What is Veeky Forums's favorite ethnic cuisine?

What is Veeky Forums's favorite ethnic cuisine?

>mine is Georgian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQeyjgSUlrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pasta

Does Chinese-American takeout count? I could eat a thousand potstickers.

Burgers, maybe hotdogs at a push.

>Ethnic
>Georgians

You could have just said blacks or niggers.

pls be b8

I'm lucky enough to have a good Georgian place near me. It's a great cuisine. But there's no way I could choose a favorite ethnic cuisine. Just about any cuisine from any place along the former spice trade (Silk Road and New World shipping routes) will have great food.

Never had Georgian. Korean is probably my favorite since it's cheap and tends to be open late where I live. We even have a 24/7 Korean bbq

>Never had Georgian.
Imagine making Turkish as rich as Russian (through generous use of cheese and/or ground walnuts). Lots of pickled garlic, too. Good stuff.

sounds lame, but I like Indian food

Thai

>tfw live in such a flyover shithole never had any of those
we only just got a korean restaurant, and its borderline americanized
life is suffering

If the local food options are a priority to you there's always moving somewhere with better choices. Last time I moved I made food a priority. Ended up in a smaller, less expensive place in a less fashionable part of town, but holy shit is there a fuckton of good things to eat available within a three mile radius of where I live. You could probably do something similar.

Indian is great

I also dig Hungarian and Serb foods

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

Spanish.

This is literally the best description of Georgian food I've ever seen. It's extremely rich and fatty.

In my entire life there's only been one dish that was too rich for me, adjarian khachapuri (the thing pictured in the OP). It's like 50% cheese, 35% bread, 10% butter, 5% egg. The soups and stews in Georgia come with cubes of meat, but some of those cubes are literally just fat. Seriously, they'll serve you soup with bitesize pieces of fat in it.

Here's my favourite Georgian dish if anyone wants to try it. It's called chakhokhbili. Recipe by my friend Maria from Tbilisi:

1. Sear cubes of meat in a lot of butter
2. Add a ton of chopped and peeled tomatoes, some onions, peppers, garlic
3. Put on medium or low heat and add lid (if you skip the lid it won't work). The tomatoes will cook down and liquify and the whole dish will turn into a tomato stew.
4. After the tomatoes have cooked down, add some chopped herbs. I use basil and coriander.
5. Simmer for 15 more minutes and serve with bread or rice.

It blew my mind how good this dish was, and it's so simple.

Pic of chakhokhbili for anyone interested.

Literally a non-country. Most countries in this world are irrelevant non-nations, why do they even bother.

Thank you! Kinda makes sense both geographically and given their long history of winemaking. Rich food goes well with wine, since the acidity cuts the richness. And Georgians love their fucking wine, which is a challenge to get in the US. (My local place manages to have a decent selection because there's a small Georgian community on the edge of the big Russian neighborhood nearby, and the place is patronized by both expat Georgians and Russians).

Khachapuri is god tier.

sounds delicious desu

Gimme some Yugonigger food anyday

>Serbs
>human

Pick one

nigran

youtube.com/watch?v=DQeyjgSUlrk

God I hate tomatoes.

It's tough as fuck to find ingredients for Georgian cooking where I'm at, but damn if I don't love me some good kharcho

Amerifat here. Lived in Turkey for a year and got to visit Georgia twice during that time.

Pork meatballs and stuff

Hangover lunch... most of the time you'll be fugged up off wine and local spirits

My friend's basement.. only one wall

I grow them in a trashcan so both tomato lovers and tomato haters can enjoy them.

Indian definitely. My ex was half indian and half scottish, she opened my world to delicious foods. Thai is up there too. There's a great pakistani place in town too, it's kinda like indian food but with beef on the menu. they have this dish with this mini eggplant ball looking things, almost like a big brussel sprout or something, so damn good.

Any love for Ethiopian food on Veeky Forums?

English

Some of it might be bland but it's so hearty
The way it sits in me it all may as well be comfort food

Blacko Ghettonian

Hell yeah. The vege dishes are always bomb and Doro Wut and Doro Tibs are the shit. Injera is great also. There's a local spot that has a lot of Kenyan dishes too. Also very good.

Learning to cook Ethiopian! There's a decent amount of flavor overlap with Korean cuisine, which im more familiar with, but so many new spices! I'm excited to try making injera from scratch,,,