Why are they the only widely available ice cream brand that doesn't use stabilizers...

Why are they the only widely available ice cream brand that doesn't use stabilizers? It makes a noticeable difference in the texture.
Furthermore, knowing this, why would you buy anything else?

They don't use eggs?

Because you can get 5 times more decent enough ice cream for the same price?

why... are you eating ice cream? You lose at life.

Why would you want a "widely available" icecream brand at all?

Buy local.

They don't use carrageenan or xanthan, locust bean, or guar gum, all of which are terrible.

Aldi's Specially Selected vanilla and chocolate ice creams are really good, nice and custardy and all-natural, and they're like $4 for a large container (1.5l)

Honestly, Blue Bell is way fucking better than any of that small-carton "luxury" shit like Ben and Jerrys' or Haaen-Dazs by a country mile, and is almost store-brand levels of cheap. And if they use stabalizers, it's not noticable; unlike Breyers or Dryers, they actually fucking melt.

On a seprate note, has anybody else tried the new Blue Bunny tubs? Shit's weird. Between the consistency of ice cream and coolwhip, and with the flavor of whipped cream. It's sure as hell not ice cream, but it's also not bad.

Because I live in a place where I can buy Friendly's, faggot

Blue Bell isn't available everywhere sadly. I remember trying it when I was in the south though. Good stuff.

Realistically though any decent dairy farm will have solid ice cream. It just might be more expensive.

Bluebell is sticky and gum-laden.

Pic related contains only the ingredients listed on the front and is often on sale for like 3 dollars. It melts extremely quickly though.

Fuck, I remember this from when I was a kid and lived in the Northeast. Good fucking times

Ice cream is pleb tier dessert.

>Sticky and gum-laden
The is no fucking way you can taste or detect the preservatives in blue bell. A tub melts into a complete liquid with the consistancy and texture of heavy creme within 30 minutes of being left out.
Hell, all-natural iecream in general is a fucking gimmick. The people who like it are the same people who think french vanilla is richer than classic because French=European, and European=rich food, without ever stopping to actually ask themselves what diffrences their mouths detect when they shovel shit into it. Fuck off.

The difference between 'french' and 'classic' vanilla is dramatic and should be obvious to anyone though

Blue Bell is crappy ice cream get over it fanboy.

I was saying that classic is "richer" (more accurately, more heavily flavored; usually plebs describe french vanilla as "stronger", which is objectively false), but people assume it's the other way around. As for it being obvious, you'd be fucking surprised. Like one out of two people thing that pink and blue cotton candy are diffrent flavors. The power of suggestion holds much more sway than nuance over philistines.

Lol sorry your oh-so-speshul Southern favorite ice cream has the consistency of melted Laffy taffy bro. I'll stick with the brands that don't leave a nasty residue on my tongue, unlike your mother's vagina.

>eating any other ice cream
>caring about your body

pick one

hahaha is babby mad that the only ice cream he's ever tried is getting criticized? why don't you eat some more of your generic tasteless sticky garbage, that'll make you feel better

>not making your own ice cream

>I was saying that classic is "richer" (more accurately, more heavily flavored; usually plebs describe french vanilla as "stronger", which is objectively false)
wtf are you even talking about. French vanilla is richer and fuller-bodied due to the use of eggs. 'Classic' is a lighter and simpler flavor.

>stevia
Noncaloric sweeteners are shit. Fuck off with your meme creme.

I will never understand half-assed 'health food' versions of inherently indulgent things like ice-cream. It's not meant to be a regular part of your diet to begin with, why would you opt for compromise on the occasion you do splurge?

>people who don't want to slurp up a big pile of carageenan and dextrose are plebs!!
Also did you write "creme" because you know it's not actually cream or what? Sort of like twinkies have "creme" filling...

because it tastes just as good as regular ice cream at 1/4 the calories

>it tastes just as good as regular ice cream
lol keep believing this if it makes you feel better,

Makes my body feel better

Not a fanboy, but I've tried everything on the fucking market and nothing comes close. Actually name one quality that has nothing to do with ingridiants that another brand does better, and I'll be impressed.
For example, for vanillas,
>Blue Bell (Homemade): Has a a rich and complex flavor which wmbodies the entire potential of vanilla extract, coupled with an ideal texture (although the latter's actually pretty easy to achive with icecream, so the bar's pretty low)
>Adam's Best=very singular and pungant, pretty much an advertisment for their vanilla extract, from what I understand
>Ben and Jerry's=relatively bland, anthough with a great texture; there's a reason they try to mask their shit with flurries of chocolate shards
>Hagaan-Dazs=better, more diverse flavor than BnJ's, but only slightly so; slightly creamer texture, but that's really a matter of personal taste
>Dreyers=Suffers from the same problems (to a lesser extent) as Adam's best, coupled with way shittier, shaving-cream-esque texture
Baskin-Robbins: Basically Hagaan-Dazs
>Turkey hill=flavor simmilar to Adam's Best, but don't remember the texture offhand
>Breyers=lol
I'm not saying Blue Bell is somehow amazing, just that it is about what should be expected from ice cream, and everything else manages to be either moderately sup-par and/or massively overpriced.

American generally uses more vanilla than real french vanilla icrecream and its more accurate recreations, which is what people's perceptions tend to invert, but yeah, the "richer" was a mistake. Similarly, people tend to think that the "little black dots" are in french vanilla when they try to recall the two, probably because it seems fancy.

Health aside, ingredients don't matter, taste and texture do. They can be correalated if one goes of the deep end to cut costs (I mean, look at Breyer's), but that's not the case unless you go way fucking overboard.

Movie aside faggots, GOAT coming through.

To be fair the texture is way fucking off. It's pretty good if you sell it to yourself as shaved ice or some shit, though. Then again, I've only had the lemon shortbread, so take my word with a grain of salt.

mmm love that shit

>"decent enough"

an IV connected to bags of HFCS and "milk product substitute" would be "decent enough" to you, amerifat

Great flavors, but processed to hell and back. Honestly, right below Breyers on a scale from shaving-to-heavy cream

Not only are you a fanboy, but you've now displayed that you have no idea what makes good ice cream.

>artificial sweeteners
>caring about your body

Pick again, fatso.

What does, if not being firm-yet-creamy, with strong, multi-facited flavors?

Oregonfag here.

Tillamook and Umpqua used to be really good local brands.

They're shit now. It's very disappointing. They pumped them full of additives and eating it reminds me of eating spoonfuls of frozen whipped cream.

>Baskin-Robbins: Basically Hagaan-Dazs
are you just making this shit up at random

BR is some of the lowest of the low. That shit doesn't even melt completely

the texture is pretty weird. But if you eat it slowly from the outside as it melts it's perfectly fine. Gotta give up something

>eating 1/2 your TDEE in one sitting
>not being fat

>Gotta give up something
Or you could just exercise moderation and enjoy real delicious icecream

Did they change the recipie or some shit? Back in they day, I remember that shit melting halfway before me and my trillion fucking brothers got the chance to leave the store. Then again I haven't had it in years. For the record, same goes for Dreyers and Adam's best, but I really doubt they've miraculously improved.

No BR has been slathered in additives since the beginning of time. I'ts always been the McDonalds of icecream.

I bet you're one of the faggots that voted on the test panel that changed Breyers from legally Ice Cream to Frozen Treat

I'll be nice I guess and explain the difference between mediocre/bad ice cream and good ice cream.

Here's a list of ingredients for some Blue Bell flavor:

>milk, cream, sugar, HFCS, corn syrup, natural and artificial flavors, cellulose gum, carrageenan, vegetable bean gum, natural and artificial colors.

Now here's Haagen Dazs:

>Milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, natural flavors

People might complain about the weird texture that additives give to ice cream, but that's really the minor drawback to pumping ice cream full of gums. When the ice cream is mixing, it takes in air which is held in and suspended by those gums unlike real ice cream. This gives it a whipped consistency that, to someone who knows what real ice cream is like, is very off-putting.

Don't believe me? Do a comparison by weight. Blue Bell is full of air. I have a lot of experience with these additives. You can't avoid it. As far as flavor goes... any decent brand of ice cream has good flavors. That's clearly a preference thing... hence you being a fanboy.

The air added during churning is called "overrun" and it's present in every ice cream, not just ones pumped full of stabilizers. The amount of overrun categorizes ice creams into quality segments, from "super premium" to "economy", with less overrun being better.

>it's present in every ice cream

To an extent, yes. Stabilizers, especially xanthan and guar gums, cause much more air to get trapped in the ice cream. You can't really even mix those additives thoroughly into any liquid without them taking on significant volumes of air.

Blue Bell is trash. It tastes like sugar water.

>>eating 1/2 your TDEE in one sitting

how about not getting in the habit of regularly eating a pint of fucking ice cream in one fucking sitting, yokozuna?

If you're not going over your TDEE, I don't see the issue. There's a reason intermittent fasting is a fairly effective diet for weightloss, it's really hard to eat 2000+ calories at once.

this is deflection and you know it user. Nobody with an ounce of self control eats a pint of fucking ice cream.

Aren't you guys talking about Halo Top? A pint of traditional ice cream would be pretty bad, that's a lot of sugar.

>ingredients don't matter, taste and texture do
Ingredients are what determine the texture you fucking chimp

so is anyone gonna answer OP's question or just keep posting the shit brands he specifically said he didn't want

it's self control. it doesn't matter if it's halo top which is full of artificial sweeteners or the real thing. if your of the mentality that it's "OK" to just sit down and spoon a pint of frozen confection down your fat gullet, then it doesn't really matter what the actual impact on your TDEE is because you will more likely than not have shit eating habits that make the whole calorie tracking thing moot anyways

It was answered in the second post. How many premium brands of something do you expect there to be?

It's like asking why aren't there more brands of handcrafted artisanal kettle cooked potato crisps? Why do people buy Lays and Pringles?

It does matter, sugar is terrible for you, literally every food guide around the world tell you this.

Halo Top has really good macros. You could eat it for breakfast.

I don't know what you mean by "eating habits" but I'd wager calories have a lot more impact on your weight.

Actually a Veeky Forumsard. I don't eat ice cream often, so when I do I make sure it's good.

What do you guys think about Halo Top? It's probably the least unhealthy thing out there. I really like it and it doesn't knock me out of ketosis. afaik it's only available in the US and Australia. Canada might have it but I don't think they do.

>tfw they don't sell this in Australia

I lived in the Philippines for 3 years and it was amazing because they just import every possible food/drink from America and Europe, I would go back just for that

>Aldi's Specially Selected vanilla and chocolate ice creams are really good
gonna have to try those

Ive been looking in Canada for some keto ice cream, but ive never heard or seen this before.

It's not really 'keto' because it's low in fat. It's also low in carbs so it's hard to knock you out of keto.

Cost.

Well fucking obviously, read the entire post next time.

fat woman/ woman who thinks she's fat detected.

Because they're expensive as fuck where i I live

Blue Bell hasn't been good in a long time, Texfriend.

HEB store brand is literally better and cheaper than blue bell

They sell it at Albertsons for $2.50

wait what the fuck, how do you have 3 grams more fat, 16 grams more protein, and 14 grams more carbs, and wind up with the same amount of calories?

How much are you eating that it would make a noticeable difference in your diet? If you eat a pint of ice cream every week, which is pretty reasonable, you'd be saving maybe 200 calories a week, which isn't anything worth eating substitution shit over. If you eat so much ice cream that this affects your daily intake, maybe you should just stop eating so much fucking ice cream

they don't actually perform chemical analysis on foods, they take the ingredients, look them up in a big chemicals handbook and multiply their values by weight.
This is how they determine that a food has 240 calories per serving, they don't actually go to the trouble of dehydrating it and burning it to see how many degrees it can heat a thimble of water .

gum is extremely noticeable in ice cream and makes it terrible

I actually agree that it's one of the best out there, but figured no one would no what it was. They're the ones who have the deluxe selection which includes 1854 vanilla or whatever, right?

40g of "carbs" comes from fiber and sugar alcohols. those are excluded from the calorie total.

for you

so nah?

I eat a lot of ice cream. I love the stuff and have no control. I'll eat an entire half gallon in one go before I know what happened. I also run 7 minute miles and am much, much, stronger than you. Just cause a fucker likes junk food doesn't mean they don't have their life together...

>user's mom gonna leave a nasty residue on my tongue
>better lick it anyway

lol okay

>I also run 7 minute miles and am much, much, stronger than you

>cardio
>strength

pick one you twink fuccboi
DYEL

you're fucking retarded. you do get off the sugar addiction by subbing artificial sweeteners. that just enables you to continue your addiction. learn to fucking life balance and then you won't need to eat pints of this fake garbage to sate your incessant cravings.

Man I love ice cream but I need to watch my diet...

>I also run 7 minute miles and am much, much, stronger than you.

All that matters are the tiny blood vessels feeding your heart. If those get clogged, it doesn't matter how fast or strong you are, you're room temp.