Doufeu

youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6NZPk-4jE

Why do Americans say "dutch oven" when what they actually mean is a casserole dish, which was invented by France?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-a-dutch-oven-and-a-french-oven-word-of-mouth-218572
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Those things suck. My mom used to hav one and constantly blabbed about how versatile it was until finally one day i took the thing and carried into the woods and left it there

To this day she asks if we have seen it and just cant believe she cant find it

Wikipedia explains this in literally the second paragraph.

You're not actually looking for an answer, though.

FYI, usually "dutch oven" refers to bare cast iron and enameled cast iron is "french oven"

>wikipedia

thanks for trying though

Dutch oven is when you pull your girlfriend's head under the blankets and rip a fat one then force her to smell it.

because americans are legitimately retarded

*yawn* you all should seek help for your obsession. It's unnatural.

>french oven
I've never heard anyone use this term in my life.

Captain Obsession strikes again, thank you for patrolling Veeky Forums 24/7 to make sure the mean europoors don't slander us, what ever would we do without you
Sorry about your upbringing
thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-a-dutch-oven-and-a-french-oven-word-of-mouth-218572

The same reason they call a main an entrée, they are idiots who butcher every language.

>entrée
but surely that's the starter? it's the starter in France? Why would any nation fuck up that comprehensively with referring to the main course, which comes after the entree

Le Creuset is the largest retailer of enameled dutch ovens in North America. Think about that for a moment.
If that's what they're going to call them, that's what I'm going to call them. I didn't buy a French oven, I bought a DUTCH oven.

no fooking way
is that poor bait
or real

You should do what makes you happy, after all

In the south a Dutch oven is a cast iron pot with legs and a lid that has a raised edge in order to put coals from the fire on the top.

there are no daily shitposts like "do Belgians really do X," "does the UK really eat Y," etc. It is an obsession. And yes Europe, the U.K., and Canada are an after thought for most Americans. In fact, the only time I think about Canada is when I get a stray penny. If it weren't for shitposting Australia would have nothing. They're all like little children throwing a temper tantrum because daddy won't pay attention to them. Extra patheticness: they think it's funny.

Pretty sure that's a dutch oven.. everywhere.

How do you know it's an Australian? It could be a Singaporian for all you know.

The only time Singapore is thought of is when one orders rice noodles.

I've been to Singapore. "Singapore noodles" is not a thing there. I bet you think Crab Rangoon is a popular dish in Myanmar

Apparently not otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's a dutch oven, but a dutch oven with features optimized for camping (or at least open-fire cooking)
Legs wouldn't be very conducive to cooking on a stove.

We call it a Dutch oven because of the Pennsylvania Dutch, AKA, Amish. "Large cast iron casserole that is either hung over or if it has legs placed in a fire." FWIW, Julia calls it a 'casserole.' At any rate, they're synonyms and this thread is a troll thread of no value. Tendies, McChicken, is this /our guy/?... Etc.

Wow you are a real cunt.

Because these are called casserole dishes.

>why do people in a different country call this thing something other than what I call it

>that """breakfast"""

What the fuck.

That's a casserole in french

forgot picture