Wine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxipEj0aOIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wew a lot wrong with that photo

How much does Veeky Forums justify spending on a bottle of cooking wine?

If I won't drink it I won't cook with it.

what are the best white wines to cook with? chardonnay? pinot grigio?

How much wine do you need? Normally you set a little aside from whatever you're drinking. Buying a whole bottle just to cook seems odd.

Depends what you're cooking
If I'm cooking with the entire bottle (like with a big pot of beef stew or something) I'll keep it under $8 a bottle. Sometimes less but you can start to smell the fucked up adjuncts if you go too cheap, depending on the dish and the wine.

If I'm cooking with only half, I'll go up to $18 or so depending on what I'm in the mood to drink.

>cooking wine
>bottle
Girl, pssh.

>cooking wine
don't buy that, cook with wine you'd drink

I keep trying to like wine but I just can't. Except for champagne.

Hi Alton Brown

That's odd, most people who don't like wine really don't like champagne. You sure you mean champagne and not just some sparkling wine you had somewhere?

>CUK WIF WIEN U DRANK
^ this is a meme.
All you need from cooking wine is the alcohol and the acid. Unless you're used to drinking your wine freshly boiled, you'll never know the difference.

Only autists and posers claim otherwise.

Are you new to cooking? I mean, that's an awfully open-ended question. Are you talking about adding white wine to your chicken marinade or tossing red in your pasta sauce?

Wine is 100% a bitch drink.
I've never met a guy who claimed to be into wine that wasn't a faggot or a douche or both.

u know what i mean

Alcohol evaporates out of wine though when cooked, so...you're retarded.

Yeah, it was sparkling wine, technically not champagne. Is there that big a difference between sparkling wine and actual champagne? I thought the main difference was just the region. I guess I knew even less than I thought I did.

>cultures where men drink wine
France, Italy, and Spain
All faggot countries who lost in WWII

>Cultures where men drink beer
UK and America
Both winners

Holy hell, you have no idea how wrong everything you just said is hahahaha.
>What are alcohol-soluble flavors
>What is the fact that the alcohol doesn't really cook out

Here, just educate yourself before you shitpost any more.
youtube.com/watch?v=fxipEj0aOIM

But men drink both beer and wine in America? Not to mention correlation != causation.

>their moscato is my cheap drunk
aaaaaaay

>men in America drink wine
No, hipster faggots are not men.

Germany drinks a fuckload of beer.
FUNNY HOW THEY LOST THO AMIRITE

>Germany drinks a fuckload of beer

I'm pretty sure alcohol is considered illegal in Shariah law.

go back to /mlp/ pony fucker

go back to your kebab shop, ahmed

You guys are ruining a really great thread.

god i want shwarma now

Depends on the sparkling wine. Champagne and wines in the style tend to have a yeasty taste due to bottle fermentation. Italian style is less so since there is no yeast added to the bottle

SUTTER HOME IS SHIT!!!!! SHIIITTTTTT

Alcohol evaporaes at less than 98.6 degrees, you literally aspirate it out, hence why breathalyzers work.

>Here's a video that I like

I'll stick with scientific facts. Thanks.

>rarely every drink
>decide i want to try wine
>ask co-workers what I should get
>"get a white wine, red will be too strong for your first time"
>go to store and buy a $7 1.5L bottle of chardonnay
>drink the entire thing over a period of two hours
>violently hung over for a day and a half
>sat in bathtub listening to youtube videos, hosing puke off myself, drinking water from the spigot, and covering myself with a thermal blanket

it was over a day before i had enough stamina to eat and then puke up a piece of rye bread. the thought of wine actually makes me gag, never again

Central Valley?

Not OP but I'm from Fresno.

Pleasantonfag here, why are there so many (bad) wines coming from livermore out of nowhere?

>>go to store and buy a $7 1.5L bottle of chardonnay
>>drink the entire thing over a period of two hours

Thanks for your insights.

You don't get it, do you? People say this because they like to have a nice wine to drink while they sacrifice some into the dish they're cooking. Really cheap ghetto wine can have some janky flavors, too. Moderately priced, moderate quality wine is perfect for cooking. The ideal choice is to just use wine you would have had anyway. Julia Child said it best a million years ago.

>The ideal choice is to just use wine you would have had anyway.
See, there's the trap. This is the corner that wine faggots pull up to justify glugging half a bottle of Montrachet Grand Cru into fucking ettoufee, and then spouting about "EHRMAGHERD MAEK MAH CRAWDAD GRAVY SOOOO GEWD"

Wine is 95% faggotry, and 5% bottles of California MomParty that are just fine for any dish on the planet.

I don't drink bitch drinks, so my wine purchaces are seldom more than $10 a bottle. Chardonnay or Cab Sav mostly, for dumping into pots and pans.

I don't think anyone is dumping a thousand-dollar bottle of wine into a sauce.

OTOH, I've learned the hard way that shitty wine will only shit up your dish. If the wine has any off flavors then those will only get concentrated when you reduce the wine.

I think you're fine at the $10 level, but try and go too much cheaper and you can easily fuck up the dish.

You bore me.

Good.