Help me Veeky Forums

help me Veeky Forums

I've been thinking about buying a charcoal grill, pic related.

I'll mainly be using it to make grilled chicken breasts, smoke beer can chicken, and make atomic buffalo turds or bacon wrapped chicken and things like that. Also, some kebabs and occasionally grill some veggies or steaks. Smoke chicken wings too. Maybe smoke a turkey one year and chicken and pork butts or shoulders and i'll try some ribs one day too.

I live alone and it's just me in a single level apartment with no porch or balcony, so i'll probably keep it inside when not in use because theft.

Should I buy pic related and get the smokenator or something similar? I'm pretty much sold on it but can't help but feel like i'm missing out on something else. This will be my first grill purchase.

Share your experiences and wisdom, Veeky Forums.

Weber Mastertouch or the original premium model?

Will beer can chicken fit on the top grate (not the warmer) with the lid closed? How many could I fit at once? I think 2 will, but I love that shit and can eat 2 in one day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4BCF8-Odc
amazon.com/Weber-10020-Smokey-14-Inch-Portable/dp/B00004RALL/ref=sr_1_10?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1491775810&sr=1-10&keywords=charcoal grill
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are smoke chicken wings? Are they like 1 large fry? Why can't americans speak English?

Just get a standard Weber.
They have improved the design so they are more portable and can even be used indoors.

>I herped
>and I derped
> and I fuckin went full retard

Honestly though, I thought it was interesting and worth a shot one day. The flavor could be wonderful.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4BCF8-Odc

I never post, but I like you.
Go for a smaller grill, I posted a link below. The grill you posted is way too big for one person eating. It will also require a bit more coals to coat the bottom.

The one I posted is perfectly sized and has plenty of space for cooking, without being ridiculous. Mine has lasted me over two years and has seen lots of use. Its also easy to handle and store. Easy enough to bring to someone elses house or for a campout.

Id also recommend a chimney, it helps the charcoal start up much faster.

Ive been grilling for 2-3 years now, on a frequent basis. Feel free to ask [reasonable] questions. Also, you'll find good prices on grills/charcoal/chimney at home depot.

amazon.com/Weber-10020-Smokey-14-Inch-Portable/dp/B00004RALL/ref=sr_1_10?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1491775810&sr=1-10&keywords=charcoal grill

Yeah, but I eat a fuck-ton of food, upwards of $150/week, and no I'm not a fatass, actually a 5'5" manlet. I have an insane metabolism. I really enjoy cooking and eating, obviously, and want to branch into grilling because of fond memories of smoked beer can chicken.

I make a lot of food in advance for the week over the weekend and freeze it. Plus I want to make lots of smoked beer can chicken and will probably make it for months on end when I get a grill before I get sick of it.

I had planned to get the chimney eventually. The local Lowe's has Weber's on sale, ill have to go compare sizes and prices but from all the videos I've seen, either the premium original kettle or the master touch appeal to me the most, but I can't make a decision.

Thanks for posting and your opinion though.

Propane is superior

king of the hill plz go

Weber kettle is a solid choice for a charcoal grill. Get the model that has hinges on the cooking grate. Makes it a lot easier when doing longer cooks. Get the 22" if you on occasion cook for more than 2 people.

its ok to be fat. theres no need to lie to complete strangers about it.

>disgusting sooty bag or charcoal
>takes ages to get ready
>very little heat control
>constantly have to buy new charcoal
>tons of shitty dusty residue
>hot dog still tastes the same as cooking with propane
Yeah I'll pass

>t. someone who has never actually used charcoal to cook

I've tried both and propane is superior. Charcoal burns the meat in a way that ruins it, whilst propane grills it the right way, with the black stuff not being charcoal residue.

No, instead you get propane residue, man made chemicals where charcoal is natural.

>propane residue
lmao

>man made chemicals

Propane and charcoal are both organic.

Uh, propane comes in canisters...
It's man made.

you're trying too hard

no fat, and you're right, no need to lie

Buy one of them on craigslist, you can get them as cheap as $30 make sure it has the grates and one touch cleaning blades inside. If it isn't a model with the catch can underneath make sure it comes with the pan at least.

Get a chimney starter for sure.

You don't need any special equipment to smoke in a weber kettle. At most you could get a couple fire bricks to separate the charcoal from a drip pan. The rest is managing how much charcoal you use/light and opening/closing the apertures to restrict air flow.

Forgot to mention that you ought to get a galvanized steel bucket for spent ashes.

You might also want a container for charcoal, even if you leave the charcoal in the bag you get it in.

Forgot to attach a pic of smoking in a 22" weber.

actually I've probably cooked more with charcoal, for home grilling propane is just much easier to deal with and you have more control over the temp

>put charcoal in grill
>light it
>cook food
Woooooow so hard

>make trip to store for bag of charcoal
>clean out previous charcoal residue
>dig out a match or use a special lighter to light it
>make sure not to die from fumes
>wait 20 minutes
>half your grill is 900 degrees the other half is 90
>cook food
>don't die from fumes
>eat carbon encrusted food
>damn out of charcoal again

Might as well cook on the stove.

>>clean out previous charcoal residue
what the fuck are you doing?

>make trip to store for bag of charcoal
Which is somehow more difficult than having to get a propane tank filled?
>clean out previous charcoal residue
Retard
>dig out a match or use a special lighter to light it
Which isn't hard
>make sure not to die from fumes
Which isn't hard
>wait 20 minutes
More like 5-10
>half your grill is 900 degrees the other half is 90
Retard
>eat carbon encrusted food
Do you think your charred well done propane tendies aren't encrusted in carbon?
>damn out of charcoal again
A bag of charcoal lasts me several weeks

this post gave me autism