Sauce

>Le "I hate ketchup" Veeky Forums meme

Can somebody explain where this came from? Is Veeky Forums just too contrarian to appreciate the zestiness of it or something? It has a rich history of evolution. From starting as a simple fish sauce in Asia to becoming one of the best condiment ever. If handled properly, ketchup can make the most delicious meals in the world.
>B-b-but muh sugar!!!!
Only if you buy cheap brands or won't make your own.

So what's the deal, Veeky Forums?

I prefer mustard.

I agree that ketchup is good stuff and certainly has its uses in the kitchen.

It's bad reputation stems from the fact that many, if not most, people don't use it properly. They douse food in it to the point that you can't even taste what you're eating and let it completely overpower the dish. There's also the childish connotation that goes along with it.

>Le "english language" meme

Can somebody explain where this came from? Is Veeky Forums just too exasperated to appreciate the zestiness of my speech impediment or something? It has a rich history of evolution. From starting as a simple extra chromosome to becoming one of the best condiment ever. If handled properly, my grammar can produce something remotely intelligible.
>To becoming one of the best condiment ever
Only if you pay by the keystroke, or suffered a keystroke of your own.

So what's my deal, Veeky Forums?

Yeah, a rich history of a bunch of poor people boiling near rotten vegetables to preserve them and subsequently evolving into sugary red water.

Nobody likes ketchup because it doesn't GO in anything. It's literally waste product that you put on fast food.

>Can somebody explain

No. Either you get it or you don't. Dumbass.

>Nobody likes ketchup because it doesn't GO in anything
I guess you got your tongue cut off.

>If handled properly

Exactly. The only reason it's made fun of is because people put it on stuff like pizza, fish, and other things that make no sense.....also, when your average person uses ketchup, they use 2 tablespoons of ketchup per 1 tablespoon of food

Ketchup is reductive and tone deaf. Too flat for pasta, too sweet for decent meat, too sour for dessert, and too lean for salads. Much like a middle school autist it simply doesn't really belong anywhere. It pairs with bottom shelf tube steak, meatloaf, or a greasy spoon breakfast.

It has potential, e.g. currywurst, but it remains mostly unrealized.

thith

Yeah, ketchup fucking sucks. But what sauce can I use as my go-to for everything that's too sad to eat without sauce? I'm not some le chef sauce aficionado who will be ok preparing sauces himself and have 15 different ones. I need something that I can buy or prepare EASILY and QUICKLY from products that are readily available everywhere.

I bought some Heinz curry sauce, but it's no good either.

>Le "english language" meme

>Can somebody explain where this came from?

Hello underage.

Just never was a fan of it. Even as a kid. It struck me as something people used to give flavor to cheap poorly prepared food. My mom was a decent cook so I had no real use for it.

I spent a few month living with a French family and they made a big deal about putting a bottle o ketchup on the table next to me so I'd feel at home. I think they were disappointed I never touched it. But it shows that the American use of the stuff as a table condiment was once enough of a thing that it's still associated with us.

it doesn't really go well with anything except for fries or maybe sausage (but I prefer my sausage with spicier sauces like mustard or horseradish)
it also tends to cover up flavors instead of bringing them out

It just tastes like shit, nothing personal.

>But what sauce can I use as my go-to for everything that's too sad to eat without sauce?
You could just stop eating such sad foods. But you're right that ketchup appears when the sad food comes out. Got some frozen shrimp? Mix ketchup with horseradish and you're set. Fast food burger and fries for dinner? Break out the ketchup. Cheap, tough "steak"? Why not? Poorly scrambled eggs? Sure. But the other option is not to eat the kinds of food that benefit from ketchup because they're really not good in the first place.

It's basically plebs who got tired of being made fun of for being picky so they started ganging up on ketchup because if the Ketchup is for plebs meme takes off they suddenly don't look so stupid.

That and the faggots who overglorify the absolute shit that is mustard

they're contrarians. that's literally all. 9/10 of them use ketchup.

i love ketchup. it's truly the best condiment. ketchup is fucking amazing. when i was a kid i'd put it on everything, including pound cake, cookies, mashed potatoes, corn. steak, ham, chicken, turkey, everything.

i fucking love ketchup. i have a suite of tactics by which i can maximize the quantity of ketchup i get onto fried foods.

"completely overpower the dish"

truly words only ever spoken by faggots.

>overglorify the absolute shit that is mustard
That bright yellow shit is awful, to be sure. But good quality mustard is amazeballs.

>i love ketchup. it's truly the best condiment. ketchup is fucking amazing. when i was a kid i'd put it on everything, including pound cake, cookies, mashed potatoes, corn. steak, ham, chicken, turkey, everything.
max?

It objectively tastes terrible and anyone who enjoys it objectively has terrible taste.
See: It goes well with nothing. Everything you see typically associated with ketchup use objectively tastes better without it.

Every single use of the word "objectively" in my post is used correctly.

>amazeballs

please don't use this website any further. thank you for your cooperation.

>objectively
How to spot a faggot like you.

awww, babbys first shitpost

wrong. there's barely anything that tastes better than ketchup, or which can't be improved by ketchup. essentially every single savory dish can use it.

you're a tasteless fucktard if you disagree.

honestly, ketchup is the star of the show, whether it be corndogs, homefries, french fries, fried meats, steak, hot dogs, fried okra, fried squash, chicken nuggets, the question is, 'how much ketchup can i consume alongside this food'.

i can consume a 16oz bottle of ketchup with a 21oz package of frozen fries or nuggets.

>Mustardfags
Is there a more annoying type of "person"?

people being contrarian

Wow. A full on raging meme war.

Way to fuck up again, mustard fags

all food that goes good with ketchup (basically only sausage and hot dogs) goes better with mustard
also cheap mustard is much better than cheap ketchup which basically just tastes of sugar and sadness

>ketchup

you mean meme sauce

nice tastes, pleb

I swear to god, post a timestamped picture of you on a scale; and if you weigh under 300lbs I will live stream my suicide tonight

Luckily, I know I'm safe by your autistic obese comment

What ketchup is good for
>condiment for dipping fried foods
>hotdogs
>bratwurst
>meatloaf
>turkey melts
>hamburgers
>cooking

What mustard is good for
>making potato salad

Gee, I wonder why people with inferiority complexes hate ketchup

CONDIMENT POWER RANKINGS
Elite tier
>mayonnaise
>ranch
>blue cheese
>sriracha
Good tier
>horseradish sauce
>tobasco
>ketchup
Ok tier
>bbq sauce
>honey mustard
Hipster pleb's favorite tier
>miracle whip
>mustard

>hotdogs
>bratwurst
>meatloaf
>hamburgers
>cooking
mustard is better for all of these. mustard is great for most meats in general, ketchup is only good for fried shit or grilled sandwiches

childhood is liking ketchup
adulthood is realize it tastes like ass and doesn't work in anything and mustard is the better condiment

>I don't like tomato
>I don't like sweet things

Recipe for disaster imo. Also

t. manbaby who has never had stone ground mustard

Using ranch as a condiment invalidates your opinion.

>He hates ranch
Lemme guess you like "Rare" steak as well? Very mature.

Not him, but I can easily eat that much food without the trash ass ketchup and weigh under 200lbs.

Although I agree he does sound autistic enough to be over 300lbs.

Only homemade ketchup is good, store bought is way too sweet. I found a good canning recipe last year that was really tangy and spicy

u wish, u creepy perv

>i have a suite of tactics by which i can maximize the quantity of ketchup i get onto fried foods
>a suite of tactics

fedora af

because you are that desperate to find one

>he does sound autistic enough to be over 300lbs

Way to conflate obesity and autism. Please drink everything under your sink =)

Good cumback, user.