What the hell am I supposed to do about this

What the hell am I supposed to do about this
I fee like throwing everything out and getting new dishes

Just use disposable then?

Remember Titus 1:15: "To the Pūr all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe nothing is pūre"

This image legitimately angers me, I have roommates that do this and have the gall to bitch at me for not being clean enough

>ikea
will it even survive being washed? literally everything I ever got from that place was flimsy garbage, it's a false economy that only appeals to broke college kids

You mean false dichotomy

Why don't you just wash the dishes after you finish eating?

If it's other people's dishes, get them to do it. If they're yours, you have to saddle up; you should take down about two thirds of the dishes, especially the really dirty ones, and stack as many plates and bowls as you can
about halfway up, fitting whatever utensils you can to the side, and fill the sink with soapy water. You're just going to have to break it down into several sink fulls of dishes. If you start running out of room in a clean dish drier you're going to have to either dry them by hand or if you have the counterspace you can lay out clean dish towels or tea towels and use that as space to allow space for drying.

Either way it's gonna take a little work, but you can do it in less than an hour unless you're completely inept.

I would do them for you if I could. I love cleaning. :-)

my dad has used the same ikea cups and plates for 12 years and none of them has chipped unless you drop it on granite or something. i've even dropped a highball glass on hardwood floor and it didn't break

(You)

If it's all yours stop being a fat lazy fuck and do it yourself.

If it's others, do what I do, and dedicate a cardboard box in the garage to putting anything that's not mine that has been sitting there for more than two days

No excuse for being a slob

Babysteps. Clean one idish take a break. That sink is nothing and the dishes dosn't even look particularly dirty. Man up, son.

If it's your fault, take everything out, put it on the table or just anywhere out of the way, then slowly clean this shit one by one.

If it's not your fault, go YELL at whoever the fuck is responsible until they cry.

I actually do this...I buy a new pot/pan set every Sunday...the dirt cheap ones, I pay 19.99 and tax...like a 14 piece set, I use them once and throw them out...

I also don't clean my toilet, I just change it once a year in the spring when I find one on sale for like $100...takes me less than 5 mins to pull the old one out and pop the new one back in.

Last one even came with the wax ring! It was a good deal...

Step 1: Designate space for messy dishes. It's only temporary and if anyone raises a fuss, tell them it's everyone's burden, not just yours.

Step 2: Separate and organize.

-Leave Utensils in the sink or wash basin. They'll be exposed to soapy water the longest and practically clean themselves this way.

-Plates in their own pile, likely closest to the sink because they're "easiest"

-Bowls are separated in their own pile. I find they're "easier" than cups because cups can be huge or require more hands on work

-Cups, Pots, Pans, etc. all in their own piles

Step 3: Rinse and Soak.

Any dishes with food, sauce, dressing or juice residue? Best soak that shit. Use hot water, don't be a pussy, it gets results. Soak utensils as well, you'll probably need to loosen food particles a bit before getting your soap together.

Step 4: Soap to the rescue

NOW start your pile of soapy water. I wanna say it should just be 100% hot, but you gotta put your hand in there so -- 60% hot, 40% cold. Never 100% cold or somewhat cool. Again, hot water gets results and if your baby shit hands can't handle that, buy some rubber fucking gloves.

Incidentally, depending on what your washing tool is -- be it a rag or a sponge, make sure that shit is sterilized. Boil it, microwave it, I don't care what your method is. Just don't be an asshole who uses the same thing for cleaning the floor after the dog/cat/snake/etc., that's a public health hazard.

Step 5. Pile and set

WORKING BY TYPE FIRST, Find the messiest looking dishes and pile them into the water, largest to smallest in diameter. Let them sit for a bit, let's say 45 seconds or so and scrub/wipe accordingly. Repeat until all plates are done and move on to bowls, etc.,

Done.

Pointers
-A little soap goes a long way. You don't need to pour 1/4 of the bottle to get things done. A squeeze that takes 1 second or less is all you need, what matters is how much you spread around in that 1 second

-Assuming you bought some powerful soap and not that dollar store "Amazing" shit that feels too watery, you can stretch that out as you go. Try filling pots with a little bit of the soapy water and filling the rest with HOT BOILING water from the sink. By the type you work your way to pots and pans, those fuckers will practically clean themselves

-If you use a scrubber sponge, apply a little soap to each side for good measure. Also, don't count out fhe soft side of the sponge, some surfaces need a wipe, even if something like a plate looks clean, just wipe for good measure.

-There's no shame in taking breaks in between but be considerate of others and keep the maximum amount of time at ONE 15 minute break on average (2 are fine in restaurant sized amounts, maybe). Any longer and you may as well forget you were washing. Don't forget to put dishes away before finishing off the rest of the pile.

-If you have a spray wand, use it for rinsing crud off dishes. The soap can take care of it, technically but it's less gross if you destroy it beforehand

-I like taking care of Utensils either in the middle of a large pile of plates or after bowls. Makes more room for other more larger dishes.

>Being so mentally handicapped you can't even figure out how to wash dishes

Just put the dirty stuff into the dishwasher consecutively?

I used to do this in college when I was drunk and stoned (and depressed) all the time.

Then I one time I got really fucking sick. I had a high fever and chills, was hallucinating shit in the corners of my eyes, felt like I was swallowing shards of red-hot glass every time I swallowed, and I couldn't lay down because of body aches and had to sleep in a chair.
I never go to the doctor, but I was so freaked out that I was going to die, that I made an appointment at the nearest clinic and drove in this fucked-up state to get there.
He had all these posters up in the waiting room about STI/D prefevention and there was a magazine that was talking about some AIDS charity and in my delusional state I imagined these were all signs from god that I had AIDS and was dying from it. But then he checked me out and said I probably had a really bad infection and gave me some antibiotics.
The antibiotics affected me weird and I felt kinda manic so I decided to clean my apartment.
When I got to my fully overflowing sink of dirty dishes.. I realized I hadn't actually touched it in several months. Fucker was literally a petri dish. Some of my ceramic plates were permanently discolored from the crazy fuzzy shit growing on them. I had to throw half my dishes out because shit was cemented/fused on.
I'm 100% positive it was the source of the worst sickness I have ever had in my life.

Since then, I clean everything right after I use it. I don't like to wait more than a few hours.
I have a dish-washer in my new apartment. Occasionally it will be full of clean dishes that just need time to dry, and it will force me to leave some dirty dishes out, sometimes overnight... it actually stresses me the fuck out and makes me unhappy and I fucking CAN NOT STAND to have any dishes sitting in the sink anymore, I have to at least lightly-wash them so they are sort-of clean to leave them up on the counter.

Just suck it up and deal with it. I go through the same angst over dealing with piles of dirty dishes. Also, keep some disposable paper plates and bowls on hand for when you KNOW you can't be arsed to do dishes.
Once you get started, OP, it'll go fast. As with most drudgery, getting started is the hardest part.

do you also burn dollar bills to keep warm in the winter

woman

woman

gay man

passive aggressive prick

autism

That second post is just any reasonable person.

gigantic fucking slob

two can play at this game, user

>not having a single bowl for everything
>not being raw vegan

Take the big shit out and put it aside. Wash the, cups, plates, and silverware first. Dry it, and put it away. Get to work on the big stuff. Leave it drying so you do less work. Listen to music while washing. It's that easy.

Put it in the dishwasher?

Just put them in the dishwasher.

true story
>never do dishes in the 12 years i've lived at my house
>get arrested
>go to jail
>be released

now I love doing dishes, maybe man the fuck up and do the dishes?

>maybe go to jail????

You sound exhausting.

le easy, don't cook, if you absolutely have to use a plate, i.e., not eating superior canned food, use same plate and use paper napkins or tp to wipe it off after use to simulate washing, or if you wanna be environmentally friendly, don't use paper, but let the flavors fester in the stale, humid air of your room so that next meal is a one-way trip to flavortown

Wash them?
It would only take about ten minutes at the most.

whyd you go to jail tho

When I was in my 20's I had a girlfriend who did this. Every time I didn't go to her apartment for a week I'd find the whole kitchen like that. I couldn't leave it like that in good conscience. I ended up going and buying a big bussing tray to put them in so I could use the sink to wash them. I would wait until she went to work and clean the place before I left. Some people are just kind of retarded.

Not doing the dishes

Put them in the dishwasher? I don't understand this problem

>Don't ever let it get to that stage in the first place.
>Wash up immediately after eating.
>Wash as you cook once you've finished using something whilst you're standing there waiting.

You wanted a way out, I'm showing you the door.

Don't ask for help if you're just gonna bitch about it.

I used to be bad like that.
then a few times it was so bad some plates and things got permanently stained and had to throw them away.

then I found that the bottom of the stainless sink started to corrode and pit due to food breaking down.
I basically ruined the sink and a few pots.

never again. After that I put away all the dishes except for 1 plate,1 bowl, 1 cup, 1 spoon etc. And never had a sink full again.

protip:

The protip is don't leave it so long.
the longer you leave it the more you won't want to do it

Fat cunt either clean after yourself or go live with dirty cunts like yourself in India taking shits on the streets.

OP probably also don't wipe himself when taking a dump.

People usually wipe -after- taking a dump.

No he doesn't