I present to you the humble potato

I present to you the humble potato.

There are millions of different ways to cook them but which is your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1664919.htm
agric.wa.gov.au/sweet-potato/growing-sweet-potatoes-western-australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inb4 boil em mash em stick em in a stew

Raw with salt

Le hasselback meme :^)

roasted with fresh coriander/parsley and lemon

scrub and oil, bake at 425 for an hour

serve something over them greasy like chili or succatash

Stew

Blue cheese and chive croquette

Ahhh the Irishman's quandary, do I eat the potatoes now or ferment thing and drink them later?

Maybe some kind of soup. Made a nice soup with potato and Swiss chard.

>implying there are any potatoes

Aloo Tikki's
proper mashed potato Aloo Tikki's not the sliced and fried shite you get in some cheap and nasty take aways.

Baked is worst.
Twice baked is best.
If you want mashed potatoes, make twice baked potatoes, but stop before twice baking them.

try Cullen Skink

This bad boy potato right here is legitimately my only source of carbohydrates.
I exclusively cut them into long slices and steam them and use them for open faced sandwich type things. For example, I am eating sardines on these bad boys right now. I aint never goin' back to grains or any other potato.

That looks fantastic thanks

put it in the microwave :^)

Slice em nice and thin and fry em. Serve salted and have yourself a nice meal of chips

I grow those in my backyard. Around 10-25lbs every 6 months.

I worked with a local chip manufacturer in NC that make some really good ass chips made from these.

Baked 3 hours at 350. Oil and liberally salt and pepper beforehand.

The texture comes out super. Crispy skin and very mushy inside.

Would recommend every time.

Oh yeah, well my dad works for Frito-Lay and he said they're coming out with an Okinawan sweet potato chip next month.

how long has it been

In a retort cooker. I do that everyday.
I'm not trying to brag or anything, but me and my coworker cooked 30000 pounds one day. It was fukken nuts

>There are millions of different ways to cook them
Name 18 (eighteen)

Vodka.

>using pieces of baked potato to pick up oil like bread
that's some good shit user

It's a toss-up between au gratin, mashed, and baked. I'm not really picky about potatoes, chalk it up to strong Irish heritage.

Parboiled or microwaved, then cooled, cut into small chunks, and fried until crunchy in bacon fat.

Reckon this is viable in a tropical climate like Australia? Any tips for caring for them?
I've planted a sprouted potato a few months ago and now the vine has gone a bit wild.. I haven't really touched them though and have only mulched them thick with lucerne.

abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1664919.htm
agric.wa.gov.au/sweet-potato/growing-sweet-potatoes-western-australia
All i could find for general sweet potato growing in Kangaroo Kingdom. Should be fine since sweet potatos do well in warm climates as frost destroys your crop. Okinawan Purple sweet potato isn't much different. Only thing here in Florida is that there was a bad infestation of whiteflys, but i took care of that. use good fertilizer, get a large space, and watch them spread like crazy.

pan friend with onion and jalapeno seasoned with black pepper

What do you have against bread?

boil em mash em stick em in a stew

potatoes are not for chowderal

If you are going to have mashed potatoes, bake them first instead of boiling.

i'd like to say my favourite is hash potato because i love how it looks in youtube videos but it's very different when i cook it

Add it mushrooms and its perfect

>bad boys

Whole roasted small potatoes are the best thing on earth to me sometimes

i leik chips

1) Boil
2) Mash
3) Stick in stew
4) Jackie Chan

Nordic new season potatoes just boiled, some dill and melted butter with chives. I'll eat that shit like candy. Summer potatoes are incredibly sweet in Finland.

>weeb potato
kys

How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

>Zero