M-MUH PEASANTS

M-MUH PEASANTS

probably because there was 90% peasant population, you idiot.

M-MUH FRANCOFAG URISTACRAS

>muh peasant life is the only one that's pure
>muh Shakespeare was a hack because he loved life and people
>muh I realized sex was bad, immoral and evil at the exact moment my advanced age made my dick stop working after a lifetime of debauchery and sexual indulgence

>muh love everyone
>continues to fight with wife and runs away
>dies on a train

WEW LAD

>muh preaching for an impossible and pathetic ideal of pacifism and self-renunciation i never actually practice, literally dying like the day after i resolve to finally get off my ass and try

did you know this mother fucker could do 30 pull-ups right before his death

Don't doubt it.

I'm not kidding, wrote that he was fit as fuck

swole af

Muh mujiks

>that nose
WE

based as fuck

Can anyone recommend me how to start with Tolstoy? Do I read The Death of Ivan Ilyich -> Anna -> W&P ?

War and Peace before Anna, at least that's how I preferred it

he fled his aristocracy, preached love and nonviolence to the passengers on the train until he got sick from pneumonia and was taken to someone's house where he died.

Read the Cossacks first. Then some history on the invasion of 1812. Then war and peace. Then Dostoyevsky. Then AK. And boom, you're now a man.

Reeee why are all you being mean to Based Tolstoy he's literally the best writer of all time and correct about literally everything reeeeee

>tfw just finished Hadji Murat recently
he perfectly predicted how Russian incursions into the Caucauses will always bite them back

He predicted the whole rigamarole circus in the first and second Chechen wars that happened 80 years after his death.

Fascinating novella

I started with Family Happiness and I believe that's the way to do it.

He's just Dostoevsky's pampered and superficial counterpart

turgenev and even someone as mediocre as chekhov have an actual understanding of the peasantry in russia. tolstoy has a juvenile, patronizing attitude for them that he cloaks in his crap moralisms and bad prose. he's tolerable when he's writing about the pettiness of the petty bourgeois but still a garbage writer.

Do any of you people realize how retarded you sound writing shit like muh? God you're like clones.