Why are there no women chefs?

Why are there no women chefs?

The majority of Veeky Forums is female, and there are plenty skillful women chefs

Case in point. Women are useless and soulless attention seeking cunts who pretend to like things for attention. Makes sense that they'd shit up this sort of cooking forum.

Yes but at the highest level it is all men. I thought women were supposed to be good at cooking? What are they doing sitting at home all day? Kinda raises some questions

Playing with their tits and their ass at the same time.

Men are more ambitious. But there are also top level female chefs

does anyone else hate women? i wish i was gay

>hate women
>I wish I was attracted to women
Really makes you think

If there are, they usually specialize in patisseries.

3 stars.
But yes, women mostly go into pastry

>The majority of Veeky Forums is female
This meme needs to end.

First time i've heard it.
Obviously bait.

Not a meme. Objectively true

their hands are slightly warmer than men and it disturbs the food

It's probably true.

because being a chef means you need to be able to run a kitchen and pragmatically organize orders and staff
women just cry and storm out because they LITERALLY JUST CANT RIGHT NOW! when they end up in the weeds

Then you need to lurk more.

Just stop.

/cgl/ and Veeky Forums are right next to each other, bruh. Think about it.

Post feet.

Where the fuck do you live? My last chef was female and shortly she left the sous was female too. Both of them would get their hands dirty as much if not more so than the senior cooks. No one in the kitchen gives a damn what genitals you have so long as you don't either.

Just because you're a weak man raised by weak women doesn't mean that all women are as mindless as the woman who raised you. You've clearly never worked under an alphabitch in a restaurant.

Anyways, you guys forgot about Giada and Cat Cora.

what about laura in the kitchen.

i would have sex with her

no no no, you see...women are physically incapable of handling stressful situations logically as well as me. This is a combination of estrogen as well as the size of the corpus callosum in the female brain

Tell that to the waitress i didn't tip the other day.
Oh fucking boy was i laughing; she looked like she was going to cry.

>muh strong women
know how women feel the need to use a qualifier by specifically saying they are strong
I'm a strong woman! my mom was a strong woman!

women need to make a point to say it. Men are strong by default

What?

Reminder that people on this board who are unnecessarily hostile come from tumblr and are trying to be in epic screencaps of this board that circulate there.

20 year old waitress just trying to make some money to put herself through college =/= woman who has made a career in the restaurant industry and actually desires to be there and actually cooks

Usually women who make a point to say "I am a strong independent woman" are only fooling themselves on the matter. It's usually SJW's trying to promote feminism when the modern feminist movement is literally cancer to women because it perpetuates that women are fragile by nature ("mansplaining" for example) when this only pertains to the feminists themselves. Although, men are strong by stereotype but this is not always the reality. I would argue that men are emotionally weak for hiding their feelings until they all boil over and said man decides to go into your kitchen and break all your IKEA dishes screaming like a blue butted baboon on the Discovery channel. But that's just my experience.

The heat of a kitchen is bad for baby

>REEEEE women belong in the kitchen! Make me a sammich!
>Why are there no female chefs?

Pick one

women can cook, but they can't chef. There's a difference

Susan Boyle

Wrong, pastry normally goes into them.

Patriarchy

I do this.

It's really not true. Veeky Forums is easily more men, but this board also does hold a higher female percentage than most other boards.

posts like this are the reason this board is dying

Isn't it obvious? Women are subhuman. Men are better at everything. Duh.

The majority of the Veeky Forums challenge winners have been female. As well as t h e organizers.

no, it isn't, and no, there aren't.

there literally are not. women can NOT handle the demanding pace of a restaurant.

they're not mentally built for it. period.

have you ever in your life interacted with a woman, specifically to a mother of multiple children?

lol, that's the dumbest shit i've ever read..

have you ever been to r9k?

and have you ever been around any strong women long enough to see how they operate? the TRULY strong women will never make it a point to convey their strength. a truly strong woman never bitches or complains, they just get shit done.

I thought there were plenty female chefs.

if you ever find yourself as kitchen staff, you will quickly learn how incompetent women are.

>My last chef...
What is exception to the rule?

All BoH women I've worked with end up quitting or being leads. Never inbetween. They're either exceptions or exceptional.

It's a hellish slog working in/managing kitchens and it leaves no room for having a life. It's like working on the oil rigs, why are there no women there? Because it's the exact opposite of everything a woman prioritizes.

It's not that women can't make it as chefs, it just isn't worth the sacrifices to the vast majority of them.

If you want to understand why women act the way they do in the workforce, look up "Jordan Peterson - Women In High Paying Jobs"

>What is exception to the rule
Stupidest fucking thing I've heard all day

That's idiotic. My chief of prep is a woman and my anchor grill cook is a woman. Neither one of them get flustered when they're in the shit.
I did have to fire one woman for walking off the line but she was a jangly drug-addict.

Shut the fuck up. You don't have anything to contribute to this conversation.

>>/pol/

kinda
I had a conversation about this with Sara Moulton. VIA cheftalk. Years ago.

I know a guy who used to work on oil rigs. On paper, it might have some appeal to someone with zero education and zero other options (maybe a convicted sex criminal or something like that). The number of deaths and maimings seems way out of line for the compensation, especially considering that most of those guys spend it all on hookers and blow when they're on shore because "every day might be my last"

Probably the reason women don't flock to those jobs is they don't want to get gang raped and then have it covered up by management, there's a reason why women are flocking to tech and it's not because "the social justice warriors are in league with the jews to take muh safe space away" like /g/ believes

lol I think you meant /gif/, not /jews/
I mean /g/
I mean ... GTFO
You don't work in the industry, so stop guessing.

>I know a guy who
>waah waah you don't know what it's like
But that's what I said, idiot
Don't you have a hooker to be beating or something?

This

because instead of pursuing a career a lot of them have to take care of children you retard

I'm looking.
Not quite sure how to go about employment cooking on a man made island.

>in this thread butthurt women
Can't you just go fix your hair or something? instead of replying to this thread?

I'm actually looking for a oil rig/alaska/antarctica job cooking.
Please, if you have an "in", get at me.

lol wut?
GTFO

I know how to get along with people. That's what is needed.

The kitchen and front-end staff would hurt their fee-fees

It's like when /pol/ ends up on /po/

Eugenie Brazier was the first woman to earn 3 Michelin stars, and the only Chef man or woman to hold 6 simultaneous Michelin stars. She mentored many great Chefs including Chef of the Century Paul Bocuse whose life inspired the Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille.

Other than Eugenie Brazier I can't think of a notable Female Chef that has existed anywhere, at any time.

Cora is dyke filth, essentially a man and Giada is Hollywood royalty Billionaire Heiress money who learned to cook out of boredom. Literally no other reason. She's a TV host, with no restaurants, businesses or otherwise associated with food. She was a means through which Foodnetwork gainen a male audience with flip-floppin' titty shots and subliminal sexual innuendos. All her cookbooks are ghostwritten filth.

I love how even asking a question these days is construed as sexist

Fuckin leftist retards

Probably the same reason most college professors are men. Women (if married) aren't typically the bread winners, and their jobs are more supplemental income. From the ones I've talked with, they're pretty okay with not putting their entire life into their job

>ask a question as a pretext to shitpost about your discomfort around women
>waah the leftists
MGTOW is the answer, the problem is you can't transcend desire

Because becoming a top-level chef involves a multi-year hazing where you work 80+ grueling hours a week for poverty wages for years while your $60k CIA student loan gathers interest.

A better question would be why so many fields that you're not an idiot for getting into, like computer science, actuary and dentistry, have so few women.

Women are inherently lazy. This is taken to the extreme when they're mildly attractive. This is the reason you only see ugly women in a working kitchen

id put the stones to to Brooke and Casey from Top Chef

Pretty sure she's got at least one restaurant on the Vegas strip

0 clue about its value

>ITT incel wundervirgins vent their insecurities about the opposite sex, so long as it's tangentially cooking related

>Why are there no women chefs?

I'm 28 and married and my wife fucking can't fry eggs sunny side up. In fact, before her, the last 3 women I've seriously dated couldn't cook to save their lives.

IMO, modern white women are so fucking spoiled they've lost all of the skills their mothers & grandmothers used to have.

The millenial feminist white girl snowflake...
> Can't do what men do today
> Can't do what women did yesterday

>IMO, modern white women are so fucking spoiled they've lost all of the skills their mothers & grandmothers used to have.
Please don't take your american bullshit out on the actually white women.

There are tons of women chefs? What are you talking about?

>I'm 28 and married and my wife fucking can't fry eggs sunny side up

Should have married a nice Asian or Latnia girl. They treat you right, unlike fucking self centered 'Merican women. And you can bet your ass they can fucking cook up a 5 course dinner.

Literally all of my college professors were women and 60% of the college population was female.

It's not a meme if it's true, dawg.

>IMO, modern white women are so fucking spoiled they've lost all of the skills their mothers & grandmothers used to have.

lol. Niggers can have all the fucking spoiled white princesses and deal with their laziness.

I got me a nice pinay who loves to do home stuff. It's fucking adorable how excited she gets cooking new dishes for me.

You know women, not made for the kitchen.

I'm from rural canada, everyone goes to work on the oil rigs, me, women, mums and dads. Don't know where you're from, but that's the way it works here.

Retard.

Computer science major here, my classes are about 60% male and 40% female. In my experience, the women are usually smarter because they have something to prove.

>who is Nigella Lawson

I'm in dental school right now, our 1st year class has 25 women and 10 men. I don't know what you're talking about.

Listen up Veeky Forums Virgins.

This guy gets it.

>Nigella Lawson
not a chef? a chef is a professional cook that leads a team of other cooks in a restaurant. yo don't get to be a chef just cause you've been on tv or the newspaper

What kind of Veeky Forums virgin fag actually thinks they'll find a nice little white girl wifey that will cook and make a great mother????

lol

The fucking virgins on this board are hilarious.

>>who is Nigella Lawson

All the great female chefs out there, Alice Waters, Liz Falker, and you pick a fucking celebrity tv show chef.

kek

>What kind of Veeky Forums virgin fag actually thinks they'll find a nice little white girl wifey that will cook and make a great mother????

Nobody. Try to keep up with the thread.

I stopped falling for the gf meme a long time ago so not a chance.

I'm studying computer science, stats, and dentistry, and my classes only have female students (me included). better think twice before you make an outrageous claim sweetie!

You're either a cuck or a grill

Which is it?

This.
My grandmother makes god-tier food.
Brb, calling her up and telling her that.

The majority of Veeky Forums is female

laughed

here's the answer for why there's no female chefs. any woman who can cook is too busy shitposting here. any guy who can cook is too busy working minimum wage washing dishes. ck is only populated by females who HAVE to blog somewhere and McChicken posters

There are a lot compared to most boards, but it's not the majority

Over 50%

proofs?