Americans

do americans really boil water in the microwave?

Depends on what we need it for.
Electric kettles arent very common because 120v doesnt make them very efficient

Yep

Why?

How obsessed are you?

You know we don't, stop shitting up this board.

I do it for instant coffee sometimes

for a single cup of tea or similar, sure.

Otherwise no.

as the first poster mentioned, 120v electricity does not allow for any good electric kettles.

why do americans use an inferior electric system? the rest of the world uses 230-250v for a reason.

*****VERY*****

don't lie

>why do americans use an inferior electric system
Residential power is 110-120v, for large appliances (oven, washer/dryer, etc) a 220-240v line is used.

Certain industrial applications use 480v

if you have 220-240v feeding into the house why don't you buy a real kettle and plug it in?

why bother with 120v at all if 240v is feeding into the house?

do americans really do this?

No.

Because the 220-240v lines are installed generally directly behind the appliance they are powering. So a normal kitchen will generally have one maybe 2 240v outlets for an oven, usually placed directly behind the oven and inaccessible for normal use.

its literally the most efficient way as microwaves directly activate excited vibrational energy states in the water

europoors dont understand this though cause they are

FUCKING

RETARED

AND

OBSESSED

Americans: do americans really americans america american america america americans really american? americaaaaa!!!!

every single power point in my house is 220-240v, even the ones behind the oven and refrigerator.

even 3rd world countries like vietnam and indonesia use 220-240v, but fat americans have to use retarded systems instead of just installing 220-240v everywhere

i can't believe americans really do this

Why do you need 240v at every outlet when the majority of things use lass than 100w? Especially now days when everything is stepped down to 5v dc, 240v makes no sense.

A kettle on the electric or gas range does the job just as well. How fucking tea-dicted are you fuckers of you can't wait an extra 30 seconds for water to boil?

why are you assuming i'm a europoor? this is the classic mistake ameritards make all the time. they think the only place outside of america that hangs shit on them in europe

it really makes me lol

>using inefficient electrical systems is better

It's done to save time user not for efficiency.

it makes sense to have a single standard and stick with it.

americans can't do this, just take a look at your shitty imperial measurements and then you have a requirement to learn metric as well. why not just have a single system and stick with it?

why would you bother with inferior NTSC TV when everyone else in the world uses PAL? (Japan not counted, they are not even human).

>they can't afford thick copper wiring

It's pretty fucking easy as an North American to tell when somebody is European, Even over the tinternets. I can smell your poorness through my 47'' monitors.

i'm not european, fatty.

>pal
>superior
>implying 50hz monitors and tvs are good

Retards that don't understand math and electronics.

You realize that the obesity rate in Australia is approaching the levels of America, Right? Everything is so expensive and cucked in that shithole that you might as well be European.

Disgusting

go back to making mcchicken threads, fatarse

Fuck you

In my experience it works fine. I'm American born and raised and I have an electric kettle. I use it for tea and kratom all the time. Boils in about 4 minutes, looks like pic related.

I grew up very poor, became middle class, then upper middle class and now in the "1 percent".....only poor trash microwave to boil water in my experience

>4 minutes

>Boils in about 4 minutes
Yeahhhh... Kettles in the UK can boil 3-4 cups in under a minute.

I don't understand why you need to boil if that fast?

the majority of america is poor trash, they are the 99%

i'm glad you aren't like them

tea time nigga

You can't even wait 5 minutes for tea? Jesus Christ bongs.

>i'm glad you aren't like them

i was for roughly my first 20-25 years, I understand them different then most folk would

t. Knows nothing about electricity

well now you know why americans use microwaves
the other reason being that american water sucks dick and a kettle will get gnarly mineral buildup if you don't wash it after every use

Look at their teeth. The shits like meth for them.

than*

how can you call yourself in the 1% if you can't tell the difference between 'then' and 'than'?

do americans really do this?

How's that 60 amp service treating you? That's what most out RV's run off of.

I corrected it after I posted I make 234k/yr, so I think that put's me in the top 1% ....or pretty close

Actually, from the google machines, looks like im in the top 4%

You're top 5%. Top 1% is 400k+, Hell top 2% doesnt start until about $300k

i don't really care about your salary, fatty

Thanks for the Jelly neetcuck

For me it is the McChicken®, the best fast food sandwich

>my water boils faster than yours! Haha I win!

Ok Abdul.

Look mcdickheads here's how you get water to boil faster.
Go to your electrical panel, and find the circuit hat you're going to be plugging the electric kettle into. Take the breaker out and replace it with a 40 amp one, or the biggest one you can find. Power = amperage x voltage.
Then locate all of the other outlets on the circuit and make sure they've got something plugged in and drawing power. Lamps, fans, power tools, ac units, toaster ovens, hair dryers, whatever you've got. The more you're drawing through the circuit, the better your throughput.
Then go ahead and boil your water. Everything should heat up very quickly.

shut up seppo
go and get a 4th job so you can afford a passport

>Everything should heat up very quickly.

kek

>afford a passport
>the most you can pay for a passport in America is 200USD
>third world yurocuck so poor he thinks that's a lot of money
Can't stop laughing lol, thank you abdul

I'm not a europoor, fatty. Scroll up.

your country is a colony of retards who were literally too fat and gay for europe. there's a reason they shipped you all to a big worthless desert.

correct

>elite navy '""'goat"""" got beaten by corn farmers
kek

>using a microwave
>have to deal with a hot mug
>unpleasant electric buzz

OR

>using a kettle
>more easily boil more water
>less fiddling
>calming simmer that reminds you of parents brewing tea

>microwave
Its called the science box!

>friend is coming over for tea in 3 minutes
>no water is boiled yet
>FUCK
>plug in electric kettle
>Oh shit not enough voltage
>Takes FIVE WHOLE MINUTES to boil
>start considering suicide
>knock on the door
>it's my friend
>hastily start pouring water and hope he doesn't notice
>he takes a sip
>spits it out
>"What the fuck bro this water took two extra minutes to boil"
>I start to make excuses but he sees right through them

FUCK AMERICA

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

i'm not a europoor, fatty

what's the huge deal with electric kettle over a regular stovetop kettle? i use one of those and my water is boiling in about as much time as it takes to pack the tea into the infuser

how do they make 2 minute noodle desu?

Kek

convenience our electric kettle is always full and it is set up ready to be used. stove kettles need to be filled and put on the stove unless you leave it out but then it takes up stove space.
my family use the kettle about 5 times a day so its good to ave a separate spot for it.

they are called 5 minute noodles in america

fair enough, makes sense if you're making it for more people or more often, i just make maybe one cup for myself a day. similar to having a rice cooker if you eat lots of rice or something

We invented electricity before everyone else so we got to make all the mistakes for everyone else to learn from. You're welcome.

yeah but you didn't have to stick with the mistakes, you could have learned from them and moved on as quickly as possible

OBSESSED
B
S
EMU'S BEAT YOU IN A FUCKING WAR
S
S
E
D

DELETE THIS MATE

Nobody cares

see

For me it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich

No (((you))) Didn't, you salty Eurogod obsessed frantic fanboy

I'm pretty sure you can boil it faster on the stove as long as you're not using pots from Walmart.

They don't have electric kettles, so yeah.

They shouldn't. It really kills the taste.

America is the size of Europe. So there is an American doing pretty much anything.

>It really kills the taste.

of water...?

Yeah, americans often buy bottled water because their tap water is 3rd world tier.

This is one of the many things that makes America a 3rd world country.

Sure. It's a delicacy know as "cancer waer"

American tap water is usually top tier, except in a small handful of places like Flint.

It's actually Europeans who refuse to drink their own tap water.

Really? Must suck too be European then

>name dropping kratom

>using kratom

i don't know how fucked up your life has to have been to actually think that kratom is a drug worth doing more than once.

I don't know why you wouldn't do it all the time.

>cheap
>easy to take discretely
>gets you high for hours
>you can go to work or school high and no one will noticed and your work won't suffer for it
>withdrawal effects on par with coffee
>negligible side effects

I get my hot water from the same place as the rest of the non retarded Americans, the hot water faucet. Are yuropoors so poor they don't have running hot water?

kek and lel

For making tea or instant oatmeal, yes. It's faster, easier, and there's less to wash

>PAL is superior
What the fuck?

I've never used one but why? How is it different from a coffee maker or clothes iron?

120v kettle takes 4-5 minutes to bring water to boil. European 240v kettles can bring water to boil in 45-90 seconds.

The government now frogposts in an attempt to get people to drink their 5% bleach water solution?

I really don't want to live in this world any more.

I use my electric kettle about 4 times a day, it has a permanent place on my kitchen bench.

You may as well just stick a kettle on the stove for how long it takes on 120v

It's like 3 minutes max on a good quality 120v kettle on a 20 amp circuit. 240v kettles have a 5 amp fuse in the plug meaning they're only pulling 1200w max.

You guys don't got much so ill give you props on your fast water boiling skills. You sure got us.

I'm not sure, I'm not a europoor

If all I need is a cup or so, sure. Mostly I just do it to clean the microwave.

>240v kettles have a 5 amp fuse in the plug meaning they're only pulling 1200w max.
are you retarded?
>3000w