Meh

meh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xD40els1YzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now, explain to the folks what "meh" means.

it means he's a much better performer than author, and that he should scrap his plans to become a full time novelist

every single one of the jokes that were in the book and his youtube show were funnier on the show

he's alright but kind of a grown-up hipster douche, with the pretend christianity and all that shite

garbage was probably ghostwritten

norm macdonald is a corporate ghoul, he writes for SNL, thinks jim carey and steve martin are funny

The Norm Macdonald Comedy Distributors Inc. (R) (TM)

the antagonist to authenticity

he's a christian

>Hipster
Hmm he's reading INfinite Jest so this checks out

he got fired from SNL for making controversial jokes

Isn't this nominated for a Pulitzer?

Except Steve Martin and Norm are both funny, you fucking pleb.

Try watching something before 2000.

I'm a giant fan of Norm, but there is something about him that seems willful and unnecessary to me...

Then again, the book virtually tells you he was raped as a kid. While I mention it, I find it interesting how people online, his fans, they don't seem to be absorbing this information into the Norm gestalt. Doesn't help that he's trying to call it a fucking "novel" now either

norms thing is that he isnt consistent with what he says about himselt, if youve heard him in any talk show he makes things up purely to be funny

I listened to the audiobook during a road trip and thought it was great. The prison chapter had me laughing pretty much the whole way through.

Ah so he's just like the Joker from Batman

Funny considering a recurring joke in the book is him acting like it's ghostwritten. The final bit was a great joke.

DUDE WEED LMA-

oh wait that isn't DUDE benson

Normy just needs some practice, be patient with him guys!

he's our boy.

I was listening to Norm's podcast in the car yesterday with ol' Gilbert and my God I could have crashed the car because I couldn't open my eyes I was laughing so hard at this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=xD40els1YzA

Explain to the folks at home what the show is

How the fuck can anyone stand that fucking fake voice? Unbearable

>Then again, the book virtually tells you he was raped as a kid.
the book also tells you he's an alcoholic morphine addict

maybe it's, I don't know, fictional?

The morphine seemed like a joke, but I could even see him doing that too. The rape and the years of wiped memory afterward? It was played totally straight and I believe it

Uh-huh... now, explain for the folks at home what Youtube is.

Did you see the review of The House Painter Norm tweeted?

>The House Painter, by Terence Keane, Random House, 28 dollars

>Reading Paint Dry Michio Kakutani

>Mr. Keane's posthumous offering, "The Housepainter" makes it a delight to speak ill of the dead, even perhaps a duty. You may remember Mr. Keane as the author who became famous in New York for a day last fall when he took his own life. We know Mr. Keane took his own life thanks to a 12 page suicide note. A note so filled with tedium it left the reader saying, "Get on with it already," and now we are given the sophomore novel by the suicide, a cliche so depressingly popular it is threatening to become a genre. Before we read a word from Mr. Keane, we must plough through a 30 page forward by the publisher, Ms. Julie Grau. Ms. Grau tells us what a true and misunderstood genius Mr. Keane was in life. This proves imperative as there is not a single word in the novel that might lead the reader to a remotely similar conclusion. That comment is a mite unfair. There is one clue in "The Housepainter" that its author is, indeed, a misunderstood genius. You see, the protagonist of the novel is, you guessed it, a misunderstood genius. This would be too much a coincidence. His name is Jack Marjerrison and he is a housepainter by day,master impressionist by night. The choice to make the hero an impressionist painter is no mistake,as it is clear Mr. Keane fancies his prose spare and elliptical. But Mr. Keane fails on an epic scale, as the children say, and ends up leaving us a portrait of the artist as a dull man. Mr. Keane limns his characters so thinly they become transparent. If Mr. Keane was capable of one deeply felt emotion in his life, it is invisible in this joke of a novel. I pray this not sound mean, but as award season approaches, I nominate the bullet that entered Mr. Keane's skull for Best Editing. Of course, the hijinks of a lovable bunch of losers that surround Mr. Marjerrison is no accident at all. Combined with the author's end, it intentionally forces us to to ruminate upon "A Confederacy of Dunces". In fact, the foreword directly suggests a comparison as Ms. Grau's cynicism appears to have no fence. Well, then, allow me to take the bait and compare the two. I knew John Kennedy Toole, I read John Kennedy Toole. You sir, are no John Kennedy Toole.

It's called a joke you fucking pleb.

The entire thing is fictional- the punchline is the entire chapter consists of "I forgot."

It's not even anti-comedy, it's fucking basic set-up punchline.

Veeky Forums hates Norm because he shits all over their hipster modern literature- the entire character of the ghostwriter represented the "modern" writer, the death of literature.

I also love that he was obsessively trashing Margaret Atwood on Twitter.

>trying to defend your reddit comedian on Veeky Forums.
I cringed.

>I nominate the bullet that entered his skill as Best Editor

That is savage.

What did he mean by this?

I think you're confused. He literally can't remember years of his childhood.

Terence Keane pls go.

Holy shit that's fucking great. Probably something extra he thought of for the book but didn't include.

>I knew John Kennedy Toole, I read John Kennedy Toole. You sir, are no John Kennedy Toole.

meta as fuark

I recently watched that one too and it's now my favorite by far. The bit about "I'd eat out Catherine Zeta-Jones' asshole for muscular dystrophy" had me in tears.
It's part of his schtick. Perfect voice for a duck in a car insurance commercial or an evil Arabian's parrot.

in a couple of appearances he's alluded to it being an act and at other times hes seemed genuine. Given that hes been playing the slurring retard character his whole life id guess he's playing another character now

I think it's safe to say he's at least spiritual in some capacity. Though I doubt his faith is something he'd be willing to genuinely opine on in front of a camera.
Also,
>slurring retard
you take that back you sonofabitch

When did Veeky Forums turn on Norm? Earlier this year everyone loved him and I still think he is lit's favorite comic.
>inb4 Stanhope

As for the is the a morphine addict and was he raped as a child, I seriously doubt both. I think he may had gone a little too heavy on the booze when he was younger, but he seems to pop benzos more or less exclusively now...

Norm & Zizek videos are pretty much the only thing I watch on youtube can someone suggest a new person

>Morphine addict
lel what is this the 20's? Who tf even does morphine these days - it's all heroin and prescription opiates like oxycodone. Anyway drug use is no reason to dislike a comedian, and especially not an artist or intellectual (or anyone else for that matter). But desu I don't think Veeky Forums would dislike someone for a drug use problem.

>I nominate the bullet that entered Mr. Keane's skull for Best Editing.

Oh yeah, the morphine bit was definitely just a joke. I do like the narrative that morphine was why Lorne kept him on SNL for so long though.

>can someone suggest a new person
I find Jordan Petersen to be really interesting. You may like him.

Has anyone else actually read the book here? In what way was the rape not supposed to be taken seriously?

He himself said half of his book is full of bullshit

>tfw now you're afraid to publish because at some time in the future if your work gets popular Norm might btfo you this badly or possibly even worse

Truly the Jaden Smith of our generation

Peterson is great. Peterson > Zizek, Nietzsche > Marx, Jung > Lacan

hes right though
if you describe something you describe the complement of it

>I pray this not sound mean, but as award season approaches, I nominate the bullet that entered Mr. Keane's skull for Best Editing.
fucking hell Norm

Dutchfag here.
>I will never take Norm for a night on the town in the Red Light District
feels bad man

explain to the folks at home what the red light district is

>explain to the folks at home what the red light district is
It is a mystical place in Amsterdam where kindly ladies sit upon their windowsills and offer up their pies to old chunks of coal who might want to have bite now and then. For a fair price.

literally bukowski tier

>ails on an epic scale, as the children say

>doesn't even give examples if this "hipster modern literature" that Veeky Forums is supposed to love and how he "shits all over" it
its almost like you don't actually have a good argument and just want to be contrarian

So Norm has been a master BS artist for so long that he can plainly admit being raped in his autobio as long as he downplays it after the fact and calls it a novel because you'll all point to that as proof that everything in the book is BS

There's just as much basis for the rape being true as for everything else in the book. But I agree it's weird.

bump for norm