Yeast extracts

I'm an eastern yuro and I've been thinking about trying one of these for a while.
The question is: which do I order?

I imagine marmite would be easier/cheaper to get in Europe. As a brit i can anttest that marmite is disgusting though.

Order both along with a trashcan so you can throw them away as soon as you get them

I was going to order from amazon anyway.

English will tell you marmite is better, Australians will tell you vegemite is better.

You mean a puke bucket?

And a Frenchy says they both taste horrible.

Marmite to add depth and richness to soups, stews, braises, etc. Vegemite for toast.

Vegemite on toast with plenty of butter. It's full of B vitamins and is pretty good if you like really salty stuff, because holy hell that shit is saltier than a bad game of mario kart. Vegemite on thickly buttered toast is my my go-to running late breakfast.
Also, t. American. No Aussie bias here.

They both taste like bouillon in paste form, but without the flavor.
Might as well just eat a spoon full of salt.

For an idea of taste before you spend any money, go outside, get down on your knees, and give the road surface a good lick.
That's what Marmite tastes like.

If you want beef extract, get Bovril instead. It's made entirely from cows.
Making it is simple. You take all the bits of bone, cartilage, horn, hoof, and non-food-grade meat you wouldn't even feed to a dog, toss the whole lot into a big pressure vessel, and boil it down until you get a nice uniform paste. It's basically beef tea.
Invented as a way for the absolute poorest people to get enough protein.

Rasheed.

The French turn over rocks and eat the snails and frogs that they find. The French have no concept of taste.

>all these absolute plebs either hating on yeast extract, or hating on other yeast extracts without posting the greatest of all time

Y'all cowards don't even eat Cenovis

as a brit, he is lying, marmite is god tier.

Marmite's good to put just a tip of a knife onto sandwiches, and really boosts the savoriness of a stew or soup.

Vegemite is its shitposting little brother who belongs on fairy bread.

As he woffs down snails and frog legs

>he eats animals for food!

Marmite is great but way too expensive where I live. Creton, pâté and rillettes are better options for toast anyway

>>uxing the phrase 'as an xxx'

go back to rebbit you fucking british butter ball

>Frogs
>Snail

What next slugs and newts

For me it's promite, the best yeast extract spread

T. Australian

Yeah right Paki. Marmite is good.

>literally quoting the other guy
Fuck off and into reading comprehension you filthy spastic.

Vegemite is excellent but foreigner dickheads spread it wrong and end up complaining about how it's "too strong" when they piled on a metric shitton of the stuff.

You have to put it on over a nice layer of butter. And spread it THIN, there shouldn't be any big chunks, it should nicely spread out across the surface of the bread.

Marmite, why does no one like you?

Because marmite divides opinion like no tomorrow

Vegemite is superior in every way.

vegemite. put a little bit on some butter and crunchy toast and it is delicious

Vegemite.

Marmite.

Vegemite, all others are gay

Marmite is my yeast extract of choice.

>with cheese on toast
>add it to soups and broths and noodles
>heat it up with some water so it goes all runny and pour it over cheese scones