Can't discuss philosophy on this website without someone posting "le epic stirner meme"

>can't discuss philosophy on this website without someone posting "le epic stirner meme"
Fuck this gay earth.

So youre saying you would like to discuss philosophy but you just

KANT

Amirite?

I would tell you to kill yourself but that would only be one more futile act in a lifetime of futile acts.

See I actually don't mind this kind of shit, it's topical and it's relatively unique (very relatively, it's garbage but it's jusitfiable garbage) in that you have to know at least who the picture is of, but the fucking Stirner meme is literally just saying any concept of anything is a spook and calling everything you would like to discuss a spook, it's fucking low effort shit

"spook" and "stirner" should be filtered words

Rather than succumb to anger because of your spooked ideals of philosophical conversation it's probably in your best interest to embrace Stirner.

Heh...if you knew the real me, youd back off kiddo

Ayyy it's you again. I'm still trembling in my boots.

How small IS Veeky Forums?

why would you want to talk about philosophy on Veeky Forums? i'm doing my phd in philosophy and just come here to shitpost. 99% of this board hasn't read the first critique

>call everything around you baseless and fake so you can always feel like a Super Smart Person Who Is Always Very Smart(tm) whenever you debate someone
Wow what a philosopher

I feel the same way OP, but what do you realistically expect? A thread debating what the premises of the B Deduction are supposed to be? No one who cares that much is going to waste their time or effort on a Veeky Forums thread.

I'm 6'4 230lbs with a 1300lb powerlifting total and 12% body fat.

Lifting is a spook though

I mean like you'll be just sort of tangentially talking about philosophy or what you think of [insert philosophical work] and someone will come along and just post some shit calling it a spook for no reason
It's like brain dead idiots think they're smart if they execute their Pavlovian response to post the word spook when they see the word philosophy

>6'4
You manlet how do you even go out of your house?

Yeah fair enough man, it's really frustrating.

But I feel like it's our fault. I'm going to guess that we're both lonely autodidacts looking for some kind of social, low-pressure intellectual company. But surely we can find better forums than fucking Veeky Forums lmao. This place is irredeemable.

Attention thread: I hear your lamentations and I say this...
I have just graduated from university with a degree in Philosophy + Honors. Ask Me Anything.

If there exists one I haven't found it
It's the old "everywhere else is evern worse so you stay here out of necessity" problem

Where do I go after Camus for absurdism?

Did you write a thesis? About what kind of stuff? What's the last thing you read that you found really enjoyable/stimulating?

Monty Python, Peter Cook.
Camus stands alone with his insights (esp. myth of Sisyphus) but 20th century British satire is Philosophy in action.
I can't in good conscience recommend any academic on the subject, what other lesson from Absurdist lit could their be?

William Altman: Plato the Teacher.
I know it's a cliche that I should love Plato but Altman presents a new reading order for the dialogues that is essentially a pedagogical exercise from the Ancient Academy.
My thesis was a re-reading of the dialogues after a Cartesian mind-clearing to try approach them fresh. I'll be furthering this with Altman soon after he returns from Brazil (not joking).

I agree with other reply that nothing academic makes any sense. Have you tried "theater of the absurd" stuff? Ionesco, Pirandello, some Beckett stuff? (I'm a really big fan of the Japanese author Kobo Abe whose entire oeurve is absurdist. I would recommend his plays and novels).

Cool man, sounds like you're really into some philosophical headwater. Plato's fucking hard, actually.

How does British comedy involve the absurd in a philosophical definition? I know Monty Python is absurd in the humor sense in that the situations are absurd, but I don't understand how they are absurd in that they talk about the lack of inherent meaning and ways to create your own.

Actually, the two definitions are closer than you're making out. Imagine a situation where you're are in fact talking about the 'lack of inherent meaning' for more than a minute. Then imagine the truly comical nature of that situation and what it could possibly achieve. A very subversive subtext present in all of M.P. is that the 'radical', the 'new man' is more absurd than the boring middle man chartered accountants or upper class waifs and flakes who are so much the but of their jokes.
If you want to talk about making your own values, doesn't that by definition exclude others?

I for one have tried to hold myself to a very high standard philosophically speaking and find that memes aside this board actually does do some pretty cool investigations sometimes. Its just hard to always take oneself so seriously - I wouldn't advise it.