Vegan Food

What's your favorite vegan recipe or product?

I just had a Boca chick'n patty sandwich with Just Mayo, lettuce, and tomato. Fucking amazing. Better than Wendy's honestly, and probably cheaper too.

And tonight I'm going to have some brownies that were made with Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix, some Vegan Egg, and melted Earth Balance. I also like to use black beans blended with water as an egg replacer, but the Vegan Egg is easier clean up and tastes roughly the same. Black beans just give it a slightly denser, fudgier, richer texture (depending on how much water you use of course). Then I'm going to top it with some coconut whipped cream: minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-coconut-whipped-cream/
And strawberries.

Other products I currently have in my fridge that I love are:
Trader Joe's meatless meatballs
Trader Joe's Japanese style fried rice
Trader Joe's soy creamy cherry chocolate chip ice cream
Boca chick'n nuggets
Rising Moon Organics Spinach Florentine, and Butternut Squash Ravioli
some vegetable dumplings from the 99 cents store that are bomb - not sure what brand, sorry
Tater tots
Tofurky pepperoni (I like to just snack on it on its own)
Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices (also like to snack on these on their own but I do try to resist the urge and actually make sandwiches/wraps with them)
Silk soy yogurt, strawberry and peach mango flavors
Just Mayo mayo and Caesar dressing
Combo of rice vinegar and soy sauce to coat my tofu
Monster energy drink

Then of course I have things like lettuce, frozen veggies, watermelon, orange juice, etc.

If you have vegan products in your fridge, feel free to share yours. I can't wait to eat all the delicious food in my fridge. I feel so spoiled right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=paraphrasing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is bait, right?

No. Just talking about good vegan food.

Pic related: also vegan.

Oreos

broodje ei met ui en worst met jus

good vegan food is only enjoyed by cannibals. The rest of us have to settle for pork.

I would top this with some vanilla cashew ice cream or coconut whipped cream. Mmm. Maybe a dash of cinnamon on top.

Here's another of my favorite vegan products: Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella. I like to wrap the pizza crust in foil then put it under a broiler with this on top so it gets those nice brown bubbles. So good.

>vegan being this o b s e s s e d about meat.

You're what I like to call a junk food vegan, eating nothing but processed crap.

I've always hated pork. Sometimes I think I was just born to be vegan because meat disgusts me so much and I'm so glad I don't feel like I have to eat it anymore. All the veins, tendons, fat, slime, connective tissue, "juice". It's all revolting to me. Vegan meat is like taking the only good part about meat (texture, minus all the nasty shit) and filling it with great flavor. Not saying I haven't tried not so tasty vegan meat before, but the most popular brands like Gardein and Tofurky and Boca are usually pretty delicious. I know a lot of meat eaters who actually have freezers stuffed with Gardein just because they like the taste more than meat.

So you hate yourself. That's so hot. Wanna fuck?

Nah, there's some lettuce in there too. It is chopped and washed though.

But yeah, I'm a junk food vegan. I'm not vegan for health. Vegan for pic related. That would be pretty easy to do too though, but I really enjoy my junk food/convenience food.

I only date vegans. But thanks for the offer.

>vegans

Are you saying vegans treat you like a subhuman, or vegans are subhumans?

Sorry, I'm new to this Veeky Forums language.

Gardein fishless filets.

Why do you guys bother being vegan if all your food has to taste and look like meat?
I see your environmental concerns, but you're still being narcissistic about this and promoting the picture and taste of meat by putting twice the amount of products on shelves that look like it.

I am not a vegan defending veganism. I am a rational human being who sees hypocrisy in these vegan mock-foods. If I didn't like milk, I wouldn't create milk free white colored water that tastes just like milk to replace it.
Fucking shape up guys, you're being asinine about your diet and morals.

Mostly pastry and carby garbage on that picture , really make my beetus happy .

>why bother being vegan if you're going to eliminate all the bad aspects of eating meat?

I consider anyone who makes this argument to be a half-functioning, full on retard

You're literally just virtue signalling about how you eat real meat like a real man!

You're pathetic and I'd fucking snap in you in half

>mayo which has eggs
>caesar dressing which has anchovies
Get fucked loser

And you're rational? Screaming on the internet because I called your vegan food hypocritical?

Packing the shelves with stuff that looks and tastes like meat is still promoting the industry that you're fighting.
This is hypocrisy. You are not being reasonable with me about a reasonable complaint.
I'm not getting loud with you because I'm not hopped up on hypertension and delerium causing b-vitamins. Just think with a clear head about your new vegan rampage post before you make it.

those """""""""""wings"""""""""""" are clearly nuggers.

I prefer a nice Kentucky Bluegrass, but on occasion I will eat some Tall Fescue. Fresh cut, of course, to get those nice Green Leaf Volatiles.

Lol getting this triggered. Considering howbhard it is for you to get protein, I doubt you would be snapping anything in half. I love your internet enthusiasm though, keep it up faggot.

1. Not all caesar dressings have Anchovies, some don't (vegan ones)
2. He said Just Mayo, which is a brand of Mayo that uses no eggs (fuck knows how it's made)

The substitutes work to ease people into a vegan diet, replace their habitual foods with non-animal foods, and also helps them to utilize some of the same products (hot dog buns for example) that are commonly available. And socializing has a huge component here, where you don't want to be the other, or otherize meat eaters. The mock foods sorta let everyone blend in together. Though I definitely understand your point about meat-substitutes seeming counterproductive. They really ought to be careful with the marketing.

just make delicious vegan food instead of trying to emulate something that you won't ever truly replicate.

good vegan food is fucking good. IMO that's the true test when i'm trying to judge how good a cook someone is.. make something delicious without the use of animal fat, dairy products, eggs, or honey.

>bonus points if it's gluten free

>good vegan food is fucking good
Then why do you need to try so hard? If it was good surely people would eat it without having to be prodded into doing so.

>and you're rational

Yes. Your argument is pants on head retarded. There is nothing hypocritical about eliminating the actual meat aspect of meat. You are a fucking autistic dumbass looking for some moral high ground where there is none

>im not hopped up on hypertension

Very debatable, fatso.

The reality is he's selfish and can't spare the time to give a shit about the ideas behind what he claims he is. It's basically a status booster, he gets to tell people that he's vegan but all of his food looks and tastes like meat.
All while doubling the number of things that look like meat on the shelves, further promoting the meat industry, but his reasons are personal, so he takes the street cred for being a vegan with his like-minded friends while still pretty much eating meat.

There are positive aspects to his decision, but they are far outweighed by the fact that he's putting more meat and dairy images on shelves than there have ever been.
This causes more people to see the products, look at them, and decide to just get the real thing because they know it's better.

The vegans have effectively become the biggest advertisers for meat and dairy on planet earth, between the products they add to your average grocery store and the fact that they literally don't stop talking about dairy/meat all day every day, the 1 cow they don't eat per year is far outweighed by the billions of dollars they add to the industry coffers.

I am not being hostile towards you guys, I'm just wanting to clear up some things. Shit will ALWAYS exist as long as you keep talking about it and recreating it. You need an ALTERNATIVE SHIT to make the aforementioned shit diminish in popularity.

dude i'm not a vegan.

i just work in the industry.. yeah, i'd rather somebody eat my seared albacore w/ seared foie and a mustard/raisin/chicken demi/white ver jus sauce but i can also make a really nice plate of food for somebody that's vegan.

Lmao jesus christ what a pathetic fucking loser you are. This is the most virtue signalling autistic bullshit I've ever seen

You are LITERALLY getting triggered about bean burgers because you're a fat fucking loser

LMAO

Being passive-aggressive is still being aggressive, chubs :)

But like seriously, look at how hard you're trying. Is there something you want to talk about?

i'm not that user, but really?

are you really implying that bean burgers are in any way/shape/form as objectively good as a beef cheeseburger?

that's retarded. i've made good boca burgers, but you have to treat them differently. sear them and baste them with browned butter/herbs.. it's just different.

you niggers are just lazy

i literally agree with you.

why do u wanna argue, bud?

>are you really implying

No

"I want this thing to go away!"
>34 replies
>25 mentions of meat

If you replaced the word "meat" with "The McChicken" in this thread you guys would be fucking losing it over all the advertising going on.

then what's your point?

falaffel is delicious.. tahini sauce is delicious. it's a good dish that isn't trying to be anything it's not.

trying to replicate meat with shit that isn't meat is pointless.

>then what's your point

That you're a little bitch triggered about bean burgers. What are you actually crying about? That a vegan can have fun too?

Who that isn't a complete loser autist actually cares? No one that's who

i like bean burgers, man.

you're just a lazy faggot who can't think think outside the box to make some rad food that fits your dietary constraints.

I love it. The all-out call sign of someone with no argument, or a fake one at best. Rewrite the actual statements as something you think you have a clever defense against and go from there. This should be called out every time.

Tpbp

>waahhhhh wahhhhhh BEAN BURGERS

Lol i honestly cannot imagine how horrible your life actually is

Do you get this upset at zucchini noodles too???

No one rewrote anything. This is you just sperging out at the realization you're crying like a little woman over BEAN BURGERS

What an utterly pathetic existence you both have

This sends the autistic fucking zilches into a rampage

Other products I currently have in my fridge that I love are:
Trader Joe's McChickenless McChickenballs
Trader Joe's Japanese style fried rice
Trader Joe's soy creamy cherry chocolate chip ice cream
Boca McChick'n nuggets
Rising Moon Organics Spinach Florentine, and Butternut Squash Ravioli
some vegetable dumplings from the 99 cents store that are bomb - not sure what brand, sorry
Tater tots
McChicken McChicken (I like to just snack on it on its own)
McChicken hickory smoked deli slices (also like to snack on these on their own but I do try to resist the urge and actually make McChicken sandwiches/wraps with them)
Silk soy yogurt, strawberry and peach mango flavors
Just Mayo mayo and Caesar dressing
Combo of rice vinegar and soy sauce to coat my tofu
Monster energy drink

Then of course I have things like lettuce, frozen veggies, watermelon, orange juice, etc.

I have strategically replaced mentions of meat with a similar product.
This post is now 100% confirmed to not be advertising any sort of industry.
Why would I mention something if I didn't want you to buy it?

for me, it's meat, the best fast food sandwich

Lol just give it a rest you fucking zero

You are LITERALLY

SEETHING

Over BEAN BURGERS

>why bother being vegan if you're going to eliminate all the bad aspects of eating meat?

Hey pumpkin - I think I read the entire original. Where did it say this? Because if it didn't

you

rewrote it to your liking.

Carry on.

the veganism is destroying your brain

That's called paraphrasing, sweetie. Perhaps if you weren't such a SEETHING aspie you'd realize what it's used for. It's not some giant conspiracy to discredit you

Quite obvious at this point that you're samefagging and I've broken you down over BEAN BURGERS

kek

KEK

i like bean burgers. they're good.

i just think vegans could try harder, because vegetables are much more versatile than proteins. they're equally delicious if prepared in a thoughtful way.

>i just think

No one cares what you think.

I never even mentioned bean burgers.

And why do you keep mentioning burgers?
I'm going to make one now that you reminded me about meat for the 33rd time this thread user.

Why are you so upset over the idea of BEAN BURGERS???

>ACTUALLY keeping tabs of how many times MEAT has been mentioned

You are PATHETIC

Christ vegans are fucking cringy

Paraphrasing directly defines as to convey the original meaning. That which you have not done. Keep going. I'm up all night. Make yourself stupid by sunrise.

Because sadly we do crave meat after all, it's evolutionary engraved as good in us, we love calory dense food. So it's better to provide vegan "alternatives" that may not really come close but can help fill that gap. Most long term vegans I know eventually gave up on the meat substitutes too, ideally they're supposed to be a temporary help (and as the other user said to make veganism more sociable).

I also see your point, for a long time I thought it was just stupid and pointless. Why be so obsessed with recreating something that's obviously not possible to recreate? I'm not sure which side is stronger, I tend to agree with you a bit more. Veganism should focus on the strengths instead of the "scrifices".

I neved said bean burgers. I don't even know what that is.
I do know what this button is though.

>That which you have not done

Are you just upset I had utterly demolished your silly argument with a flick of the fingers? Are you just triggered that a BEAN BURGER gets you triggered?

>I dont even know what that is

kek

KEK

What a fucking MORON you are. Not even in the FACT you don't know what a BEAN BURGER is, but you can't even comprehend the FACT that YOU are getting TRIGGERED over the IDEA of one

How sad!

but we've got nuts, oils of all kind, coconut milk, grains other than wheat, vinegar, spices and herbs, sugar, and of course vegetables that can be roasted/smoked/fried/confited in oil/blanched/fermented/pickled/braised/pureed/juiced/eaten raw.

there's a lot to work with.

I've got nuts you can work with

OK - one more time...

Just show me where the original poster stated that. Yup. I'm waiting.

waiting

lmgtfy.com/?q=paraphrasing

I didn't say anything about bean burgers, nothing.

What even is it? We'll soon have more mentions of bean burgers than meat here.

You're disgusting.

That's what I mean, focus on advertising the delicious vegan meals instead of making people think veganism is retarded for obsessing over eating "meat". We agree. I'm not eating vegan yet but if I go that way I'll refer to it as a plant-based diet, fuck the political connotations of word vegan.

i think if vegans focused on an ethos that was pro-plant instead of anti-meat that it would be much more effective at getting people to listen.

the way a lot of vegans act right now really makes the benefits of eating meat even more persuasive since it just seems like condescension and bitterness is the alternative

Yeah I doubt the way veganism is now it can actually become mainstream. Unrelated but kinda like how feminism has become abrasive and counterproductive.

Yea. Paraphrasing. Original meaning.

You no entiende.

But I think you do. Just have a mission. But not very smart.

Just show me where it was stated originally. Just show me. One time

Para...

phrasing.

Meaning.

Yes. And as I pointed out before YOU got triggered that I NAILED this EXACT meaning and YOUR overall continued Asperger tantrum over BEAN BURGERS

Are YOU going to continue to hilariously type like a Redditurd ASPIE or are YOU finally going to CONCEDE that YOU are getting TRIGGERED over BEAN BURGERS???

Take your autism somewhere else.

right.. it resorts to shaming instead of offering an appealing alternative, which makes the other side double down on their opinion.

im a sous in a fine dining spot in a coastal city.. top 5 in the city. one of our secrets to success is that we offer a 9 course blind tasting menu in addition to an a la carte menu, and we adhere to every and all dietary restrictions for the blind tasting.

that means coming up with 9 completely new courses for a single person on the fly in the middle of service, which is a pain in the ass, but also a challenge and a source of pride for me and my cooks when we bang it out and the person comes back and personally thanks us for giving them the same experience their dining partners had who didn't have any restrictions.

it's just laziness.

>it resorts to shaming

As HE shames people over BEAN BURGERS

What a pathetic barnacle on the ass of the planet YOU are

>we offer a 9 course blind tasting menu
That is impressive indeed.

OK - back to the start.

Does anyone see where the original poster stated what is in green text? I don't. Just asking a simple question.

The way your write makes my eyes hurt.

That's because YOU are a SEETHING ASPIE getting TRIGGERED over BEAN BURGERS

Perhaps if YOU spent more time READING as opposed to shedding TEARS over BEAN BURGERS YOU wouldn't be SO STUPID

Good

granted, it's including 2-3 amuse bouche, an intermezzo, and a m'anyardie. but still.

we attack that as a team, pause for 1-2 minutes in the middle of service, collaborate and write a menu on the fly. also, a lot of times the person will also be doing a wine pairing so we have to convey the menu to the front of the house so they can do some on the fly pairings.

it used to piss me off, but now that i'm in management, it makes my dick hard that people are willing to pay $100 for vegetables with another $60 for wine pairings.. they're so dumb, but they also are consistently the ones who come back and thank us for their meal.

>haven't posted for 30 minutes
>thinks he's still yelling at me
>about bean burgers

I have been responding to MULTIPLE RETARDS like YOURSELF about being TRIGGERED over BEAN BURGERS

YOU actually THOUGHT that YOU were SPECIAL in any way that wasn't the shit-eating kind

kek

KEK

Bean burgers

>people are willing to pay $100 for vegetables with another $60 for wine pairings.. they're so dumb
They're paying for the experience, not only for the meal. If I had a lot of disposable income I'd probably try that too.

right.. but still.

the tasting price is determined by the price point of the ingredients you're using. a lot of times we will have A grade foie, prime grade meats, expensive fish, caviar, etc.

if somebody is paying the same price just for vegetables then it's like four or five times the profit margin of the standard tasting.

but yeah, people love that we customize a special thing for them and it justifies the price for their experience. regardless, they're paying $100 for vegetables, so..

Many delicious bean burgers ahead for you, brother.

how'd you make a vegan karelian stew?
or goulash?

>See vegan thread
>Get excited for actual dish discussion
>Le epic manly meat eaters shitposting because of their subconscious guilt from eating meat

zzz these fucking kids can't talk shit to vegans irl so they talk big here.

vegan dishes:
the same recipe for lentil soup, pasta sauce and a stew; only the amount of added water changes

There are many Indian dishes you can make that are vegan and far more delicious than nasty processed bean/soy "burgers" and meat loaves.

Apply yourself ffs. Or at least don't let anyone know you eat that disgusting crap on the premise that it's actually helping animals.

If you are upset about industrialized meat, why not actively boycott it instead of eating garbage and not even putting a dent in their pockets?

>Get excited for actual dish discussion

The thing is, there are vegan dishes that are good on their own, but a vegan "version" of a meat-based meal is going to be shit compared to the real thing almost every time. It's intellectually dishonest to say it's the same thing because it halfway shares the same taste and texture.

It's like giving someone a fried cricket and telling them it's the same thing as a french fry. Instead of saying "Here, eat this cricket"

I've seen vegan goulash. You use a meat substitute.

How do you make vegan cum?

I just fill a pot with water and dump in beans, rice, and bits of kale, carrot, turnip, potato, parsnip, spinach, onion, and garlic.

Sometimes I'm missing ingredients, sometimes I have others. Sometimes I put in pasta instead of beans and rice. It all tastes the same but I'm happy.

I think carrot hot dogs are better than the real thing, but I never was a big frank fan. You marinate the carrots and steam them until they get to the perfect softness.

Are you?

Fuck me, I miss Claim Jumper, they had a great salad bar and their steaks were breddy gud.

Approach someone and quietly whisper in their ear "I don't eat meat or dairy products, my poop doesn't smell," and if all the toxic "vitamins" you put in your stomach that morning are working in harmony, you will cream your own pants.
Only vegans can into hañds frèe fapping

64% Of posts in this thread include the word "vegan."

Self indulgence at it's finest.