Lobster General

Howdy /c(uc)k/, landlocked lobster lover here. Make me hate my home state by posting the best lobster you can find.

Other urls found in this thread:

vinepair.com/articles/hennessys-popularity-is-not-due-to-hip-hop-the-story-is-much-deeper-than-that/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Butter poached lobster is my favorite way of cooking and eating it. Especially over risotto, or rice pilaf, or whipped cauliflower. It's also good served in a puff pastry shell with sauteed garlic spinach or chard underneath.

My second favorite way is herb roasted, served on top of cioppino with a sourdough baguette.

>tfw nova scotian and get bags full of live lobster whenever I visit my fishing relatives

Lobster mac and cheese is shockingly good

Mainefag here - it's fucking retarded how people will travel across like four to seven states just to eat a lobster roll. They're good - but at some locations you might as well just get a whole fucking lobster. Pic related, people will line the fuck up in the summer like it's a bread line in the Great Depression, it's a horrible use of one's day.

Furthermore I'm pretty sure "Maine lobsters" are just Canadian lobsters that are swept down from Prince Edward Island's coast due to the current

That being said I love lobsters and seafood - Central Maine is a landlocked hellhole

>price like otoro, taste like chewy oversized shrimp
People who eat lobster on purpose are fools

It's for chinese business men to show off their largesse, and black people celebrating payday, nothing more

Nigger, please. You don't know how to eat lobster.

Oh I know how to eat it alright. Chopped up and fried in a wok with some garlic, ginger, scallions, shaoxing wine, and sichuan pepper. Taste great. But then, so would pretty much any seafood that costs 1/8 the price of lobster, and involves less work

you're a monster for putting all those strong flavors with lobster

Eh, he's asian, he doesn't know any better.

And why not? It needs it. Although your pic might be fine for someone recovering from seasickness, or the stomach flu.

I feel bad for people that don't know what fresh lobster tastes like

actually even broiling lobster tail with butter salt and paprika is pretty amazing. tastes much better than shrimp. shrimp always has this weird chlorine after taste

I just had dinner, or I would drive down to the local lobster shack right now to annoy you. Have a yelp pic from them.

It looks hella good

>shrimp always has this weird chlorine after taste
Probably because the shrimp you got was soaked in bleach somewhere between the thai slave shrimp boat and trader joes

If I'm shopping at Trader Joe's, I'm buying Langoustines, not shrimp.

same reason you don't dump steak sauce on a dry aged ribeye

you've lost the plot, kid

Except a dry aged ribeye has flavor of its own, whereas lobster literally just tastes like the bottom feeder garbage that it is. I'm guessing either you're a heavy smoker, or you haven't had both dry aged ribeye and lobster

Good lobster is sweet and slightly briny tasting, you mong. Sorry you eat such shit food.

>Sorry you eat such shit food.
Actually I rarely eat lobster except to fulfill my role as the grateful guest at a business meal. I've long since given up on finding 'PROPER' lobster which everyone told me is what I really needed to try. Nah, it's all pretty mediocre. It's a bit like rabbit. It's expensive for no particular reason, so people think "ooh it must be great". Nah, it's just a shitty version of chicken. Sorry you confused expensive for good.

Lobster isn't expensive where I live. Neither is rabbit.
Whatever shithole place you live in that overcharges for rabbit, sorry. You really have no idea what food is supposed to be like, obviously. You base your opinions on your limited experiences, and assume that's how everything is. That's just sad, dude. You're sad.

>he doesn't like things I like therefore it's sad
I've got plenty of nice things where I am, and I've traveled a hell of a lot more than you, you don't need to worry about me. Worry about yourself and your stockholm syndrome.

How could you ever possibly know whether you've traveled more than me? ANOTHER idiotic assumption, just like your opinions on food. Also, you don't know what Stockholm syndrome is.

Sure thing, you must be right of course

Yeah, as a chef, and not the other guy, youre a fucking retard.

Now, you have to resort to useless, simplistic retorts. YOU are the one who came to this thread to shit all over it. You caused your own problems, guy.

Hes probably a 6'5 engineer making 300k with a 9 inch dick too.

You guys are both fags

>waah waah why don't people like what I like
Look, it's fine for what it is: overgrown shrimp with shell you can't even eat. Bit of a waste there but hey, not all seafood can be a winner. To the extent that shrimp meat with the shells ripped off and thrown out is good, lobster is also good. But it's not some amazing god's gift to mankind that some people pretend it is because they feel like they have to be grateful because it's expensive.

kek

It's 8" actually, is that big? Women tell me it is but I assume they're just being nice.

First off, it's not shrimp, will never be shrimp, and calling it "overgrown shrimp" just makes you look stupid.
Secondly, as I've said before, lobster isn't expensive where I live. It's quite cheap, so that part of your idiotic argument doesn't apply either.
You're just blathering to blather. So wrapped up in your OPINIONS (and bad ones at that) being right, you can't see how fucking stupid you're being. Lobster is delicious, to millions of people. If you don't like it, don't eat it, but don't expect people to think you know anything about food when you say such stupid shit.

These days, women won't take any dick smaller than 9 inches. They've gotten insane about cock size. Only BBCs can satisfy. Us whitebois have to hump our hands.

>asian
>8" cock

Rhode Islander here. I never realized how big Maine was until I had to drive 7 hours through it

hey, im on your side

>millions of people, most of whom are black, think lobster, gucci sunglasses, and hennessy VSOP are the best thing ever, therefore lobster is the best thing ever
You can have your opinion and I can have mine. Unlike seafood, when it comes to eating what you like, we can all be a winner! And BTW I have nothing against the blacks. You folks did some great things for American music.

Maritime lobsters from the gulf of st laurence are best
colder water = better lobster

Yeah but youre not saying "i personally dont find lobster appetizing". Youre saying "lobster is shit, stop liking things I dont like". Which of course is ignorant and stupid.

Oh looky here! Another stupid assumption!!
I guess you think anyone who knows more about food than you is black, then?

Well, maybe I'm just a bit butthurt because I was told it was some amazing gourmet food and I spent considerable effort trying to figure out why my experiences were not lining up to my expectations. Eventually I realized that I was right and everyone else was wrong, and I feel it's important that others understand this too. Very well then, it is not shit, it's just basically, slightly worse than shrimp, except 10x more expensive. I may have overstated things there a bit. If it was free, I might eat it sometimes for variety's sake.

Well, to be fair, you're from Rhode fucking Island. The tiniest of states. (good seafood, though). You should try driving across Texas sometime. Or up California. Or through Montana.

>who knows more about food than you
That's a rather funny way to say "confused expensive for good"

So you're being a dumbass is inherent because you're a racist

>Used to live in Newfoundland and eat lobster several times a year
>Now live in Montreal where it's expensive as Hell, haven't had it in two or three years

I want inexpensive lobster and am too cheap to buy it here reeeeee

You really should learn more about food before you start throwing around accusations of racism
vinepair.com/articles/hennessys-popularity-is-not-due-to-hip-hop-the-story-is-much-deeper-than-that/

>Eventually I realized that I was right and everyone else was wrong, and I feel it's important that others understand this too.

Oh my god, get a load of this guy. You wouldn't happen to also make an amazing Irish Stew and Soda Bread, would you?

And you have a funny way of saying "I have no reading comprehension skills". Since only a complete DUMBASS could have missed the many times I repeated that lobster is not expensive where I live.

I tried once, but the host threw me out of the party because he kept pushing alcoholic beverages at me and I am not a drunk. It was an unpleasant experience, to put it lightly.

Look, Im a chef. You have every right to say you dont like something. I personally dont like iberico ham or sturgeon caviar . That doesnt make them shit. That just means I dont like it. Theyre still incredible ingredients that I definitely understand why people seek it out.
Thinking that everyone is wrong is just arrogance and youre being a dick. Lobster is an extremely sweet, tender seafood that pared with the right things a meal, that in my opinion, are up there with anything out there that you can experience.

Why are white men so intrigued by the size of another man?

But iberico ham and sturgeon caviar are great. Just more evidence that I'm right and you, despite being a chef, are wrong.

I like how both ads they use are screaming "GET WOMEN DRUNK AND THEN FUCK THEM"

You're pathetic.

Did you not read what I wrote?

Yeah Maine is pretty big - which wouldn't be a problem if we weren't so fucking spread out. Above Lewiston there is fuck all - absolutely nothing but shitty towns that smell like paper mills and broken dreams. The seafood is the only reason to come here, Canada should annex the top part of Maine. In fact, take it all, fuck it

Montana would be fucking stupid but Texas or Cali might actually be fun because there is shit to do/see along the way, not to mention Texas BBQ!

It's ok, you have my permission to like lobster. We cool? Cool. I'm off to make dinner now.

I had to go to Bar Harbor for a work thing and it felt like it took longer to get from the Maine border to there than it did from my house to the Maine border. Everything is too damn spread out

Yeah, fuck off, you're done here. Go shove your head back up your own ass some more, that ought to improve things.

I hope you at least know that youre a douchebag.

From Sherbrooke QC I drove to Maine to get a McRib.

But for the lobster we get the same one up here. No need to go that far.

BTW Hello NH and ME brothers!

Christ, enough with the "MUH FLAVUR" bullshit. We get it, ethnics are inferior to white Europeans in every conceivably way. Shut the fuck up Chink. Your house smells.

>General

??? do you even know what those ingredients do? It's not strongly flavored at all, it's just more "strongly" than butter and steam. Your angry diatribe is strange considering how you people get angry when a pizza has more ingredients than olive oil, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. With your kind everything has to be blasted with third-rate salted "meat product" and so on, because the freshness and purity of an ingredient isn't allowed to stand out on its own.

can still see the shit tube in that lobster

Ns here too. What a coincidence

>Sherbrooke QC
Hello Flower bro, I just moved to NH. Hope to visit your foreign, exotic lands once the weather warms.

>chewy oversized shrimp
stop over cooking it
Could literally be any kind of decapod in there and it'd all taste the same

Can't wait for the day I can leave Boston and buy land in Maine

I want to retire early and cheap

What barbarian would slice a lobby in half?! A true New Englander would use a knuckle cracker for the claws and nothing else.

>buying land in Maine
>cheap

If you want to be anywhere nice it's going to cost an assload because folks like you had the same idea fifteen to twenty years ago. I guess you could find some cheap land in the woods but why bother? The land is cheap but so is Lyme disease

Just wait until it comes on sale in a month or so, you can get it for like $5/lb.