Trigger Warning: Not Safe For Neckbeards

Hey y'all. Came here to browse and noticed there wasn't a thread on veganism. So I'm gonna start one. Not going to give my opinions on it yet. This will be an experiment to see Veeky Forums's reaction to the subject. I haven't been here in ages so I'd like to see if things are still the same. I have a bunch of homework due tonight so I'll probably check back on this thread in the morning.

Also, I know this is Veeky Forums, but please go to www.scholar.google.com if you have the urge to make a claim that you believe is "common sense" (aka your opinions based on what your family told you or what you saw posted on Facebook, or just something you thought on your own based off preconceived ideas that are also wrong).

Oh, and if any of you want to know what veganism is even about, you can click the tabs at the top of this blog for a little summary:
www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=om0cijKwLOo
mcdonalds.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2528709/
yahoo.com/beauty/mom-says-pressure-breastfeed-led-210245847.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826028
academia.edu/download/37767499/2378-5438-1-2-004.pdf
thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/baby-breastfed-by-vegan-mother-dies/
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/000992288602500409
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01963568
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022347605812399
adc.bmj.com/content/77/2/137
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
chriskresser.com/why-you-should-think-twice-about-vegetarian-and-vegan-diets/
ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing beats delicious dead baby cow

Just for you posting this, I'm gonna go cook a steak right now.

Fuck you you sanctimonious fuck.

how big is your farm

Just posting so I can let you know I'm sageing your thread

do you have any good recommendations of a vegan dish? ive found a lot of the ones ive seen elsewhere turn out bland or oily.

Without modern agricultural methods, shipping, storage, man made supplements a vegan diet is a death sentence. Therefore it is not natural. If you can't sustain yourself on a vegan diet with only the things primitive man had it can't be natural. If you can't find enough plant based foods within walking distance all year around you will die.

>vegans
youtube.com/watch?v=om0cijKwLOo

You do now actually need supplements to be a healthy vegan.
You could live a primitive life and be a healthy vegan.
This is always the argument I hear and it's total BS. I'm not a vegan myself but It's something I may well do someday, and this annoys ME.

Every reaction you're going to receive will be negative or critical because of your immediately visible, offensive bias. Check your image, subject line, and your flippant, condescending writing style. Any conclusions you draw from your experience here is already invalid because of this.

Don't shill your tumblr. In fact, please go back to it entirely.

Also

Guess you didn't spot the trigger warning.

Even so in most climates you can't find edible plants all year around. But you can find animals all year around. Also try making winter clothing out of plants. Animal fur and hide works much better for staying warm in the winter.

Oh. Well I didn't care enough to appear highly sensitive to the pansies who apparently inhabit this place. I just didn't want to have to spend hours of my valuable time debunking a bunch of retarded crap in the morning. So I thought I'd encourage people to fact check their statements. But I guess it doesn't really matter in a place like this. My mistake. Shouldn't have even bothered making a thread I guess.

go protest in the street

Hey y'all. Came here to browse and noticed there wasn't a thread on McDonald's. So I'm gonna start one. Not going to give my opinions on it yet. This will be an experiment to see Veeky Forums's reaction to the subject. I haven't been here in ages so I'd like to see if things are still the same. I have a bunch of dick to suck tonight so I'll probably check back on this thread in the morning.

Also, I know this is Veeky Forums, but please go to www.mcdonalds.com if you have the urge to make a claim that you believe is "common sense" (aka your opinions based on what your family told you or what you saw posted on Facebook, or just something you thought on your own based off preconceived ideas that are also wrong).

Oh, and if any of you want to know what veganism is even about, you can click the tabs at the top of this blog for a little summary:
mcdonalds.tumblr.com/

There are a lot of them on that blog. Personally I usually just eat regular food, veganized. Often tastes better than the traditional version. Today I just ate bean and rice burritos, brownies with strawberries and coconut whipped cream, and an apple with peanut butter. Simple yet tasty.

You just have to try more recipes. Someone could say worse about animal based food if they only tried a few different recipes. It's like if you're a kid just learning to make animal based food, it's going to take practice before you figure out how to make something really good. Look for vegan recipes with high ratings I guess. But of course everyone has their own tastes and some things other people like, you won't. For example, tons of vegans love nutritional yeast, but I think it's got too much of an earthy taste for me to use in my cooking. I'd have to cover the flavor up with something else for it to work. I can see why some people like that earthy taste, and it's not bad - but I'm just used to more "clean" tasting food I guess. It's possible however that I tried a bad brand of nutritional yeast. I've tried bad brands of plant milks that if I had tried first, would almost have made me not like plant milk (still think all of it tastes infinitely better than cow's milk though). Anyway, yeah, just keep trying stuff and look for ratings on recipes. Eventually you'll learn how to cook for yourself too, and can adjust any recipes to your liking.

Fuck you faggot. I'd rather die early than continue to share existence with holier than thou condescending cunts like you.

Every vegan I know hates that guy and is convinced he's actually a shill for the meat and dairy industries. So I wouldn't use him as the bedrock of your argument against veganism. Be a little more creative than attacking one person as if they represent the entire movement.

Hey I'd rather you die early too but let's not go to extremes.

Dead baby lamb is a start.

no ones diet is possible without modern agricultural methods, shipping, and etc, you absolute fuckin nugget

Facts are facts. Vegetarians live longer than meat eaters AND vegans. And the surgeon general was forced to admit that pipe smokers live longer than non-smokers. If you're not a vegetarian pipe smoker, enjoy an early death from ass cancer and/or complications related to stress. You're both sanctimonious faggots, with your "muh dominion" and "muh animals." You don't see anybody crying about Hong Kongers living in cages, or company scrip slaves making the PCs you're shitposting on. Here, I got a new diet for you: hot lead.

am vegan
you might have had a chance to start a less (for Veeky Forums at least) anger ridden thread if you didn't sound like a condescending fuck

Do I even need to respond to this comment? I mean the anime image attached to it seems to discredit it enough without my response, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM

I am condescending though. It's exhausting trying to hide it. Plus, as a vegan of 7 years, I learned the very hard way that it doesn't matter how polite you are, people are still going to get their panties in a twist if you mention the word "vegan". Forgive me if I've grown bitter.

Look at that picture, then at the file name. Then google the word irony.

condescending and obnoxious vegans are why most people hate us.

Actually, pretty sure it's their cognitive dissonance, and weak vegans like you who justify their defensive bullshit certainly help.

>no I'M not the problem
>it's everyone else.
>yeah, that's it.

Let me remind you of some of your high school history lessons:
The Middle Ages
Hitler's Germany
The Salem Witch Trials

Anyone who studies different cultures, histories, or current events can tell you that the majority of humankind is fucking retarded and easily swayed. Why would it be so surprising that a lot of these people come to Veeky Forums?

false equivalence, please check your inflated victim complex at the door.

lol, stop projecting. It's obvious I don't have a victim complex. I mean I guess you could say I'm a victim of the idiocy of Veeky Forums members because you're wasting my time, but technically I'm a willing victim. Only real victims here are the animals and future generations who are going to have to live with the consequences of people like you not giving a shit about the destruction you cause.

What about "The Middle Ages" indicates "the majority is retarded and easily swayed?"

Or is this just you spouting shit you don't actually know anything about based on your assumptions?

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure religion controlled everything and there was a lot of torture. Religion still controls a lot so it's just one example of how fucked up people are among countless. Culture decides most people's viewpoints. It's unfortunately extremely rare for people to think outside of their own cultural upbringing.

You write like a passive-aggressive bitch. I respect the vegan lifestyle, several of my friends are vegan, and I will cook accordingly when they are over. But you're going about promoting veganism with an obvious superiority complex, so no one's gonna give you honest answers. Grow up.

People who come to Veeky Forums to do "social experiments"
Go back to FACEBOOK

Oh, please. People are defensive no matter what I act like. I always laugh at meat eaters who give me advice on promoting veganism though, as if they'd go vegan either way. They're too weak to go vegan which is why they insult the messenger personally instead of addressing the actual message. You're all the same, eventually you get bored of trying to play politician in a psychological game you can't win, because daily habits are more powerful than any manipulative tactics I could use to try to get people to acknowledge reality. Might as well be blunt. In fact, I've gotten way more people to go vegan by being blunt and honest than I ever did when I tried to sugarcoat everything. So yeah, I'm gonna stick with that method.

Also, don't act like you're not being condescending. Difference between you and me is I'm condescending due to exhaustion from reading the same bullshit comments over and over again used as an excuse to fund animal abuse. You, on the other hand, are being condescending because you think I feel too superior. But hey, at least I don't think I'm so superior to others that I force others into a lifetime of extreme suffering just so I don't have to think about changing my habits.

And don't act like people don't love being condescending and praise condescending people all the time. Now suddenly it's a bad trait when it comes to vegans. Please. You can't gaslight me, I've been vegan too long.

Hello, my special friend. How have you been?

Vegans are a bunch of prissy faggots, I only eat meat that has been seasoned with the tears of animals forced to watch as their parents are hacked into steaks.

also I don't think you understand how this website works and need to fuck off immediately.

....Good..... Do I know you?

Can't tell if you're mocking meat eaters, mocking yourself, or are actually autistic.

I enjoy eating meat too much to ever be any variation of vegetarian or vegan. Morality doesn't really enter into the equation, and nor does health for the most part. Or rather, they do, but they're insignificant factors compared to the prime motivation, which is my own sense of comfort and contentedness.

Perhaps it's a bit of a twisted way to look at things, but one of the major redeeming points of having essentially disconnected yourself from any sort of greater virtue, moral code, or purpose is that you literally don't need to give a shit. If it contributes to my perceived quality of life, it's good, if it doesn't, it's either irrelevant or bad.

tl;dr STEAK GOOD, VEGGIE BAD, LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG

I honestly don't know, I can't tell which level of irony I'm on anymore

Go fuck yourself.

love, every cook at every restaurant youve ever been to.

Well that's good.
Just from past Veeky Forums vegan threads. I'm your lovable foil. I've actually missed you.

We have incisors for a reason. We have a stomach that is capable of breaking down muscle proteins for a reason. I challenge the science behind any study that shows that humans are genuinely better off not consuming a healthy amount of meat. Further, as a chef, it fucking tastes good. Turning away from anything that simply tastes good simply just makes you a terrorist. And part of me hopes you die the terrible death you deserve for trying to rain on this parade.

>not ascending to a more discipline and civil way of human existence in contrast to base animal urges
Rethink your life, swine

You'd be challenging a fuckton of studies.

And if you can't make tasty vegan food then you're a sad excuse for a chef, because vegan food is incredible.

>This will be an experiment
>paired with an antagonistic image
Experiment failed; 0/10.
See me after class.

Literally find one, unbiased, genuinely good, non-anecdotal scientific evidence that humans are better off without meat. Certainly when considering the physical development of a child.

>report submitted
>window closing in 3...

Bruh, there are fat vegans for a reason. Trust me, vegans are more than content with the food they eat. You could be too. IMHO you don't know what food is til you go vegan.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2528709/

>As noted above, a well-planned and carefully followed vegetarian diet can satisfy the nutrient requirements for infants and children, and thus cause no real concern. However, the deleterious effects that these atypical diets can have on infants and children, such as scurvy, rickets and kwashiorkor, are well documented (22). Further, Dagnelie and van Staveren (4) found that infants weaned onto macrobiotic diets were significantly slower in gross motor development, especially locomotion, and to a lesser degree in speech and language development. Moreover, major skin and muscle wasting occurred in 30% of macrobiotic infants.

Straight up go fuck yourself.

Oreos are vegan and so are a lot of overly processed foods.

SUMMARY
Table 1 summarizes current recommendations for children being weaned onto a vegetarian diet (4,27,28). Children consuming atypical diets are not uncommon and are on the rise, as judged by the plethora of information on veganism directed to those caring for children. For example, an Internet search of the terms ‘vegan’ and ‘children’ produced 1,380,000 hits. Without the appropriate monitoring and supplementation, these diets may have deleterious effects on a child’s health outcomes. Nutritional deficiencies, particularly early in life, may adversely affect growth, bone mineral content, and motor and cognitive development. Most significantly, it is important to recognize that although it is the 21st century, children may still die as a consequence of being placed on these atypical diets by their parents without appropriate care and supervision. Because these deleterious affects can be avoided, it is highly recommended that child health practitioners carefully review dietary intake, including all supplements, when interviewing parents who provide these atypical diets (especially during infancy and early childhood) and make the appropriate interventions.

Why deprive myself? It's completely pointless. As a vegan, I could eat good vegan food. As I am now, I can eat good vegan food and then also have a nice post-workout steak, or a bacon sandwich on the weekend, or a quiche, or any number of other dishes which I would not be able to eat.

There's literally no reason for me to make the switch.

I like food

macrobiotic diet =/=vegan.

Non-vegan mother accidentally killed her child through malnourishment: yahoo.com/beauty/mom-says-pressure-breastfeed-led-210245847.html

"Well-planned vegan and other types of vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life-cycle including during pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826028

"Findings of this study show that both vegan and vegetarian diets are
associated with healthy pregnancy outcomes. In fact, our data suggest
that infants born to women who avoid meat during pregnancy may
have lower prevalence of low birth weight. Our findings also highlight
the fact that vegetarian mothers exhibit more desirable breastfeeding
pattern. This is especially true for vegan pregnant and lactating women.
The above-highlighted findings have important implications for physicians
and other healthcare practitioners. Several studies documented some
adverse health impact of ingesting meat during pregnancy. Meat intake
during pregnancy exposes the mother and the fetus to polycyclic
aromatic hydrocarbons associated with fetal growth retardation [9,10].
Furthermore, meat intake during pregnancy is associated with several
adverse health outcomes for infants and children including developing
brain tumors, allergies, rhinoconjuctivitis, and eczema [11-14]. "
academia.edu/download/37767499/2378-5438-1-2-004.pdf

>vegans think they don't use any animal products
>people are actually this retarded

I would never go vegan because I dont want my children to die from nutrient-poor breast milk, nor do I want to raise them on the liquid jew (formula).
Go cry somewhere else faggot. And while youre at it cry over the infants and children who slowly wasted away because their blithe and sanctimonious parents cared more about faceless cows than they did about their own offspring.

Is there a recipe for Vegan McChickens?

I don't think I could live without the best Sandwhich.

>implying you will ever have children
Clock's ticking, honey

Oh Im more than fine.
My fiances birthday was yesterday, made grilled asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and an excellent medium rare ribeye. I wish Id taken a picture now.
Also I love how you dodged the main point: Vegan mothers cannot provide the neccecary nutrients for a growing fetus, nor to a growing breastfeeding infant. And children have died for their stupidity and misplaced superiority.

>I am still a european invader
You wish you were americunt.

Vegans btfo so hard

Wow, bravo OP, you sure know how to make effective bait, even if its thinly disguised as cringe.

Bravo.

1. that's wrong
2. Okay honey, whatever fantasy you want to make up. It's easy to let other people think for you, while you live in your little la la land.

>You thought you'd get away with it, but I'm on to your inverse dunning kurger no true fisherman's friend fallacy!

See: Also, www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/health has a bunch of studies listed. Certainly far from a complete list, but no one here has the attention span for more anyway. Irrelevant though. It's enough that we can survive happily on a vegan diet. But there are definitely added health benefits if you adhere to a healthful vegan diet.

Campbell's The China Study is junk statistics. Most of the data he used implies little (or the opposite) correlation he purported. His conclusions are scientific confirmation bias incarnate.

See: There are countless healthy vegan children. I used to care for the brightest 3 year old I've ever met (and I work in child care so I've met a ton). He's been vegan since conception, and had every children's book in his home memorized to the point you could say "the" instead of "a" and he would correct you. He knows more about botany than I do as an adult, and was already beginning to read. And his parents never even pushed him to learn, they just nurtured his own curiosity.
There are a lot of famous people who have been vegan since a young age, or conception as well. Seba Johnson (Olympian), Nyjah Huston (professional skate boarder), both vegan since conception, and Joaquin Phoenix was vegan since age 3.

A vegan diet is obviously fine for children, but of course there are some idiots within vegan subcultures, not gonna lie, who don't properly educate themselves on nutrition.

As that article states, "It is important to consider that the number of subjects is small in the majority of the negative studies cited above, and long-term consequences were not often discussed."

First study they cited: "Severe nutritional disorders, including kwashiorkor, marasmus, and rickets, were seen in FOUR CHILDREN and were due to parental food faddism, which should perhaps be regarded as a form of child abuse. "

The second study they cited didn't say how many children were studied in the abstract, but it was only in the Netherlands.

Sorry. Try again.

Quorn makes chicken nuggets that are close to chicken nuggets. Morningstar chicken patties are a decent mcchicken substitute.

I don't really care about the philosophical, ethical, or political reasons to choose a plant based diet. I do like that vegan food is generally cheaper and encourages cooking instead of just assembling a sandwich or something. It actually makes you pay attention to what you eat, rather than throwing anything down your maw.

There are tons of great, cheap, and easy vegan dishes that even the laziest and poorest bastard out there could make something palatable.

Some really easy starters are tacos with a fake beef crumble and daiya shreds. Spaghetti and fakeballs. A fucking stir fry. 3 bean 3 alarm diarrhea chili. put some agave on your quinoa for a sweet kick in the balls.
defatted soy flour sloppy joes with a half cup of store brand ketchup and some dry mustard for a tasty dog food substitute.

See:Learn to read the studies your article is citing before you tell people to go fuck themselves, you illiterate imbecile.

you could probably find a type of veganaise that resembles mac sauce if you did a little legwork and modified it a bit.

>meat eaters don't realize the only necessary things listed on that infamously debunked image have vegan alternatives, and that a lot of the things listed are actually usually vegan
>why do I even bother with this level of idiot

Which part is wrong? The part about infants starving to death on vegan breastmilk or the part about improper nutrients in-utero?
Im a medfag, and wrote multiple papers on this back when I thought I wanted to work with babies. I can do this all night. Although this food coma from Tejas de Brazil is kind of hard to work through.
Also, with how fast youre dropping the condescending 'honey's Im guessing you're quite the forever alone, and didnt have the luxury of going out with a SO like myself. Im probably sounding autistic trying to justify myself to a hyper-autismo like yourself though. So I wont. Ill let the sources you didnt bother quoting speak for themselves.

thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/baby-breastfed-by-vegan-mother-dies/

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/000992288602500409

link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01963568

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022347605812399
^vegan and vegetarian breastmilk poor sources of DHA compared to omnivore milk, despite higher lineolic acid

adc.bmj.com/content/77/2/137
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/
^Vegans can take B12 supplements, but the amount of actual bioavailability is piss poor compared to that from food sources

Tofu, seitan, and tempeh are god tier meat substitutes.

basically this. there are a lot of stupid fucking hippies that are vegan and it throws the curve. most vegans eat sensibly and only the vast minority birthed that stereotype of the waifish sunken eyed vegan, too dumb to literally feed himself.

sure thing, dear. Go back to doing up your hair and let the men talk.

See: and
Also lol:
Maybe this is cruel, but I really don't think autists should breed. It's not fair to the children.

I don't even know what a McChicken is but I'm guessing it has a fried patty similar to a Boca chick'n patty. Also assuming it has a bun and mayonnaise, so you just use Just Mayo or Vegenaise or one of the many vegan mayos, get some milk and egg free buns (pretty easy to find generally), and top with whatever they top with I guess.

>dosent read or post sources
>M-M-M-MEAT EATERS B-BTFO...

I can't do the texture of tempeh. I've had some great results with seitan copying that black metal vegan guy on youtube. Not huge on tofu but I like a banh mi once in awhile.

Made some gobi manchurian today and it turned out fucking ace. Gonna make some ratatouille tomorrow and I got pizza ingredients to make a few during the week.

Oh yeah, what blog did you read that from?

Seitan is my favorite of the three because I am not a fan of soft tofu and tempeh is only good with the proper spices. All three are very versatile though.

The same blogs youre getting your sources from, probably...
OP literally posted a tumblr blog.

vegan trigger warning:

deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

What Seitan stuff you make? It'd be cool to get new ideas.

Gotta correct you. I don't think Quorn's chick'n nuggets are vegan. Although I know they are coming out with more vegan options (they're marked in big letters as being vegan). Also Morningstar chick'n patties I'm pretty sure aren't vegan either. Most of their stuff is just vegetarian, except their riblets and chick'n strips which are pretty bomb.

Boca makes vegan chick'n patties though. And they're delicious.

Also I can easily throw anything down my maw. I'm a pro at finding vegan junk food. There's a lot of it. And tons of vegan convenience foods. I don't even really see non-vegan food in grocery stores anymore. Occasionally I'll see something I haven't checked the ingredients for yet, and I'll react disgusted that it has animal products, but other than that, I just throw stuff in my cart, toss it in the microwave or eat it straight out of the container. Cooking is fun too though but I had to rely on convenience foods a lot when I was living with meat eaters (just moved out), so I definitely learned how to find things I could just toss in my maw.

Just finished reading your post and realized you're attempting to mock veganism. What a waste of my time. I actually started to respond..... Ugh.

Forgot to add that Vitamin A, also essential for infant growth, is also higjly difficult to achieve high enough levels in through non-meat based sources. Vegans have to eat something like 6x the normal amount that an omnivore would of plant based Vitamin A rich foods because it must be converted in order for it to be bioavailable

I've made tandoori, grilled BBQ, and seitan chow fun in most recent memory.

yeah my bad quorn uses egg whites as a binder.

Not mocking veganism m8. just bantz. What's your go to vegan junk food? Mine is pringles, sour patch kids, and blood orange italian soda.

Beeing vegan is redpilled af.
I'm a vegetarian for about 4 years now and I eat about 40% vegan which seems to be the sweet spot for me.

meat eaters aren't trying to peddle some new age bullshit while sporting one of the most massive superiority complexes known to man you fucking imbecile

Oh fuck it, Ill throw this one out too. Not scholarly, but well researched.
chriskresser.com/why-you-should-think-twice-about-vegetarian-and-vegan-diets/

>cites "the healthy home economist" as a source.

Welp, thanks for saving me from reading anything you said.

Also vegans can easily supplement DHA, and B12 is also easy to get. I don't even try to get B12 in my diet and my levels are always really high. (I eat supplemented food sometimes, so that's why I guess.)

It is good to eat it with food, but that's something a doctor could tell a vegan mother. There are obviously nutritional concerns during pregnancy regardless of whether you're vegan or omnivorous. Omnivores definitely have their share of deficiencies too, don't pretend they don't. ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/

(Also was just kidding about not reading the other links. They look like they might potentially have points, but I don't feel pressed to look at them given that you decided to source the other one as if it's reliable or relevant. And I already read the last two in the past, possibly read the other ones, but it's nearly 1 am right now and I'm just not going to read it right now.)

Nice. Any tips or recipes for those you wouldn't mind linking? I've never made any of those but it'd be fun to try.

then you're not vegan because muh animals you're vegan because you're an asshole who wants to be better than other people