I have milk in my tea Veeky Forums, so what?

I have milk in my tea Veeky Forums, so what?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/ejcn/journal/v57/n3/full/1601572a.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can milk my T whenever you want ;)

implying you didn't make this thread because you wanted to show off your gay little anime mug
fuck off back to deviantart

I forgot about that

>anime
it's vocaloid you meme loving fuck

> you forgot the greentext arrows

the superior way of drinking tea, heck I use to even do that with green tea (and honey)

i want a cute novelty mug, but the graphics never survive washing because they're cheap chinese printed crap, or the mug is so small I need 2 of them to hold my morning coffee.

Hand wash that shit nigga

Greentext would not have been appropriate for that post, newfag.

Cool mug - where'd you get it from?

I don't even have a dishwasher, I handwash everything and the graphics on novelty graphic mugs never last unless they're mass manufactured crap with glazed on graphics, which means no anime for meeeee

Is there supposed to be something odd or wrong with milk in tea?

It's the standard in my country.

nature.com/ejcn/journal/v57/n3/full/1601572a.html
Completely nullifies a subset of its health benefits.

Most American dairy is full of chemicals that are banned in virtually every other country

If you can get some organic shit from a local farm, sure, but most dairy people get is horrible and they'd benefit from eliminating it from their diets.

>Be British, from lower class background
>Parents literally only drink teabagged tea with milk and sugar
>They LITERALLY can't understand why anyone would use loose leaf tea
>Whenever they see me making tea they make comments
>''oh the leaf chief is at it again''
>when autumn started they hid all my tea leaf boxes in a tree outside and watched me climb up to get it while laughing that the leaves would fall out of the tree by themselves
>literally too stupid to realise how pleb they are with their milk and bags tea
>always refuse to let me make them tea without a bag

Just let sleeping dogs lie.
To be fair to them, once you add shit-tons of sugar and milk, you really can't taste the difference between good tea and bad tea and that's why the whole practice started.

>nature.com/ejcn/journal/v57/n3/full/1601572a.html

Maybe I'm being an idiot, but it sounds like the oxalate isn't good and you don't want to be absorbing it and that milk is actually helping here.

>A high oxalate uptake from the diet is thought to play a role in hyperoxaluria, a documented risk factor in the formation of calcium oxalate kidney stones (Noonan & Savage, 1999).
>Therefore, people with an increased risk for calcium oxalate stone formation are commonly advised to avoid consuming oxalate-rich foods
>Consumption of tea without milk has been shown to increase urinary oxalate concentrations (Brinkley et al, 1990; Finch et al, 1981).
> If black tea is taken with added milk or is consumed with calcium-containing meals then less oxalate will be absorbed as some soluble oxalate extracted from the tea leaves will bind to calcium and continue down the digestive tract without being absorbed (Massey, 2000).

I have my dick in your mom, so what?

>''oh the leaf chief is at it again''

>Oh the leaf chief is at it again
Top kek. 10/10 family

if oxalate binds with calcium and doesn't get absorbed, you'll get stones in your peepee

Historically speaking, tea purism only came about with Zen Buddhism. Influential monks at developmental stages of the philosophy were sticklers for simplicity, especially in their tea.

Before then tea was treated like any other medicinal herb, mixed with everything else under the sun for maximum chi blitzing the humors out of your chakras or whatever.

No, the linked study says the opposite, that when it gets absorbed, it leads to the formation of kidney stones. Binding to the calcium is not bad.

>Oxalate absorption from tea can elevate urinary oxalate levels, possibly leading to an increased risk of kidney oxalate stone formation.

This study says milk is good to add to tea basically.
>Consumption of tea without milk has been shown to increa
se urinary oxalate concentrations (Brinkley et al, 1990; Finch et al, 1981). These findings have prompted a recommendation to eliminate black tea from the diets of those people who form oxalate stones (Massey et al, 1993).
>The consumption of tea with milk would mean that very little oxalate would be absorbed from tea on a daily basis and would place tea in the low-risk group of foods as defined by Noonan and Savage (1999).

Milk in tea is only good if you also added some sugar

A sole trader alternative shop in my city, pic related