What do you think about this stunning joke from the nation's best literary magazine?

What do you think about this stunning joke from the nation's best literary magazine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b4vHSiotAFA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zizek was right about Trump

why are they so mean to hillary?

Did it trigger you, OP?

I don't, I'm not a pensioner or a hairdresser.

No wonder the NYT is dying. sad!

>reading the transcript of the times meeting with trump after he wins

I didn't know it was possible to wash someones balls with your hands tied behind your back and virtue signify at the same time

Link? They didn't 180 did they?

So I imagine Veeky Forums is probably one of the smarter boards, and I haven't been here since before the election, but I imagine most of the faggots who post here have probably found ways to rationalize and identify with Trump to be edgy pseuds, right?

>and I haven't been here since before the election
Sounds about right.

Yep, see this:

youtu.be/b4vHSiotAFA

Fucking Christ I cringed

Why is The New Yorker so fucking un-Veeky Forums?

you seem like one angry nu-male

Literary who cares.

this is four years old tard

>I haven't been here since before the election

anyways, since the election he has handled himself well, especially his pragmatist approach to environmentalism and his strong-arming of Ford and Carrier. Nothing wrong with twisting China's nose a bit either. The left in the meantime has done nothing but spout hyperbole.

I didn't vote for him, but the leftist faggots who think supporting him is edgy deserve to be marched down into a cellar and shot, to be shown what edgy truly is.

>since the election he has handled himself well
Because I have to buy some shit in dollars and I converted all mine to pounds I agree.

>I would have supported Hillary Clinton
t. nu male

I own US stocks, and even that whole "THE MARKETS ARE CRASHING" shit turned out to be hyperbole. Pic related, its one of my accounts

Markets and the dollar skyrocketed after Trump won

Im agreeing, though desu I wish it would have crashed to 6000, i would have bought so many shares of whole market index funds.

Why do redditors and frogniggers hate reading so much that they flood Veeky Forums's literature board with garbage?

The Carrier deal was an absolute embarrassment to anyone who so proudly calls themselves a businessman. Remember how Trump was gonna take a stand against le corporations fucking America in the ass? Trump just bragged about receiving a reach-around.

its hard to make your voice heard in /pol/, and /int/ is too comfy and friendly

>strong-arming ford and carrier
>just gave them millions of dollars in tax breaks

Very strong, yeah.

Ive seen so much sour-grapes about an issue. In the end he did what he said, even though he used a carrot in addition to a stick. Who fucking cares if they get a tax break, did you expect anything else from a secular republican? You want to keep jobs in the country and tax corporations? Fucking leftist retards.

I don't think that individualized tax breaks are a good foundation for economic policy. I think it's hilarious that you think there's a stick involved. All that moves like this do is encourage companies to threaten to leave to extract more concessions. You're the only retarded one here.

>I don't think that individualized tax breaks are a good foundation for economic policy
???

That's literally every economic policy in the world.

He didn't even save 50% of the jobs that Carrier was threatening to relocate, and on top of that, all the corporate shilling he used to accuse Hillary of is the shit he's now publically doing, how the fuck is this an accomplishment? He's just given other businesses an express lane to a tax break.

I swear to God, Donald Trump could say he believes in the fucking Tooth Fairy and you faggots would back him up on it.

Remember how Trump was gonna stick up to all the nasty corporations? Yeah, hate to burst your bubble, but that definitely is not what he did with the Carrier deal.

kek

It's not a good way of doing things because it distorts the market and inefficiently allocates resources. You can't just give a tax break to every company that threatens to leave, because they'll all threaten to leave. What the US needs is comprehensive tax reform--moves like Carrier make a good show, but ultimately does very little to prevent jobs leaving in the long term.

I guess at the end of the day the Trump Campaign has all just been an infinite jest.

What the fuck are the mods doing

all three of them are moderating more popular boards

Considering Veeky Forums literally calls any post that isn't espousing communism from "/pol/", I'd eager they're to busy reading the other 900 reports from the Zizek thread.

give it a couple of years. trump is going to be a disaster for the US economy. also, markets have traditionally done better with a democrat in the chair. although clinton would have been a disaster too desu. either way the US is fucked for a generation.

Trump is going to be the next great president and you faggots can only cry about it haha

Veeky Forums has had a literal /r/communism invasion

>Considering Veeky Forums literally calls any post that isn't espousing communism from "/pol/"

This is true though, if you're not a Marxist or at the very least least a Post-Marxist you're not an intellectual, straight up. Its like being a physicist and not accepting General Relativity.

The worst thing about Marxists is that they delude themselves into believing that their shitty economic theories are scientific fact.

>Its like being a physicist and not accepting General Relativity.
It's like being a psychologist and not accepting Freud, which is a perfectly fine stance to take. Marx is important in the history of philosophy and economics, and his ideas were revolutionary, but that doesn't mean he wasn't shit.

>their [rescineded] economic theories are scientific fact.

They practically are, as far as economics can be a science
Also yes a psychologist who denies Freud is also useless at any high thought capacity

>They practically are, as far as economics can be a science
holy kek you are retarded
>Also yes a psychologist who denies Freud is also useless at any high thought capacity
End your life.

Hey this is what Veeky Forums is for, intellectuals beyond the looking glass of societal bullshit.
You can stay on /pol/ or reddit if you want to deal with low level pop science

Come back when you finish high school kiddo

Duh if you say so frogposter

The New Yorker hasn't featured real talent in decades; but then again neither has the US. Might just be a reflection of the state of American lit.

holy, I want more...