What's the best street meat by you?

What's the best street meat by you?

Pic Related: Halal Guys by 30 Rock almost makes me forgive them for ISIS.

Cuck

I'd rather have Tacos Al Pastor.

I like Mexican spices more than Middle Eastern stuff.

that looks good but that doesn't excuse you for being a massive faggot

But I said 'almost'

I don't disagree. I used to have a dank taco truck back where I used to live, but sadly we don't have anything like that in NYC.

It's salad, bread, rice, a fucking meatball, and some lamb? The only thing that makes it special is the spices that anyone who isn't a picky fucker can put together.

>a fucking meatball

Wrong.

I assumed it was Iranian?

it looks like falafel. which dries your throat to a desert if you dont have enough yogurt

Nah. Egyptian.

Sounds like you're eating some terrible falafel.

Are you making your own falafel? And if so, are you sure you are using enough fat?

It is very late here and I'm not sure if I can even help, just bringing up potential issues.

Fun fact, Tacos Al Pastor was invented by Lebanese immigrants in Mexico

The best street meat can be found in Pattaya.

There are many regions in the Middle East that have their own way of making falafel. But for me, falafel is supposed to be moist. There are places where I live that shape the mixture into a ball and deep fry it to order and it makes the softest most delicious falafel. Some places will make their falafel in advance and just leave them sitting out for hours and warm them up to order so of course that will be dry and not the best to eat.

>Some places will make their falafel in advance and just leave them sitting out for hours and warm them

This is pretty common in the States. I used to work at Whole Foods (who the fuck goes to Whole Foods for Falafel?) and we used to make it in the morning and microwave it when customers ordered it. Any time a customer asked how it was, I just toId them point blank not very good. It was like serving cat food.

That IS fun!

>Some places will make their falafel in advance and just leave them sitting out for hours and warm them

This is pretty common in the States. I used to work at Whole Foods (who the fuck goes to Whole Foods for Falafel?) and we used to make it in the morning and microwave it when customers ordered it. Any time a customer asked how it was, I just toId them point blank not very good. It was like serving cat food.

even moist falafel. the ingredients are all very bitter and earthen, which yogurt complements completely. it has nothing or little to do with the preparation itself. youd have to be eating it in salad form like a quinoa salad to undo that truth. fried falafel just needs yogurt, period. its a miserable food without it

Last time I visited NYC I tried their hot sauce and despite being able to eat relatively spicy food I ended up half naked screaming in pain in the middle of Manhattan.

Shit was cray

We don't have any street vendors around here but the closest we have are some really good taco shops.

their hot sauce is no joke. tourists come in thinking it's some texas pete or some kinda bullshit and get fucking demolished by it. hilarious every fucking time

What is it made of? It's fucking ridiculous
Once I chewed on some fresh yellow habanero and it wasn't nearly as bad.

24 Small Dry China Red Chiles, Soaked in Boiling Water, Drained and Seeded
6 Tbsp Reserved Water from Soaking Chiles
6 clove Garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Vinegar
2 tsp Ground Caraway
2 tsp Ground Coriander
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Salt

various people speculate the secret ingredients are probably a mix of birds eye chili peppers and harissa. internet research and copious first hand tastings have me willing to believe this to be true.

>seeded

Pussy shit, then?

i'm guessing you saw that video from some dude who basically made a batch in his home kitchen? because that's probably wrong. china red (tsin tsin) chiles are 50k-75k scovilles and the cart sauce is around 100k-130k

Reminder that the heat in peppers comes not from the seeds, but the white membrane that surrounds them.

Did I just learn something on Veeky Forums?

nah

I tried the falafel at Whole Foods once because I was curious. Absolute shit. I knew it would be shit the moment I saw them. They had them as an item in the hot bar buffet and they looked like they had been sitting there for hours, dry as fuck. Whole Foods in general is pretty shit honestly there are far better chains like choices markets where I live.

Podrão. Hot dog with a tomato+onion+bell pepper sauce (you could probably put in pasta), corn, cabbage, ketchup, mustard, mayo and potato purée in a bun that is like a baguette about the size of a hot dog bun.

It's great. Sometimes the bun is toasted, too.

>hot bar buffet and they looked like they had been sitting there for hours, dry as fuck.

As a former hot bar employee at Whole Foods, I can assure you this is true of every single item on the hot bar at whole foods. Items get restocked as needed, but if something isn't selling it gets changed once per shift. Plus, they use only 'organinc' cleaning supplies (ie peppermint oil and other ineffective crap to deal with bugs) so most of the food is fucking filthy. Plus you got kids and old people sticking their hands in it. It's disgusting. Never eat anything off the hot bar.

>They open up another vendor site on 14th street
>Then it turns into a fucking sit down restaurant with smaller portions and higher prices

By Halal Guys

Halal is stone age barbarism

They did the same thing in Philly...it sucks, any random lunch cart is better than there.

Hey OP I think you forgot the picture, the one you posted is vomit.

>Halal Guys by 30 Rock
It must just be the original that's good because the two I've tried over in DFW are generic greasy middle eastern joints.

To answer your question, there's a lady who runs a taco shop (no english as an FYI) out of a truck in front of a gay strip club called hardbodies in San Antonio that's A+. Super cheap and really good. She opens around 10 PM usually to feed the drunks, I don't know her name. Everyone just calls her taco lady.

>It's salad, bread, rice, a fucking meatball, and some lamb?

Are you asking me? I don't know what the fuck it is, I just said it looks good.