Cocktail thread?

>Live in christian fundamentalist country
>can't buy alcohol during holidays like easter
>forgot to buy beer

I have a litre of vodka and a litre of gin. What should I make?

Other urls found in this thread:

schlimmerdurst.net/2015/09/08/tell-me-sweet-little-lies-why-is-our-rum-so-sweet-english-version/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Screwdriver. Boring but classic.

If it's warm out, a Tom Collins might do nicely. Otherwise, you could go with any number of juice combinations. If you feel fancy, try making an Ace cocktail.

Gin & Lemon.

Gin Rickey
Screwdriver
Vodka and Cranberry
Gin and Tonic

There's a number of really simple drinks you can do with stuff you probably have on hand.

I'd go with gin and tonic with cucumber instead of lime.

Gimlet
5cl gin
3cl fresh lime juice
2cl syrup

Wait, you cannot buy alcohol all weekend?

Why anyone willingly drinks tonic water outside regions rife with malaria I will never understand.

They've surpassed the age of 19.

Tonic water tastes good imo. Dat quinine.

it's a soda that's not disgustingly sweet but actually tart and bitter
fresh lemonade is still better obviously

more like surpassed the age of 70

Quinine is exactly the problem. Tastes like the chemically aftertaste of cough syrup, minus the artificial cherry crap. It's an improvement, but it still tastes like chewing up an aspirin.

I like the taste when mixed with gin. I'm fine with club soda though.

Think I'll pick some up tonight as it's finally not raining for the first time in six months.

What the fuck is a cl?
Cubic litre?

centiliter. 1/100 of a liter, or 10 mL

Even my Amerikkan Edukashun was enough to learn that....

Not before saturday no. Closed all easter

You mean like the whole week? Not just Easter Sunday?

What the fuck, where are you from?

I love that shit. I put in lime and lemon juice, toss in a dash of orange bitters, even without alcohol.

Where are you from OP?

I've been sober for almost 10 weeks now and shooting for 12, I'll be damned if i don't get cravings for cocktails, particularly moscow mules and drinking the OP's image

that and whit beer

What's seekay drinking tonight? Pic related: I recently got some creme de cacao, so for me it's the Pago Pago.

A bit of variation here, though; I made mine with an overproof rum, and I didn't have anything on hand to garnish it with.

>live in Japan
>can even buy alcohol in 7/11, supermarkets and pharmacies
>alcohol vending machines everywhere, most don't require an ID to use
>restaurants and bars never check IDs
>even if you look underage they'll usually go "oh you're 20yo right? nudge nudge wink wink"
life's good

mix the vodka with soda and the gin with tonic and both with limes and ice

Closed before I got off work at wednesday. Might be open for a few hours on saturday not sure desu. From Norway

pic related not really a cocktail but a good beer

Total fucking bullshit to live in Norway, if it wasnt for the government to lighten up the rules starting from this year it would be closed from Thursday - Monday

Thank god i got some homemade wine finished for today, and monopoly opens up for 5 hours tomorrow

ITS GONNA BE GRRRRRRREAT

Christ, I always thought Norway was a decent place but you faggots are worse than the evangelical south.

Anything i can make whit fireball?

>MFW i see the state of my lack of barware.

I bought a 750ml bottle of suntory toki for $29 out the door, a handle of Don Q for $25, and my memorial for the old timers that aint around on easter bottle of evan Williams for $15,

come home notice all my glasses are fucked up or gone.

using a FUDD gunshop rifle cup for the toast. which would probably make the old timers happier than if i used a highball glass.

i really would like to try that

this is why i like Veeky Forums sometimes. people know shit i dont, and drop wisdom or at least links to new and interesting things.

Got big into tiki last winter
On a whim googled to see if there was a tiki bar in my town, was a good respite from the cold and dark

A trip to the nearest dumpster.

B-but i like the taste.

so do the stacys at your local sorority, you should join them! :)

Delete your Veeky Forums account

i had one of these the other day. wasn't worth the $12 for a normal sized bottle. i'd rather have a 750ml bottle of allagash curieux or something for just slightly more money. the guy working at my beer store told me to get one the day they put it on shelf because it would be gone the next day. i dont understand the hype when there are so many other barrel aged stouts available. am i wrong?

>$12 for a bottle

You got ripped off son, I paid $27 today for a four pack and I thought even that much was kind of steep when some people online say they got it for $20. It's as good as people say it is though

>What should I make?
Mix the two together and drink that.

Or just leave america.

Gimlets, when will they ever learn

Get good tonic water and it wont taste like shit

Tom Collins

Japan, you mad bastard.

you forgot
>drink overpriced beer, whiskey from plastic bottles or sake that tastes like your floor

Any good Rum cocktails you guys would recommend?
I've made a cocktail called Jamaican Fizz which i found to be good:
In a shaker half filled with ice
>2.5 ounces dark rum
>1.5 ounces of pineapple juice
>1tsp superfine sugar
shake and strain into a collins glass and pour 4 ounces of club soda/carbonated water and stir

gin&tonic is the obvious choice with the gin. not sure about the vodka, i rarely make or drink cocktails. screwdriver used to work well but haven't had one of those in years

honestly, i dislike gin and i dislike tonic but together (especially with cucumber) it is really good

Rum is my specialty. What else you got on hand?

Other spirits i have include gin and vodka, and assume i have every mixer known to man

I love a good Test Pilot.
1.5 oz dark Jamaican rum
.75 oz light rum
.5 oz lime juice
.5 oz falernum
.25 oz triple sec
Dash angostura
3-6 drops of absinthe

Blend with crushed ice.

If you want something more unusual, I made something cool with my new bottle of Strega tonight
1.5 oz pineapple rum (Plantation Stiggins' Fancy)
.75 oz orgeat
.75 oz Strega
.75 oz lime juice

>Strega
Old Italian lady detected

One of the joys of mixing is infusing new life into old, tired ingredients

dont you guys have like a heroin epidemic

Espresso martini

1.5 oz coffee liquor
1 oz vodka
1 oz espresso

Shake vigorously and strain. You should have a delicious foam on top.

Bronx Cocktail

2oz Gin
1oz sugar syrup
1 oz Orange juice

Shake 40 times and strain

By the way, you'd think a silicone ice tray for "crushed" ice like this one would be a good idea.
Let me tell you they are an absolute bitch to empty.
> inb4 hot water
Don't bother unless you actually own one of these and are thus fully qualified to respond.

Actually, ignore me. Simply let the tray out there for approximately as long as it takes to take a picture, whine and bitch about it on Veeky Forums, then roll the entire contents cleanly from the tray into this enhanced-contrast ice bowl.

Prost, Veeky Forums.

How do I make a perfect rum and coke and whats the best rum for my coke?

Half rum, half coke and squeeze a lime wedge then throw it in the glass to cut the sweetness. Just use cheap shit like captain Morgan. If you get sailor Jerry's try it with Dr. Pepper.

> cut the sweetness

schlimmerdurst.net/2015/09/08/tell-me-sweet-little-lies-why-is-our-rum-so-sweet-english-version/

'nuff said.