4th grade

sage

F-

Looks like pork

Flip

Grilled some shrimp too

looks pretty good. hopefully not well done

Flipped too soon.

Also if you have a good steak the only seasoning you need is salt and pepper.

4/10 I wouldn't spit in your face or anything but I'd probably drop this steak on the floor and let your dog eat it instead.

op pls spend the extra 30 dollars and get a weber kettle.

It's not my grill, but this was a serviceable grill

Those are USDA Choice.
They have some marbling, so they can't be Select.
The marbling isn't pervasive or consistent enough to be Prime.

Perfect

looks good. would have liked more char on shrimp but im nitpicking

Hey that's not too bad.
See how there's no red on the plate faggots? We're getting into good steak territory here.
The next step is to make sure no juices come out at all when the steak is cut.

Good job! I usually overcook steak on the grill. For some reason its way easier on the stove for me.

Thanks anons

Samefagging

Sorry

Steak fat. Do you eat it? I do

Looks good user. Cooked good too. I would guess those are prime grade ribs I had a couple myself tonight that looked similar. I use a cast iron on the grill to get a sear then cook them just like you did

Fuck yes I do.

It's the best tasting part

depends, sometimes I'll chomp it down. Kinda depends on the quality of the steak though

I put it in my mouth and let it sit occasionally sucking the juices while letting the saliva do the rest of the work

Depends on the texture, if it's that hard gristle-y texture you get on the side of a NY strip then hell no, but if it's the butter-soft kind of fat absolutely.

Thank you user. Its not that fucking difficult to google the criteria. Reddit, Dragonball Z and infantile behavior enabling in general has everyone thinking everything connoisseur is both esoteric and expressible in power levels at the same time. USDA Rating isn't quality, its marbling, which is a good indicator of quality. Simple as that.

mobileposting

you're still a faggot

The steaks were USDA select

Fucking Texas and their cheap beef

I had USDA prime ribeyes in VA that had barely any more marbling than this. They fell apart when cut tho, so they were pretty well marbled on the interior.

Also they were 20 dollars a pound

Steaks don't go to school.

>Also if you have a good steak the only seasoning you need is salt and pepper.
>Things boring white people say

>can't appreciate subtle beef flavors
>needing to overpower a good steak with cumin and/or shit tons of peppers and onions

P L S

OP here. I actually agree with only salt and pepper. The steak on the right in each of the pictures was my steak, S&P only

not OP but I have some prime dry-aged ribeyes for comparison, also from texas

can barely tell the difference. some more fine marbling in the center eye but not too much more

do you fags recommend dry ageing your steaks at home or is that just a dumb idea

Blech. No.

I like my steaks lean and just a little bloody.

i've heard mixed results, never tried it myself. i think dry age in general is always worth it.

>Boneless ribeye
W-wut

>steaks only require salt and pepper

Yes, as opposed to bone-in ribeye

symmetrical raw

If you are from the U.S. I would say very good USDA choice, or some bad USDA prime, that you got over charged for. Not bad ribeyes, don't get me wrong, but not something you should be paying prime price for.

USDA grading should be consistent regardless of where you are, so you are either lying, or just retarded. I got just as good beef in alaska, as I get in california now. It should never matter where you are, if you buy prime, it should be prime.

See . They were select and I would say OP was definitely not over charged. Nice job btw, OP. Steak looks great and so do the shrimp. Might pick up some steaks tonight. Will post pics if the thread is still up