I have stage iv pancreatic cancer and 6 months to live

I have stage iv pancreatic cancer and 6 months to live

what can i read in order help me feel less sad?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms
bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-atm-bombers/
nativetimes.com/index.php/life/commentary/5149-heyoka-a-man-taller-than-his-shadow
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8805184
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

seneca

Prajñāpāramitā Sūtra

The Bible

That sucks, man.

Meditations, my friend.

the death of ivan ilych

Nigga you got 6 months carte blanche to do whatever the fuck you want, don't waste it on stupid words. Rob a bank, travel across the globe, get fucked up on drugs or something, what you have to lose

Are these threads for real? If I know I have cancer why the heck would I ever turn on my computer

His freedom, his dignity, his mind.

>yfw you realize everyone including you is dying all of the time, just at different rates
life doesn't radically change ever user

he will lose all of that in six months regardless

God is waiting for him

top kek

Go fuck women OP.

1. can't really be assed
2. i don't feel that great (although pretty good considering i have 6 months atm)
3. things are pretty chaotic atm, also i have treatments planned. which probs wont be successful, still it's not as easy as just fucking off somewhere

Nah I'm going to the Flying Spaghetti Monster :^)

but made me feel happy when i wasn't terminally ill

that never*

Read nothing but the bible everyday

Move bac to your parents and be close to your mom

Molloy Malone Dies the Unnamable

My diary desu

Try writing something instead, you faggot.

How old are you?

Everybody Poops obviously.

Joyce's short stories, Kafka's short stories, I dunno.

hardly anyone my age gets this kind of cancer fuck this gay earth

>le fuck women
>le travel the world
rofl @ anyone suggesting shit like this

Hope you pull through, lad

What treatments are you doing btw?

you could do a shit ton of hallucinogens, that's what i'd do.

chemotherapy. probably, i may yet opt out. considering euthanasia

what ill probably do is wait and see if i have a miraculous response to chemo, if not, then an hero

this i do plan on

I was in the same position as you last year. I found that the Death of Ivan Ilych was a good book. It might be hard to accept but dying wasn't as bad as I thought in the end and I don't even notice it anymore.

dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms
Like 24 or 25 mins in. One of the leading cancer and stem cells guys I studied under scoffed at a bunch of research around this though, but it might be worth doing. It's meant to make you feel significantly less shit on chemo.

Oh god im 27. Now im gonna be paranoid about cancer. I need to stop drinking and smoking. Godspeed, user. If I were you, I would save up some hardcore painkillers, like maybe dilaudid if you can get it. Stay alive as long as you can enjoy things. When you feel like the worse is coming, down a bottle of those bad boy with some scotch or whatever you like to drink. And make sure to lay on your side or stomach so you don't choke on your own vomit in case you puke. That wouldn't be a good way to go. But an opioid death would be blissful.

what are you most bummed out you won't get to do?

Fag

>Rob a bank
>spend the last 6 months of your life being raped by bbc

Youth cancers are either genetic or flukes so I wouldn't worry about it. It takes a long time to get cancer effects from drinking/smoking.

Much love OP

the things that i enjoy again and again. don't have a bucket list desu. worst thing is it's such a rich and varied world and i want to see how things progress, and be part of the journey with my loved ones. oh well this will be forgotten soon, i try to just see myself as already dead.

did it hurt?

i did used to be fat, but only for a brief period and i can't help but think this is a bit of a fluke. like 1 in 2 million my age get this kind of cancer

bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-atm-bombers/

You won't feel sad anymore if you just kill yourself right now.

i'm too scared

I hate normalfags so fucking much

it's time to go back

Go donate to a sperm bank that way a piece of you lives on.

"Cancer is a foe which many believe is impossible to defeat, yet some of our fearless Heyoka have faced and defeated cancer, Joe Eagle Elk and my son as well as others in the past. In western society, most doctors would have given up, telling the patient that cancer is incurable."

Look at the path of the Heyoka,

nativetimes.com/index.php/life/commentary/5149-heyoka-a-man-taller-than-his-shadow

>too scared

Why are you wasting what little time you have left memeposting on Veeky Forums? Is this how you want to spend your last waking moments? Faggot.

I'd say that if you really take stock, you'll realise that there's quite a lot of life that fits into 25 years. Everyone misses out on the future beyond their death. Focus on what you didn't miss out on. Some trees grow tall, some grow short, they're trees all the same. Life is what it is.

>they're trees all the same
Unless they're bushes.

i dont really give a fuck. as i say this will all be forgotten soon. i have no real taste for hedonism right now, although i did when i was alive, that was kind of my way of celebrating life. i'm not going to be that fag who pretends theres anything worth celebrating in the midst of pancreatic cancer. if i wanna spend my last days loafing around being miserable maybe reading a book or two i'll do that

this one may be more helpful than you think lol

I'm hesitant to read more than the bit of Genesis I've read as I feel like it's all been altered by the evil Jew.

thanks

words like these are mildly comforting

thing im bummed out about though is he prospect of immortality soon and just missing the boat on that

Hey it's probably no great comfort, but you can be happy you got the chance to live at all.

"Wisdom of Near Death Experiences: How Understanding NDEs Can Help Us Live More Fully" by Penny Sartori
You might not believe in it, but it isn't religious and it really helped me through after passing of someone very dear to me. It may not give 100% proof, but is still really convinsing scientifically.

as opposed to..all those people who didnt get a chance to live?

>begin bummed out by this thread and feeling sorry for you
>realize you're a redpiller

You could have at least posted a frog in the OP so I wouldn't have had to waste valuable emotions on your situation

Just get a Vietnamese child's pancreas like Steve Jobs did.

Das Man is strong in this thread

what about the liver, lung and spine spread....

I won't lie, you will be very much more Vietnamese than you were before.

Ok, new plan.

Pretend you don't have cancer, write a book about the last few months of your life as you knowingly commit to killing yourself in the next 6 months as some protest against reality itself. The human element and the fact you actually do kill yourself as you claim will make it compelling and you will live on as a bestseller for 20 something faggots in Starbucks across the world for all eternity or at least 20-30 years.

fight it you mong

have seen lots of people online saying theyre going to 'fight' their pancreatic cancer

always ends the same

What's the implication here?

spend a week in Santos, SP, BR with me user

If you want to know what a young lad thought and wrote months before dying of cancer, read Mars - Fritz Zorn. It will probably not make you feel less sad though.

>Have cancer
>Not dead yet
>Not drunk as fuck or high out of your mind
Nigga, what the fuck?

Stoics is the best. For you and for everyone.
It sucks that you got that bad luck but at least you are free now. You really have nothing to lose. Im not saying that you should go crazy and ttravel the world but do what would make you happy. Sell the stuff you dont need, get a parttime job, ask for a credit dunno, whatever, and spend your last 6 months smoking weed and listening to the smiths if that makes you happy, go bang 3 different hari colored whores at the same time, throw a coin form the top of the talles building you can find. Fuck off from this board, don't waste your time here. Unless thats what makes you happy.

O N E O F U S
N
E
O
F
U
S

>To comprehend the whole world together in thy mind, and the whole course of this present age to represent it unto thyself, and to fix thy thoughts upon the sudden change of every particular object. How short the time is from the generation of anything, unto the dissolution of the same; but how immense and infinite both that which was before the generation, and that which after the generation of it shall be. All things that thou seest, will soon be perished, and they that see their corruptions, will soon vanish away themselves. He that dieth a hundred years old, and he that dieth young, shall come all to one.

- Marcus Aurelius

>When death appears as an evil, we ought immediately to remember that evils may be avoided, but death is necessity. For what can I do, or where can I fly from it?

>Where shall I fly from death? Show me the place; show me the people to whom I may have recourse, whom death doth not overtake. Show me the charm to avoid it If there be none, what would you have me do? I cannot escape death; but cannot I escape the dread of it ? Must I die trembling and lamenting? For the origin of the disease is wishing for something that is not obtained.

- Epictetus

Read the Moral Discourses of Epictetus.

Good and evil lie only in our choices. What is out of our control is neither good nor bad, but indifferent. Death is out of our control, therefore it is indifferent. Moreover, it is inevitable.

While what happens to us, such as illness and death, is out of our control, our reactions to those things are under our control. Is it ever enjoyable to be afraid, anxious or depressed? No. Is it ever even useful? No. You must die, but you don't have to die depressed. That at least is in your power.

>"For it is not death or pain that is to be feared; but the fear of pain or death."

I'm sorry my dude, that's what my dad had, except it was weeks and not months. Read your Dante, Milton, and so on, but also make sure you hit up some Chinese poetry: Tao Qian, Hanshan, Du Fu, Li Bo, read the Analects and the Daodejing. I think people could forgive >reading translated poetry in this case.

It's pancreatic cancer, after a certain point he'll be in such pain that makes getting out of bed a struggle. Try loading that fucker on a plane for skydiving.

he died weeks after diagnosis? for how long was he symptomatic?

feels bad man, feel like the cancer is kind of toying with me the fact i'm in no noteworthy pain now

>but you sit trembling, for fear this or that should happen; and lamenting, and mourning, and groaning at what doth happen; and then you accuse the gods. For what is the consequence of such a meanspiritedness, but impiety? and yet God hath not only granted us these faculties, by which we may bear every event without being depressed or broken by it; but, like a good prince, and a true father, hath rendered them incapable of restraint, compulsion, or hindrance, and entirely dependent on our own pleasure: nor hath he reserved a power, even to him" self, of hindering or restraining them. Having these things free, and your own, will you make no use of them, nor consider what you have received, nor from whom? but sit groaning and lamenting, some of you, blind to him who gave them, and not acknowledging your benefactor; and others, basely turning yourselves to complaints and accusations of God?

He was complaining about pain for something like three months before that, but in your 60s any pain can be anything and it was assumed it was his chronic back pain so it went like that for a while, 2 months into that he didn't want to be doing anything physical, and then one night it was so bad we took him in, he was there for two weeks and that was that. It's a bitch but I suppose not as bad as the alternative of dragging it out over a long time and just withering.
So if you really want to do all that cliche mountain climbing seizing the day type stuff now would be the time to do it.

op, good stuff

thanks

this

This.

He should be spending the rest of his time on Veeky Forums blaming women, Jews and nonwhites for his predicament

it got me thru some tough times after a suicide attempt

What does it feel like having a deadline set?
Jokes aside, you should read the fall from camus. It's fun to read and short.

pretty shit

like the worst thing ever

like i thought failing exams was bad

not really sure how i'm coping

Now i feel bad about the pun.
I'd like to maybe write with you from time to time, if you don't mind, care to give me an email adress? I'd like to talk to someone who nears death.

>A Moveable Feast
>Dubliners
>Marcus Aurelius
>Seneca
>Epictetus
>The Idiot
>Death of Ivan Ilich

I died as mineral and became a plant,
I died as plant and rose to animal,
I died as animal and I was human,
Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?
Yet once more I shall die human,
To soar with angels blessed above.
And when I sacrifice my angel soul
I shall become what no mind ever conceived.
As a human, I will die once more,
Reborn, I will with the angels soar.
And when I let my angel body go,
I shall be more than mortal mind can know.

Try a heroic dose of psilocybin

This is interesting.

Once upon a time there was a number
Pure and round like the sun
But alone very much alone

It began to reckon with itself

It divided multiplied itself
It subtracted added itself
And remained always alone

It stopped reckoning with itself
And shut itself up in its round
And sunny purity

Outside were left the fiery
Traces of its reckoning

They began to chase each other through the dark
To divide when they should have multiplied themselves
To subtract when they should have added themselves

That's what happens in the dark

And there was no one to ask it
To stop the traces
And to rub them out.

The cancer has spread to his brain.

A dream cum true

well it was written by Jews friend
altered though? Probably not meaningfully, the intended interpretation of the text is still in tact. James R White is cool to listen to on this topic

So the guy posting warosu.org/lit/thread/S8805184 threads is now pretending to have cancer? Wow.

huh? What does that have to do with my post?

Just curious, how old were your parents when they had you?

Just the (now deleted) post you replied to is the same guy/ip. They were pruned at the same time.

Maybe it will now

how do you know its the same ip?

I'm not explaining Veeky Forums to you proxy boy.

>this gets 100 replies
>people not recognizing these threads
It's just a retarded hypochondriac whoring for attention

although at this point I'm not sure if it's still him or if people have co-opted his shitty threads for free replies

Almost surely Immortality isn't something you would have gotten anyway. It's farther than pop-sci wants you to think.

Read all of David Foster Wallace's works this way you'll be lulled into dying and will accept it with open arms.