Censored

recently brought the pic related version "penguin classics" of lolita but i suspect it has been censored, would anyone be able to confirm or recomend me a version that is not

google it fag

What makes you think it was censored? Did you buy it expecting graphic depictions of sex with a minor?

from reviews it seemed to be a little more controversal, but this version seems rather tame, so yes is that answer to that

i just want the uncensored/ edited version please

As said
>Did you buy it expecting graphic depictions of sex with a minor?

I highly doubt you have an edited version.

google it fag

i feel like it might even be edited to tie in to the jerermy irons film since isnt that her on the front cover

Why are there Google shills on Veeky Forums?

Fuck off

>>>/reddit/

no it's not you fucking idiot.

Historical context is inportant to keep in mind. People were more easily shocked by that shit back then.
One of the many techniques Nabokov uses to keep Humbert from being a complete monster is that he tends to obfuscate the more reprehensible actions with the prose.

Read 120 days of sodom for your child rape fantasy needs.

thanks for the replies guys
its not the child rape so much as my fear of the book being edited and me being oblivious to it, but il check it out if you reccomend

that last part was for (you)

> buying penguin

well, there's your problem.

Pseud who doesn't know anything about publishing or about penguin.

No, the Penguin version is unedited/uncensored. In fact, all versions of Lolita that you're likely to find in a Western store are uncensored.

What should I know about Penguin?

Not that guy but I know they publish the most de-nationalist version of Jungers Storm of Steel, which is a shame because its the only plentiful version

That's a horrible looking edition, I hope it isn't the one you got. 50th anniversary edition is best Imo.their cover for Ado or Ardor is pretty nice though.

If you are reading a book written in English just look at the book. Do you like the binding, the paper, the cover or introduction? If so then buy it. If not buy something else. The only time you need to be careful with them is when buying translations. They are pretty hit and miss with them. Sometimes they take an older, not so good translation because it is cheap and other times they commission someone to make a new, good translation.