What do I do with this?

Make a bomb out of it, fuck the English!

Return it and buy 15 lb of the same steel cut oatmeal for the same price

mix with dried fruit, crushed nuts, and either kefir or yogurt. maybe some honey. let it sit for anywhere from 10 minutes to overnight. enjoy.

Make some porridge and flapjacks

This right here. Bought some store brand steel-cut oats to compare. Exactly the same. The fancy tin even holds the cheaper oats just as well.

bounce it of your wife's head in a drunken rage

>Giving an Irish woman a weapon.
You fucked up laddy.

Eh, there's worse ways to go.

Maybe I should ask Veeky Forums this instead but since the thread is already here:
I just buy bought my first package of steel cut oats (I've been buying the old fashioned rolled variety until now), and was wondering are there any tips for how to cook them?

I know you can't use them in baking because they don't soften up as well.

I toast them in a pot with a small amount of butter to bring out a more nutty flavor. Stir frequently. Pour in water/milk to the correct ratio in the same pot, pinch of salt. When it simmers, I cover and turn the heat down to low. Stir every 10 minutes or so, done in about 45 minutes. If you make them the night before, adding milk in the morning if necessary, then reheat them in the morning they're even better. Oats are pretty simple.

Neat idea to toast them before cooking. Thanks.

They won't get really brown (unless you burn them) but you will smell it when they're toasty. It's pretty nice.

open the can and watch the little bugs crawl around in it

Starve.

Canned fucking oatmeal? It takes literally three minutes to make some in a microwave. The laziness of people never ceases to amaze me.

umm...what do the different types of oatmeal do?

It's not cooked in there, mr. assumptions. They just pack those steel-cut oats in an old-timey can.

Fight crime and social injustice.

just nutritional value. steel cut has the most, since it's the least processed. also, takes longer to cook.

1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups H2O
Put in Crock Pot on timer, kick it off on Low about 10pm, wake up at 6am to delicious oatmeal. Worth the time it takes.

Get drunk, beat your wife with the can, have 10 kids and then make her cook you some potatoes.

You can soak them overnight so they quick cook. I love steel cut, will never go back to fake again.

Besides the obvious things you can do with oatmeal, a recipe i like to use is turning them into pancakes. There are plenty of recipes, but usually you can use any pancake recipe, and substitute 1/2 to 2/3 of the flour with oats. Let the oats soak in whatever liquid is inside the recipe for about 5-10 mins.

The ghetto version i use is taking partially cooked oats, mixing them with a couple eggs & meat and cooking them like pancakes. It is not the most delicious thing in the world but its cheap & healthy.

other ideas..Make your own oat nutri trail mix bars,No bake oatmeal chocolate cookies, mix with meat loaf to hold it together, put cooked in oats in fruit smoothies, use oats in homemade bread,

You stick it up your ass and dance, Jack.