Holiday in amsterdam

What do I eat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1SwlqFc8RHA
decompagnon.nl/en/restaurant/menu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Weed and a bullet.

Weed bullet.

There's some good Warungs for Surinam and Indonesian food, usually not expensive.

Also, I have never met anyone who didn't like stroopwafels. Get a big one fresh from the market, still warm and runny. That's the best.

Herring & stroopwafels.

Ass

Also, I've heard that Roopram Roti on the Eerste van Swindenstraat 4 has (some of the) best Roti in town. I've never been there but a friend of mine is a big fan. It looks more like a canteen than a restaurant apparently.

If that kind of cuisine isn't your thing, there are a lot of serviceable restaurants/café's who serve unremarkable but okay food for only a little too much money.

Traditional Dutch cuisine is meh.

Shrooms

Get stoned out of your mind and ram a few of those FEBO burger lads into your mouth

Thanks man got any particular restaurant in mind

Onigiri Ya! Has the best snack in town, i went there every day between lunch and dinner

All the cheese

poffertjes

As a Dutchman, I won't try to refute your point, because typical Dutch cuisine is andijvie or boerenkool stamppot, or carrots and onion stamppot, zuurkool, red beets with apple, or witlof, which can indeed be bland, and not really interesting for tourists.
It's more of a labour food and filling, but if you grew up with it, it's delicous.

Indeed, if Indonesian/Malaysian food is your thing, try our toko's! We're the only country outside of SEA were that culture and cuisine has settled as practically native, due to our colonial past. Most Dutchies know how to cook things like nasi goreng.
Surinamese (which is largely derived from Hindustani food) too, spicy roti is delicious.

Have fun OP!

This place is a must if you like seafood.

How much is an average prostitue?

Are the prostitutes in Amsterdam uppity cunts?

Grab a fresh, warm stroopwaffel

good place to stop for a snack of fries. lots of toppings available

Get a chili chicken, the best fast food sandwich

Everybody raves about the McKrocket but I didn't think it that great

This picture reminds me of a movie.
Same kind of corner, there was an ice pick in the ice.

Go to a snackbar and try some stuff out. At least have some type of kroket and some type of frikandel (I'd suggest frikandel speciaal)

Mussels.
youtu.be/1SwlqFc8RHA

Herring with onions, or a lekkerbek are good. If you can find them, mussels are also fantastic.

Anything Indonesian is also good, there should be plenty of choice. A while ago I went to this thai placed called The Bird which was cheap enough and pretty good, there was a line though.

If you can find a pastry stand try oliebollen or stroopwafels.

If you want a good beer you could look up either Brouwerij T'ij or Brouwere de Prael. They both have a decent selection of beers on tap, although I've never been to T'ij.

Last try the snackbars. Definitly try a kroket. I'm not sure why FEBO is being hyped because it's bottom of the barrel. If you get chips get some peanut sauce with them.

Try to avoid tourist traps like those nutella stores, Argentinian steakhouses and anything that looks similar. They're a plague on the city.

Dutch food is honestly the worst on the planet. I've lived in this shit hole for uni for the past 3 years and am somehow still surprised at the absolutely disgusting shit people eat here.

Pic related, typical Dutch specialty: french fries with diarrhea

>not liking patatje oorlog

cuck

Your countries specialties are all variations of deep fried gray sludge and french fries with gross sauces on them. Your supermarkets dont eve have butchers and all you can buy is shitty lean garbage that tastes awful.

I hate this fucking place. Worst mistake of my life coming here. Can't wait to graduate and gtfo

Cannabis infused stroopwafels. If they don't have that in Amsterdam, they absolutely should.

>it looks like poo!
positive discrimination university entrance was a mistake

The Dutch like to smoke spliffs and do the occasional bong hit and that's pretty much it. Actually, the dutch in general don't like smoking. It's mostly tourists which makes it really bizarre that they don't offer much more than just buying weed straight up.

99% of the "cannabis infused" products are cons, I've never seen edibles in the 15+ coffee shops I've been to, never seen wax and only 1 place I've been to had vaporizers for people to use.

Real strange

I'd say it was a mistake for you since you're paying about 6500 euros worth of my tuition every year

Between 30 to 60 for half an hour.

Nowadays more of them are Eastern Europeans but most of them are ftiendly girls.

It's an okay breadfast sandwich.

This guy knows what's up.

This. The average Dutchie tried it, and isn't smoker.
Most of the smokers never actually go into the weed infused crap brcause we don't have lolweedlmao culture. We do have a weed culture, but it's not a dreadlocks-100 bongs-etc American-way of life.

Herring, they serve it from stands like hotdogs.
And Truffles are pretty fun, find the strongest they have and buy two servings then munch them down on an empty stomach and listen to music.

I've taken truffles 20 times but am 100% sure I wouldn't physically be able to eat 30 grams worth of truffles. They are nauseatingly disgusting. That sour gross aftertaste is awful

Kroket you dense nigga

They taste awful, but it's no big problem if you have something to wash them down with.

Why would you take that much as a tourist though? I dont think the average person could take that strong of a trip. First time I took them, it was a 10 gram pack of pretty weak ones and it was still mind blowingly incredible

They aren't strong at all, one serving is fun but lacking if you ask me. Two is just right.

Most city councils keep edibles from being legally sold in the coffeeshops.

Protip coat them with chocolate, or just buy 2cb/acid

decompagnon.nl/en/restaurant/menu/
This is one of the better restaurants in Amsterdam.

Not dutch, don't care if you slag off at the cuisine
just saying that "looks like poo haha" is mouthbreather criticism

cock

I went to one of those FEBOs but went up to the counter and got this big meatball in a bread roll with mayo and onion. I don't even like mayo and onion and it was delicious. I realise it's simply meatball mayo and onion but is there a name for this?

You mean something like pic related but with onions and mayo?

Broodje gehaktbal (Meatball Sandwich). Or simply Broodje Bal ('Ball Sandwich). With mayonnaise it's usually called a Broodje Bal Met ('Ball Sandwich With).
Usually you'd say "met mayo[nnaise]" (with mayo[nnaise]) but just saying "met" (with) automatically means "with mayo".
Same for getting fries, Patatje Met (Fries With) just means fries with mayo. It stems from the fact that mayo is the basic sauce for snackbar foods, so eventually people stopped bothering with saying "mayo" because if you said "with" it'd followed with "mayo".
Obviously if you dont want mayo you do have to say "with X", but just "with" equals mayo.