Help me Veeky Forums

So I have been printing books on my own printer at home because I am poor and live in a third world country where rare books in English are really expensive. I have already printed hundreds of them but most of them have their toner not completely printed onto the paper and usually some toner is left on the page and it gets onto my skin when I read. I need to know if there are any health hazards in it and what should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#Health_risks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you are going to die, you dumb fuck.
Also you need to me 18 to post on this site.

Bro this is not a fucking joke. There has been a shitload of toner on my hands and I dont know if it is hazardous because I read almost all the time. This shit is a serious question

i don't think it's hazardous probably will them your hands dry though

>printing books out on letter paper
why

Because I am poor, later on I will send it to a place that binds the book for cheap.

But you clearly have the pdfs, why don't you just read them off your computer?

Don't give me "uh it doesn't feel the same" because reading off cheaply bound letter paper is sure to be worse

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toner#Health_risks

The danger isn't in it touching your hands. It's in you inhaling the small particles from it.

Because I like and need to take notes on the book and underline the important parts, and also because then I still have a physical souvenir of the book I have read.

I have literally printed more than 100 books this year.
(ignore strange wall)

most of you lit/ fags dont know how fucking lucky you are when you live in a first world country and have enough money to buy (and there are many cheap books) in the US. While I am so fucking poor in this shit hole third world country called BRAZIL where to find a book in english I would have to spend hundreds of bucks.

i live in mexico.
I can find good editons of books in english for less than a dollar.
L M A O

>ywn have to print your own books

Hola mi compatriota

>I need to know if there are any health hazards in it and what should I do?
Yeah there are, Get a better printer.

this, it's that simple you divisive nerds

your good

I have a great expensive printer. The problem is that I dont buy new toner cartridges. I buy some unofficial Toner refill and refill the cartridges myself. And I also keep reusing the toner even when it tells me to Change Toner, in order to save money. The problem is that then it all starts getting fuzzy and shit and starts leaking a little bit on the paper.

This is the one I have

This is the thing I refill my cartridges with

user, ask me what kinds of books I have read and printed.

I have the Harvard classics and the great books which I got for free but mostly I choose what to read by picking through the piles of free books that they have on campus and people leave outside their houses. I don't understand buying literature in the US. There is more high quality literature laying around than you could ever read anf if you want something specific at a specific time there are libraries. When I was traveling I could usually find some decent stuff to trade for in hostels but I recognize that probably won't do for you because you aren't on the move.

Just don't worry about it. I know that may sound short-sighted but one of the studies says it was a dangerous as dust. Another said that people who work with toner every day for years have mildly elevated risk. If you want to live longer eat better and exercise and definitely don't worry whether your books are killing you.

that looks comfy as heck, i don't know anything about the health risks of ink but for that aesthetic it's probably worth it desu

My room is a real mess. I put images of my favorite intellectual heroes on my wall, but I really fucking like even though some people may not. Tell me what you think about it.
Ask me anything too.