Calling all Tacos

Calling all Tacos

Trying to convince a bong friend who's sick of his shitty job at Tescos to start up his own Taco Truck business. I think it'd be a hit, if he could only get the food right.

Unfortunately for him he only knows shitty British/maybe Portuguese food, and unfortunately for me I don't know the first thing about good Mexican food. Just the garbage imitations we get.

If any Mexicans (or any other south/central american who knows some good native food; the limeys won't know the difference) could chime in, I'd be grateful. I promise not to report any American IPs to ICE.

instead of going with something he doesn't know, why not get him to start a portugese food truck?

I heard it's very hard to find/very expensive to buy a lot of the peppers used in Mexican food in the UK. You'd need a shitload of jalapeños, pablanos, and chipotle peppers at least I expect.

Because he hates Portuguese food, despite being half-Portuguese himself.

Anything fish-related makes his sick to his stomache just to look at.

Also because his name is Pedro.

Mexican cuisine has its fair share of seafood, but it's not nessasary. Depends on what region you're trying to copy I guess.

>Mexican cuisine has its fair share of seafood, but it's not nessasary. Depends on what region you're trying to copy I guess.

Please tell me about the different regional varieties of food in The United States of Mexico.

This is a terrible idea.

No cunt in the UK eats tacos or any of that Mexican crap. No cunt would even know what any of that shite was on the menu, and would just ask for chips instead to be on the safe side.

I have a tin of refried beans in my cupboard that will likely go out of date. I only bought by mistake them when I was drunk instead of normal baked beans.

If he's working at Tesco, then the start-up costs would likely be prohibitive to him too, you would be talking realistically of an initial minimum outlay of about £30,000 or so.

Tell him to fall off a ladder at work and have a nasty injury that you can sue Tesco for, that's what everyone else does when they can't be bothered working their any longer.

>No cunt in the UK eats tacos or any of that Mexican crap.

You like kebab and indian food though. I don't see why you can't add another shitskin culture's cuisine to your national palate.

Well, I've never been to Mexico myself, but I expect there are some differences in food across the Mexican states. The country has two coasts and some desert between them so there's bound to be local variations in cuisine based on what's available. In America Mexican food boils down to "authentic" and Tex-Mex. The latter is kind of a fusion of American and Mexican food, which boils down to spicer versions of American dishes and a few unique ones like nachos and chimichangas. The "authentic" stuff sticks closer to traditional Mexican food, but still gets Americanized a little.

Pretty much all Mexican food boils down to some combination of corn, tomatoes, peppers, beans, rice, and/or a protein of some kind doused in lime juice. Beef and chicken are more prevalent in Tex-Mex, while pork seems to come up more in traditional stuff. Fish comes up occasionally, usually in tacos.

You joking? People here are nuts for meme food, fucking peri peri chicken became a national pastime in about 5 seconds. I don't know if you're just an old man from Wigan or what.

Oh and of course tortillas, can't forget the tortillas. I'm pretty sure Mexican babies are wiped clean with tortillas moments after being born.

>peri peri chicken became a national pastime in about 5 seconds

And stopped being one about seconds later.

If the cunt is going to set up some sort of food van, he should get his pitch sorted and just do the usual hamburger / chips shit that everyone else does. No cunt would even know how to pronounce most of the crap on that fucking menu. Fuck me, even when Brits do go abroad all they want is fucking egg'n'chips.

Thank you kindly. I will look into it.

Add a pronunciation guide to the menu, it'll be fun and different. That and I want to see a video of a bunch of inbred Bongs struggling to say quesadilla.

Also, tell your friend to ask about working the nightshift, there are no managers in and you spend most of your time fucking around.

>there are no managers in and you spend most of your time fucking around

The important thing to note here is that he wants to do something other than be a wageslave at a corporate chain for the rest of his life.

>he wants to do something other than be a wageslave at a corporate chain for the rest of his life

>In fucking Bongistan

I lol'd most heartily good Sir.

Fresh tortillas, well seasones meat and mexican onions/cilantro (they are a different subspcies although they look similiar) are the key points but the most important part of good tacos?

The brine.

Properly brining your meat is the difference between shitty tacos and great ones

I will take this into consideration.

Good.
T.half mexican professional culinarian in texas

This it will be difficult for them to get dried chiles etc.

>No cunt in the UK eats tacos or any of that Mexican crap.
Not so. There's a few Taco Bell outlets, and at least one mexican street food stall in London.

>If he's working at Tesco, then the start-up costs would likely be prohibitive to him too
This. £12k a year minus living expenses doesn't leave a lot. And that's if you're working full time, which he probably isn't.

Speaking of seasoning, does OP know how Mexican food is usually seasoned? Usually a fuckton of chilies and cumin, various peppers both fresh and smoked, colilantro as you mentioned, and lime juice.

>Mexianon here
This is true.

Now, pay attention OP for the true experience of Mexican taco flavor you will need these ingredients:

>Real Corn flour tortillas
Search for MASECA over seas, that's the closest you'll get to the real deal)

>Beef/Pork
The loins, shoulders or some of the cheaper cuts.

>Lard
No olive oil or coconut oil like a faggot, your grease must have come from a once living animal.

>White Onions
No red or sweet varieties, you need the one's that make you cry just bying on the same room.

>Cilantro
Coriander is the seed UK fags, but yeah, not for picky eaters.

>Green Limes
Lemon just doesn't cut it.
The process is a no brainer, pan fry your meat with lard, if you want to go to the expensive side serve the meat as rare/medium rare fajitas, otherwhise chop the meat to the tiniest pieces you can make and put it back to fry until they are kind of crispy.

Heat your griddle and warm your tortillas soaked with a little bit of lard until they are all shiny and soft.
>Do not allow the tortilla to get crispy, this ruins the taco as it breaks to pieces falls apart.

There now you assemple the taco, put the meat in the tortilla, add some chopped onion and coriander, douse in lime juice and add salt to taste.

Next step is the salsa and Taco Hard modes like Adobada and Pastor.

Not only that. It is a different butchering technique on cuts of meat, especially beef. When an anglo thinks of thin cut of beef they think 1/2". For a mexican that is ridiculous thick for tacos.

Mexianon here

White onions a shit
You need mexican onions, they taste completely different.

He can't get mexican onions in UK, burro...
White Onions are the closest to real flavor

Now the biggest kicker:

How do you make a taco Halal?

>Mexianon
>Not Mexicanon
Muy mal.