Meme clad

Is stainless All-Clad/Multiclad/TriPly etc a meme or is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cooks-Standard-Multi-Ply-Stainless-Steel-10-Piece/dp/B00421AYJK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1491867039&sr=8-7&keywords=american stainless tri ply
centurylife.org/is-all-clad-worth-it-is-it-still-made-in-america-why-does-it-cost-so-much-what-are-some-alternatives/
centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/
forums.egullet.org/topic/25717-understanding-stovetop-cookware/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looking at Cuisinart, Tramontina, and Calphalon sets

If using IH then "clad" is usually important. Otherwise, its just about heat retention. Heavier=better with most cookware.

Most problems with cooking come from too little attention (movement) and too little oil/fats

It's a meme. Buy copper.

CLAD heats EVENLY and doesn't STICK while YOU require SCRUBBING and DISHWASHING HARD

>I just leary basic techniques last tuesday and it upsets me when others can afford entry level cookware
You're right, just get a $9 pan at the gas station. Anything better is just going to prove you need exclusive luxury veblen goods for the obscenely wealthy as a crutch. Real Cooks are angry, bitter, and too poor to afford anything better than a dumpster dived cast iron skillet

The only thing that matters is the thickness of the bottom of the pan and the size.

If you think different alloys are going to give you a better meal, you're sorely mistaken.

amazon.com/Cooks-Standard-Multi-Ply-Stainless-Steel-10-Piece/dp/B00421AYJK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1491867039&sr=8-7&keywords=american stainless tri ply

I use these and they're a really good quality for the price
They're about comparable to Calphalon in quality, but you get a really freaking sweet stockpot with this set

As for cooking, stainless is the best so long as you take a few minutes to learn how to cook with them properly

No. Get either the Cuisinart Multiclad or Tramontina Tri-Ply lines instead for equal thermal performance for vastly less money. It's been a long time since All-Clad cookware construction patents ran out and they think they can still charge a premium on the brandname alone.

If you want to spend $$$ to get actual superior performance look into Vollrath's Tribute and especially Demeyere’s Proline pieces.
centurylife.org/is-all-clad-worth-it-is-it-still-made-in-america-why-does-it-cost-so-much-what-are-some-alternatives/
centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/

Stop bleating out of context memes from modernist cuisine, what you said is wrong and misleading

Oh the IRONy

98% of my shit is all-clad. Gifted set and pieces I picked up on the cheap at TJMAXX/Marshalls over the years. I've always been happy with it. Got drunk the other night and left an empty pot on the element on high (2 of them aren't working, ancient electric stove) and was banting with a mate and only noticed when after 30 min the pan I was trying to heat up wasn't doing anything. Gently cooled it down with cold water. No buckling, no problems. Anecdotal, take that for what it's worth, but It's legit superior cookware. Tramontina is a decent budget proxy. Recommended it to a friend and he's gotten several years of reliable use out of it. All in all a good post in an otherwise troll thread
Read this: forums.egullet.org/topic/25717-understanding-stovetop-cookware/

And re: the tramontina, we're talking ~10 yrs.

These are the only good posts in the thread, ignore the NEET shitposting

Oh wait actually I take it back, that egullet thread is pretty awful and it tricked me into buying disc bottom crap back in the day

Don't buy disc bottom crap, the patents on all clad style cookware expired after that was written and there is no reason not to buy MCP or All Clad or similar

Fair enough, it is (your personal experience aside) informative. Eat the fish, spit out the bones.

If you cooled down a red hot pan with cold water and it didn't warp you are very lucky. i don't care if it is AL Clad.

I'll add that I've always thought that disk shit was a gimmick, interesting (if not gratifying) to hear my suspicions confirmed. And WTF is up with captcha lately? PIA.

Wasn't one of our brightest moments. But the mark of a good tool is that it has the retardation of its user built in to its design.

See: Milwaukee sawsall, M1 garand rifle (it bites back if you fuck up).

What does it do? Shoot you in the face if you squeeze the trigger wrong?

Reload one and find out

Nah I'm good. I'm not too sympathetic to the argument that "old, awkward, fussy shit is better because muh feelings"

I found a few pieces of reasonably priced French copper cookware lined in tin. How is this stuff? I've read about caring for it and use but I'm not as familiar with tin lining. Any tips?

It's finicky and not worth the trouble except as a novelty, and it will cost you an arm and a leg when it comes time to retin.

Also I assume you found the baumalu pans, rumor has it those have lead in the lining which is why they're being dumped on the US market for low low prices due to lax regulations here compared to europe, hope you don't mind paying for a proper retinning job