/alc/ al/ck/

al/ck/oholic general

Thinking when everything went wrong edition

I'm drinking canned beer right now, what do you guys usually drink?

cheapest vodker available

7% beer, like 4 liters a day
It's cheaper than buying vodka and still gets me buzzed or drunk if I chug it fast

How do I get into high proof grain alcohol?

Same thing for me. Sometimes I'll have some bourbon or scotch but I just like the feel of a beer. Even if it's just canned crap.

My country has these 2L beer bottles
Literally called "Cheap strong beer"
Tastes meh, some brand ones are even shittier and taste like piss

What's it called if I may ask? I'd love to try and I'm open for anything.

No I mean literally, it's called "Cheap strong beer", there's no brand

3 weeks no booze. Feeling less foggy and slow.

Lost 10 pounds already.

Sorht yourselves aout.

a dui is when things went wrong for me.
>lost job
>lost gf
>lost respect of family
>lost car
>immense fines
>probation, so can't drink anymore
>drank anyways
>probation violation
>jail
>out of jail now, criminal record
don't drink and drive, haha!

Most people in al/ck/ will. There are only a few regulars I know that post here to have irreversible damage to their body.

Remember, there were a lot of old wives tales that stuck around in the health world.

>brain cells don't reproduce!
>liver can't repair itself!
>arteries stay hardened FOREVER

the body is an amazing thing and if you stay off the sauce, your body and mind WILL recover

Oh lol sorry, I'm already a little drunk.

I'm drinking Milwaukee's best, even though it's not the best they have to offer.

pretty sure i pissed in the trash can last night, not entirely sure it was piss tho

I refer to it as Milwaukee's worst.

ive pissed the bed with my gf a few times now
also had a seizure in which she had to scoop puke out of my mouth

sober 4 days.

I have constant diarreah from drinking everyday. I literally get the runs every hour. It's becoming a problem. I've shat myself 3 times this year already.

Fellow Wisconsinites?

608 here. I'm the one drinking the beast

Alcoshits are real

One of the reasons why I like to keep some buffer days in between seshs.

Lately I've been on a Wild Turkey streak. Mixes great with Coke or root beer, and is also good enough to sip on the rocks with a splash of water.

When I "cheated" and my relationship got physically and emotionally abusive. I'm not doing the hitting, I'm the one getting hit. Been drink for about a week straight now. Coming home to an empty room tonight so ill probably drink at work come home and pass out

This

Have you guys tried Jager and root beer? It actually tastes like asshole. I recommend this to people who piss me off

Only rum mixes well with root beer.

Also, if you want another ass mixture, try rum and Gatorade. Nearly undrinkable

I drank whiskey, then vodka, then I went to detox, then I got back on the liquor, now I mostly just have beer or wine with an occasional cocktail or two.

No I live in Illinois but I used to buy tall boys of Milwaukee's worst.

You're killing all the healthy bacteria in your stomach. You need to take probiotics, eat sauerkraut or kimchi, and give your intestinal flora some time to recover.

I hate that
Try not eating after you drink if possible or try eating less after

I've always been a heavyy drinker. I got into therapy this year. I'd recommend it to people that are spun.

Meirl.jpg

I bought a fifth of gin last night after work and drank a lot of it, felt like shit today for the most part. Then finished it today after work and took a lie down (and honestly felt a bit better).

But this is really bad, right? I did the math and a 750ml is 17ish drinks. But I did drink from like 5-11pm last night so it's not like it was all at once. And I didn't finish it last night. So I averaged about 2 drinks/hr last night and probably had 5 today and I did eat dinner.

Regardless it's bad, I almost went and bought some wine tonight but decided against it and am chugging water.

I'm not saying i'm a legit alcoholic but I'm really disturbed by my actions and by the fact that I wanted to buy more tonight even though I'm 100% dehydrated still.

Any advice on how to resist this?

yeah dude drink more it's easy

Get sick enough that you can't continue. Always works for me.

Well today was evidence of that working I guess.

I had some bad shits today but I'm drinking water with a probiotic tea bag in it right now which will probably have me feeling better tomorrow.

Honestly I probably have some shit to sort out, I'm just "bored" when I'm sober. I usually try to smoke weed after getting off work but I wanted to stop for a week or two so of course that means I've been drinking a lot more. It's a bad cycle and I probably should quit both for a long time (if not permanently) but at least when I'm smoking weed I feel 10x healthier, sleep well, wake up early and am in a generally better mood and mental place.

drinking through the sickness currently... trying not to go into withdrawals again. Damn this bourbon. might have to walk to the store soon.

I did that every day for almost 9 months. Stop while you're ahead. It landed me in detox twice. And jobless. And broke. I have $4 left out of almost $13k.

you have no idea what sick is... yet.

hey are you me?

Thanks dude, I hope things are going better now.
Maybe, but I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest.

Are you a loser who can't get their life together?

Start with it mixed with coke or something. Then just have it on the rocks and let the cubes melt a bit to dilute. Then just have it chilled, straight. Then just have it straight. Then repeat every day for 40 years until you piss blood out your ass.

that's me!

pic related

The paranoia? The filth? I wouldn't shower for a week sometimes. My body felt like jello. I was always itchy. I was living like an animal. I'd just puke over the side of the bed. Some nights I'd be too fucked to get into bed so I'd sleep on the floor with my back against the door. I didnt want anyone to find me

:(

Be me upper middle class earn a good living
>slam a 375 ml vodka 2 blocks from home
>drink 5-6 beers after the kids go to bed
How do I get out of this cycle /b/?
I am for sure older than most of you faggots. But really value you opinions. You have parents or friends in this situation.
>still go to all my kids stuff.
>never miss anything
Thoughts you young and old faggots

dude you ask the exact same question every single thread and it's always the exact same story

go to fucking AA or something, or give us some more interesting stories

I've been making it to the sink to puke... but yeah, same dude. I want to brush my teeth but I'll puke. I'm just barely sipping bourbon and coke to not go into serious withdrawal....

Who /vomitblood/ here?!

I'm 33 on 4/20. you sure?

anyone here also have IBS? feeling suicidal because of it and alcohol is the only way i cope

I think I do, but I can't tell because i drink so much

Either that or detox. I was in there with guys who drank a 12 pack a day. And you're family knows if youre chugging that much vodka before you go home. Fix your shit before your family starts to hate you. No one likes an alcoholic.

fuck off you baby wrong thread

>/b/

Also, I see you in every thread. Try stopping, or reside yourself to your habits. Either way, I don't care.

Not gonna sit here and argue. The dude asked for advice and I gave it

last thread Smirnoffbro said he ordered ten feet of rope and was going to kill himself when it arrived. happened just before the thread reached its limit so you guys might have missed it

what can we do to help Smirnoffbro? probably nothing right?

cheer loudly

Cheapest wine available.

>/b/
>al/ck/
>has kids
I feel really, really sorry for your kids. Stop being such a degenerate.

you need to let us know which post you're responding to in order for you to make any sense, friend

I hope you don't kill yourself, but I don't even know you and it sounds like you're killing yourself with alcohol already

I hope you don't kill yourself but you do what you gotta do. I can't imagine the pain you're in every second of your life

Oops. The guy who told me to fuck off

T. Mall drinker

This is exactly me

dude you can't help that guy... Let him die in peace. I'm going that direction too. Sorry friend.

dui didn't stop me, i almost killed my ex's kid and I'm still drinking and driving wtf

Al/ck/ pizza driver here. M-maybe I should stop.

been sober since new years but still come to these threads. honestly tho im now struggling with depression and anxiety which im finding really hard to beat even staying sober. its like i need to do proper nutrition, daily excersize, daily socializing, daily working towards goals, daily getting outdoors /sun / nature. i have to do all of these for multiple days on end before i start pulling myself out of depression sort of, but if i miss a day it starts creeping back. shits fucking exhausting desu.i miss being a teenager and being able to do nothing all day but smoke weed and play video games and be happy

I just get so bored.... I know.

currently chugging taaka straight from the bottle, I'm just tired of thinking about things and feeling shit. Just want to slip into a sort of nothiness.

This is what therapists might call "falling into complacency". By this, they mean that although you are sober, you stilll aren't truly "living". What they mean by "living", I still have no idea. It's like they think former addicts or alcoholics can just be excited or enthusiastic about life again with the snap of a finger. The truth is, after a true bout of alcoholism or addiction, it may take years to mentally recover. Physically, it might take weeks or months, but the mental part is where it gets fucked. Whether you are doing a depressant or a stimulant, when you stop, it all leads to depression without the drug. You have a lot of work to do, user. Perhaps for the rest of your life. For any alcoholic or addict there willl always be that devilish voice in the back of their head that urges them to just take a drink or a hit or a shot. It's the nature of giving in to substances and the price you have to pay for the days you have robbed from other people of their love for you. Time to give them their love back by giving love to yourself.

This guy is smart. true shit.

Quality post

The choice of true alcoholics

Is that you? Was thinking about you earlier today man, hadn't been on these threads much lately and was wondering how you were doing

sorry man I'm just sick.

I think I blew it with the most beautiful woman I will ever meet in my entire life because I got too sloppy drunk around her at a party

Then I couldn't even gain the motivation to kill myself while drunk yesterday and now I'm hungover and afraid of going to bed because I will get sleep paralysis

Fuck this I want off this ride

Is this actually true?
I've only recently started drinking at age 19 and started thinking that my brain cells won't ever repair which led to more drinking.
Mind you, it is pretty hard drinking and not just 4 standard drinks

>afraid of going to bed because I will get sleep paralysis

You'll never have the balls to kill yourself if you're scared of a little sleep paralysis.

>tfw can't get sleep paralysis anymore
I've only gotten it a few times a long time ago

>the price you have to pay for the days you have robbed from other people of their love for you

damn ive never thought of it that way but that actually makes so much sense and resonates with me and my situation so much.. thanks for this post , gonna save it.

anyone doing the withdrawal/can't sleep/death march thing right now? I haven't puked in awhile so that's good

Shit man, I thought he was going to make it as well. He said he had been dry for almost a week last I heard from him

How does that work for you? Just drink while driving? Nobody has said anything to you about it?

5 days sober

I still don't miss the booze

>gf visiting her family
>cooked me a bunch of bolognese before she left
>just bought 10 liters of Beck's and 0.7 liters of Absolut vodka, both on offer
>nice amount of weed in stock
feels good to be comfy

I had a solid poop! I'm so proud of myself.

>be me
>be 24
>drank heavily for 3 years
>get jaundiced
>legs ache
>go to ER
>liver failure, neuropathy (foot drop), and some mild encephalopathy
>ICU and hospital for a month
>rehab for 2 months
>currently live in a sober living and attend AA meetings (IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT)
>struggling with serious depression and intense anxiety, walk with a cane and foot braces, lots of muscle atrophy, should be fully mobile in half a year

Stop while you can. Get over the embarrasmeny and go to rehab. Make sober friends, try meditation, and stop isolating on Burmese currency manipulation forums.

You drank heavily for 3 years? That's it? Just 3 years to damage your health that badly?

How much were you drinking?

6 days without a drink. When I first got to the ER my kidneys were the size of grapefruits, then heading over to detox after was absolute hell on earth. the DT hallucinations were incredible (in the most horrible way). I still think about drinking every other second I'm awake, and half the time when I dreaming I can feel a bottle in my hand. Still left all my stuff at detox as well in my insane state. Gotta head up there Friday and face the people that saw me like that for goddamn sake.

Anywho...I just sit at home on Veeky Forums and listen to music, a recluse most def. That's my two cents. I never jumped in on the al/ck/ threads when I was drinking so I thought I would boot to this one.

yeah really. im at 12 or so years..

I know how good this feels
It's sounds like a stupid thing to be proud of, but having a good solid shit is one of life's underappreciated pleasures.

He must have been particularly susceptible genetically. Poor diet probably too. My great grandfathers both drank heavily for 40+ years and died in their 90s. Albeit they did get sober

welp 3.5 weeks sober down the drain, just went and bought another big bottle of vodka

If you can maintain weeks between drinks, that's still pretty good

thanks for the kinds words user

detox is a pretty relaxed place. my second bout there my stomach hurt so bad and I was so shaky that I walked out after my first night. they asked me not to because I could barely hold a pen to sign myself out. the girl looked so sad and told me to come back anytime

I walked straight into a liquor store, bought booze, and drank it on the toilet at the coffee shop next door

I feel your struggle man

These threads fuel my sobriety. It has been a long hard year, but, it took a long time to dig myself into this hole.

How do you deal with the urge to not drink?
For me, its the boredom that keeps me going back.