Hi, there fellow cu/ck/s

Hi, there fellow cu/ck/s.
Let's talk potatoes.
I know you can make tons of stuff out of potatoes. Bake em, mash em, and so on, but I am genuinly curious what YOU all think is the best way to process a potato.

My favorite are potato pancakes, I'd say.

Kettled chips Master race here

McDonalds French fries

Steak fries or something like them. I like the crispy outside and fluffy potato inside.

Onahole.

Pommes dauphine are pretty good. You mix choux pastry and mashed potato and deep fry balls of it.

Cajun fries.

I've always wanted to try my hand at these.
Latkes, gamjajeon, gnocchi, scalloped, gratin, tartine, tartiflette, Syracuse salt

Not the most sophisticated option, but I love creamy mashed potatoes with gravy. After that... patatas bravas? Potatoes and chorizo is a good combination.

Tbh I just really love mashed potatoes. Has anyone ever bought that instant mash stuff? Is it any good ?

It's pretty much wallpaperglue

waffle house hashbrowns

They're really bad, I get them but they're all salty as fuck and you can't get unflavored varieties. They replaced all the tater flakes here with the packages too.
I've switched to boiling and smashing them, which is easy as fuck if you boil long enough, but chopping them up is a bitch and the tater slime makes it pretty easy to cut yourself.
But fuck those packages, especially trying to pair something so salty with gravy.

Ok I'll just stick to regular mashed p opotatoes then

instant stuff is just dried potato flakes
it has a distinct taste and texture that isn't anything close to real mashed potatoes and is pretty crap

that being said i really like the mashed potatoes at kfc and i assume theyre some sort of rehydrated stuff.

mashed potatoes are probably my favorite but i fucking love potatoes in almost all forms

For me it's the large fry from McDonalds, the best fast food potato

>large fry

These are VERY good. But I only make them rarely, since it's more work than other potato options.
My favorite way to make potatoes is just roasted, but using fluffy potatoes and parboiling them first, so they are very crispy outside and very fluffy inside.
I also love homemade steak fries, but I don't make those unless I have enough beef drippings to fry them. (I hate deep frying at home, so I save it for special things).
During the holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter) my family makes "Baked Mashed Potatoes" that while are very fatty and bad for you, are fucking god tier tasting. You basically make mashed potatoes and add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, chives, and salt and pepper, then put the potatoes in a baking dish and bake. These are great because you can make them a day or two ahead of time, or even make and freeze them and they come out of the oven creamy and golden brown on top, perfection. But yeah, so bad for you. Which is why I only eat them 3 times a year.

Plain instant mashed potato flakes (needs to be FLAKES) make a great thickener for stews and soups, especially (and obviously) potato soup. You can even use them to thicken certain gravies and sauces (but you have to sieve them to make sure there's no rough texture). I worked in a few restaurant kitchens that did this, and people complimented our soups all the time (we made a potato cheese soup, a white bean soup, and hungarian goulash, and we used potato flakes as thickener for all of them).

A million times this

if i have time i'll cook on the bbq till skin is crispy, scoop out the potato and mash it with garlic and herbs, then stuff it back inside the skin with butter and bacon if i'm goin all out.