Hey guys

Hey guys.

I recently got accepted into Stanford (Early Decision), which I guess validates for me a lot of what I’ve worked for and thought over the past 18 years of my life. Given this, I think it’s not at all unreasonable of me to be promoted to moderate this board. Not only do I have external accreditation (Rising Freshman at Stanford University, ranked as the #4 school by the US News, which puts me as the most educated person on this website), I also have been an avid reader for the past 2 years of my life. I routinely devour books, dozens of pages at a time, and average reading 10 books a year. I’ve always suspected that I’m a deeply original thinker, and some (though not all) of my teachers have agreed. I received an A- in my IB Theory of Knowledge course (for those of you who are unaware, it’s kind of like an “end game” philosophy course that synthesizes and distills the entirety of Western Thought into a single course) for my paper on social media (Towards A New Mass Culture: Facebook and Snapchat as Education) that showed how Plato’s Republic and Paine’s Common Sense kind of “predicted” the modern world so to speak, and how Facebook and Snapchat and other social media platforms are integral towards how people learn and mature today.

Beyond my intellectual credentials, I have a demonstrated track record of excellent through leading my school's various organizations, acting as, over the past four years:
-Vice President of the Student Body
-Assistant Captain of the Soccer team
-Associate Principal Second Violin in the Junior Varsity Orchestra
-President of the Esports Club

I have some really good ideas on how to improve this board and you guys should definitely give me a chance.

Thank you!

Other urls found in this thread:

admission.stanford.edu/application/decision_process/restrictive.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh look it's 100-posts guy again.

who?

top kek

You're probably confusing me with someone else.

Rising freshman and two years of reading!? DOZENS of pages?! Ten whole books? Wow you sure are educated you arrogant little dipshit.

I'm a PhD student at Harvard, but I don't go around claiming this gives me the right to be moderator.

This is an anonymous board for a reason. Things like that don't matter here. Only ideas matter. If you really are as smart as you claim, then your ideas will, on average, be better than those of others around you and you'll be able to rise naturally without attempting to leverage some external validation.

Kill yourself. Do you think Veeky Forums cares about any of these things? I mean I get that our system is designed to breed people like you, but don't expect us to care

>avid reader for 2 years
>10 books a year
>avid

how does a PhD student at Harvard get baited this hard

I'm just trying to catalyze (e.g. lower the activation energy, or E-sub-a) the process.

Jealousy breeds contempt.
(-Anonymous, year unknown)

You shouldn't just be a mod. You are truly a gem among us, and your credentials indicate that you are a born leader. Veeky Forums needs you. the world needs you. OP for philosopher king!

Bruh, you are posting on a taiwanese period panty washing board. Who the fuck cares?

Yo what's your opinion on Kosmas Politis?

I just finished eating my burger, do I qualify?

This one of the best posts I have read in while OP. I honestly would not mind one bit if you ruled over Veeky Forums.

I also am curious about this. Perhaps Mr. Harvard PhD is pulling off some sort of next-level bait that non-Harvardites could never hope to comprehend. It seems more likely that, as I have often suspected, the vast majority of people pursuing post-graduate work at elite educational institutions are complete fucking morons just like almost everybody else.

If you don't study STEM everything you've worked for your entire life will have been a waste of time

Can we just skip to the end and you list all the tricks. Unless this is the other Henry.

Correct. GOAT life is to do math PhD and dabble in literature on the side

This is me, feels good man

do you really think you can complete an original thesis in math?

>-Vice President of the Student Body
>-Assistant Captain of the Soccer team
>-Associate Principal Second Violin in the Junior Varsity Orchestra
>-PRESIDENT of the Esports Club

Kek

Is this the new Henry?

i say go for it!

Henry VI?

I'm Henry the Eighth I am I am.

I've been eating since six a.m.

Henry VI' II"

I think we're on maybe IX or X now my dude.

Do a doctorate with actual budgets and do the maths and lit on the side (it's practically what DFW wished he'd done).

I meant to write "Henry VII?" for what it's worth. Maybe Henry IX would be more appropriate? Not sure what Henry VI' II'' is supposed to mean.

Henry's height clocks in at a staggering 6'2"

>people replying the OP angrily

the reason Veeky Forums sucks is because you maggots don't know how to have fun. Read a book (of fiction) once in a while: even intellectuals know how to recognize and laugh at silliness.

I almost took the bait. Jesus, you are pretty great, user.

What field bro?

Henry the Sixth Part Deux: attack of the stone of scone

Finally! OP you must get that mod position and begin to ban meme posters immediately.

I like it to read book.

explain this meme

You guys are so easy to bait...

I like it to read book.

>so eager to push your cringeworthy attempt at humor you miss op's joke

fucking savage

I know it's a troll, but is this really the kind of writing that gets you into Stanford?

I think the Harvard expos test can be taken by anyone and that's either free or very cheap.

I can't really remember now but I think the feedback is just "pass" or not.

that's not part of admissions though you only take that after you get in

for top us schools, it's much easier to graduate/pass than to get in in the first place

Grade inflatation must be nice

I'm like sleep deprived and thought the question was whether their quality of writing was up to scratch.

I honestly can't remember it beyond writing like 500+ words in an hour. If you can take some article and write a vaguely coherent response in that time of ~300 words then you're as good as you need to be I think.

I'm sure there's a way to do it without enrollment. Might have been something to do with the summer school?

I feel like i have to respond again: you have to do as much research in a top school as the next level up in a lower tier school. So undergrads hit the books like masters students, and masters students are chewing through as much as a lot of PhDs out there. PhD sort of levels out because
>grades
The teaching is amazing mostly, though I have had experience of a couple of dip shits. Even when it's just a talk and chalk. Like if you ever get the chance, take a class honestly. It isn't a breeze through tho.

I could definitely have made it more breezy having said that but I am like hyper competitive. Like with the expos test, if you flunk it it doesn't harm your GPA, you still have to take the same number of writing classes, you just take lower level (so easier) classes. But no way would I ever willingly lose a dick measuring contest.

stanford doesn't do ED

Hello there Stanford student. Glad to have you in the school. I am a Stanford professor that has been teaching literature for over 20 years.

I have been teaching Africana literature for all my time here at the university and have achieved global recognition for my work in Kenya working to find new untapped literary minds.

I hope we can work together, you seem very bright.

10/10 bait

>all of the idiots falling for this bait

jesus christ the r9k invasion really did a number on this board.

Wew lad, get you're head out of you're ass

this, what the fuck, Veeky Forums?

yes they do they just don't call it that but it's the same thing

Grade inflation doesn't matter considering grades, for the purposes of college admissions, are evaluated on a relative basis.

fuck you, you stupid pseud

Greatness usually encounters resistance OP, good luck. A lot of small minded fools ITT.

>its a (you) farmer who can't write subtle bait but people still fall for it episode.

Take your reply I guess, apparently this qualifies as quality shitposting nowadays.

sounds like bloom is butthurt that Yale has been dropping in the rankings and is below Stanford now

>Stanford
>not even Oxbridge
lol come back to me when you go to a REAL university
You just got METABAITED

please give a brief summary of your social media argument

not really

This isn't bait, it's funny satire. Veeky Forums is full of tards

Could've been good copy pasta but Stanford doesn't have ED.

It's functionally identical to ED

admission.stanford.edu/application/decision_process/restrictive.html

>non-binding

so it's not functionally identical

>tripfagging
kill yourself thanks

That was exactly what I was trying to do, but what do you think of Kosmas Politis?

Another Harvard grad student here...The expository writing test wasn't difficult as I recall. Answer a few multiple answer questions and a quick essay on Carnegie and wealth inequality.

On the larger point -- it's more difficult to gain admission than graduate. Having studied undergrad in a state school and now Harvard ... the course work is comparable but overall student quality is higher for obvious reason. I suppose the biggest difference is that the environment encourages you to excel... where state school felt like a diploma mill.

S T E M
T
E
M

please stop doxxing me...

This post and its replies are pretty fucking stupid.

y-you too senpai