's Chinese food!" The place is mediocre, but what kills me there is that they think salt should be the major ingredient by weight.

None of it is going to be too terrible, but it will be Applebee's quality in general. Just grab whatever you think you'll like.

Never had Chinese Food before. Do you work and live in some Brazilian forgotten rain forest tribe?

I've only been once and this eggplant was pretty tasty

And these dumplings looked better than they tasted. Hope this helps. Godspeed, OP

Did you grow up outside of America or something? How have you never had American Chinese before? It's the tits!

>making a thread on asking what to order at a chinese restaurant

i think you have larger issues at hand. im guessing you are one of these losers who writes off the fact that you get nervous in front of people as "anxiety" because it's easier for clowns like you to blame your short comings on a made up "condition"

whoops i got side tracked

anyway, ya, youre here asking what food you should order? how about for everyone's sake that knows or knows of you, you order 12 oz of lead to the face you fucking faggot.
you are really here asking
>hurr what do i order so i dont look dumb?
you already look dumb. and your autistic demeanor will show during this half-ass dinner with your boss and coworkers.

kill yourself and never reproduce. i mean it. youre a burden on society and we would all be much better off without you sleuthing around your shitty 9-5 as the timid, self questioning dipshit that you are.

end it.