NYC Food Trucks

Apparently none of them have legit permits since the city refuses to issue them and instead buys them on the black marketed.

This is about the most f'd up thing I've ever heard. Sometimes I think we just need to purge the entire government of NYC and start again from scratch.

So apparently in NYC, the food truck business operates almost entirely illegally.

youtube.com/watch?v=En0EzcBKasE

Really? Of all the corrupt systems in the city food truck permits are the thing that get your gears grinding?

>getting upset by food trucks but not by gun control

>eating at food trucks
Only numales and blue collar plebs eat at food trucks. Kys.

You'd have to pay me to eat some grub from a food truck. It's the equivalent of going to a restaurant that's never been inspected by the Department of Health.

Corruption in New York! News at 11.

There's no way to ensure sanitation standards are maintained in mobile restaurants. Period. Also, the permits are tens of thousands of dollars, each. Just with taxis the medallions attached to the hoods of vehicles with legal access to TinesSquare and other tourist hotspots are $250,000 per vehicle, per year.

Cheap-o's skirt the law to make under-the-table money, they're almost always part of some crime syndicate as well. All those kebab guys are.

That explains why my pretzel tasted like fucking road salt when I went there in 1998. It was also black salt.

it's probably the most appropriate for a cooking board

>This is about the most f'd up thing I've ever heard. Sometimes I think we just need to purge the entire government of NYC and start again from scratch.
This, except I would include the entire population of the city in that purge.

If you look at the city today it's made great progress in terms of not being entirely corrupt and fucked up. We've come a long way since Tweed and the Democratic Tammany machine.

What can I say? We have it coming.

OP here

It's actually easier to get a gun permit in NYC than a food truck permit. I know -- I have the former and no one has gotten the latter for several years.

But then the dems will never win an election

I can't watch this. Why does she speak like a baby.

The gun permit isn't difficult if you're willing to jump through the hoops. CCW on the other hand...

>f'd up

Why is Veeky Forums so full of facebook shitters?

there is a referendum happening this November though, the vote is to split new york state into two districts, new york will be the city and long island, the rest of the state will be new amsterdam.
it would turn new york into a solid purple state and essentially cut democrat electoral voting power in half.

we better not fuck it up

>Turn New York state into a swing state

This actually sounds like a good idea.

Only celebrities get a CCW in NYC. You wouldn't want it anyways because self defense laws are trash. Better to just get a pepper spray.

I only know a handful of people that got CCW permits for legit reasons. This as back in the day when running a cash heavy business was a good enough reason to be issued a permit. Now, not so much.

>there is a referendum happening this November though

No there isn't, don't be stupid.

nice try shill. You're the opposition trying to trick people into not going to the polls

>lets make a regulation to fix our fucking retarded regulations

seriously?