How do you like your potato salad, Veeky Forums?

How do you like your potato salad, Veeky Forums?

It's almost potato salad weather, that's why I'm asking.

in my mouth

German

With chopped boiled eggs on it

L-lewd

exactly how else does one do potato salad?

Without eggs?

There's a shitty deli near me that sells potato salad. Buddy of mine was sold on it and insisted I try it. It was literally potatoes and mayo. I don't think they even seasoned it.

I love potatoes, I love most salads, yet I hate potato salad. What gives?

Mmm, I got a "salad" you can put in your mouth.

In the trash.

Sour cream Redskin potato salad.

Red potatoes, whole, gently simmered so they don't fall apart. Peeled and halved. One piece should be a mouth full, I want big fluffy hunks. While they're still piping hot, marinate well with a mixture of vinegar, salt, and a bit of sugar. Then into the fridge so it can soak right to the core.

The next day dress with mayo and chopped celery, onion, hard boiled eggs, and dill pickles.

a warm dill potato salad is goat

Hot German-style potato salad FTW.
Not only delicious, but perfect for bbqs and other outdoor events, since it won't spoil quickly. It's a staple at every one of our family reunions.

White potatoes
Eggs (about 1:1 w potatoes)
Best Foods mayonnaise
Salt
Green onions
Dill weed
A little mustard
A little pickle relish

That, boys, is the best potato salad ever. You are welcome.

Pretty close to this, but using a bit of apple cider vinegar and drop the pickles for some pickle juice. Also I use very thinly sliced bulb radish, it adds a little more crunch and a lot of flavour, and I use green onions instead of white, or fresh chives if they're in season.

Potato salad I made earlier today.
Fluffy potatoes wait till theyre cold then add spring onions, mayo and pepper. topped with sliced chilli and a bit of ceyenne as I like random pinchs of spice.
I prefer fluffy potatoes as they break up a little and make the mayo a little thicker / help everything come together. Thats just me tho.

garnish with hideous instagram filter

Same. All other forms are inferior, but still delicious.

god damn that filter really is distracting. also I don't like jalepnos in my potato salad

shit that sounds delicious

I hate potato salad because I hate potatoes.

Preferably warm, and with a broth, instead of cold with mayo.

Tater' salad

6-8 Red / white taters
3-4 pieces of bacon, chopped
1 cup chopped onion
parsley or scallion to garnish
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp black pepper
salt to taste
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tbsp safflower oil
1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Prep: Boil taters', and peel, then cool and slice thin, or chop while still hot. Hot taters don't slice very well, though. Bring pan up to temp, add bacon and render fat. When bacon is brown but not crisp, add onion and cook until they have a light brown tinge. Deglaze with beef broth, and pepper, mustard, vinegar, stir, and bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer. When taters are prepped, place them in a bowl, strain out the bacon and onions and add to the taters, add the oil to the taters and mix, then start slowly adding the remaining broth, while mixing, until you get the consistency you want. They should be moist from the broth, but not soupy. Check for seasoning and add salt as needed. Garnish with parsley or green onion. Serve warm, though it's good right out of the fridge, too.

Why are you fucktards...
A) peeling potatoes after you cook them?
B) peeling red potatoes at all?

It is easier to take off the skin after boiling potatoes, plus you can eat the skins too.

What are potatoes?

Do you morons not have vegetable peelers? If you want to eat the skins then leave them on the fucking potato.

The kind in OP looks nice. I like most potato salads except for the sweet tasting stuff that uses Miracle whip or some kind of dressing instead of mayo.

I don't want any goddamn papery skins interrupting the perfect nebulous flesh, but it's a protective jacket during cooking.

Ah yes. The baked potato a la mayo. Wa la

Boil potato's untill soft, but not enough for them to fall apart. Better to use smaller potatoes. Peal while still warm, should be pretty easy. Slice them, don't make em too thick but they shouldnt break. Make a dressing with mayo, some plain yogurt and pickle juice with a 2:2:1 ratio, lighter on the pickle juice if you prefer. Pepper, salt. Finely chopped pickles, onion, and red apple. The apple sound a bit wierd but trust me, it adds a nice sweetness and added texture. Refrigerate overnight to absorb the flavor. Serve cold. This shit is German engineering at it's finest

And don't mix eggs in potato salad. Hard boiled eggs are fuckin nasty anyway. But if you really like them just cut them up and place them on top to the yolk and white don't separate and whoever wants can grab an egg.

Kek

Don't quite remember how he did it, but my Granddad made it with red onions and maybe red cabbage (can't remember). Added some very nice taste.

WITHOUT FUCKING
PICKLES
OR
RELISH
WHY CAN'T YOU EVER MAKE IT WITHOUT GRANDMA? I LIKE IT OTHERWISE

No mayo, no onions.

Ice cold potats with regular and spring onions. I keep it simple

Make it with Kewpie mayo and red bliss/red onions.

not much to add besides that I like to add drained canned peas to it