Can I make a thread about The Great Gatsby?

Can I make a thread about The Great Gatsby?

yes but not without getting bullied

it's a good book but also high school reading

More like The Shit Gatsby amirite

Starting with a Jimmy Neutron image is really an ineffective start.
But, it does holster some realism, as the target audience of this show is identical to the bulk of readers of the Great Gatsby.

if you have remarks about it or invoke some discussion /sticky

what would you like to say I'll listen

Amazing novel desu, but then again I'm not American so don't have to pretend to hate it because people read it at school.

if he was grumpy he'd be The Irate Gatsby

if he was overweight he'd be The Great Fatsby amirite?

if he'd made his fortune in ironworks during the industrial revolution he'd be The Gate Gatsby

UPBOAT XDDDDDD

if he worked on a boat he'd be The Shipmate Gatsby

Haha good one buddy such a sick burn nice

FUCK OFFF

I bought a collection of his entire short fiction a while ago, which would you say are absolute must reads?

>all these people replying to my thread
Great! While I'd like to jump-start a discussion on this book, I'm not really one for the critique of literature. However, I want to know how you feel about Gatsby himself and his unfortunate undoing. Was it justified by any means? Do you like Gatsby as a character?

if he were an angry Veeky Forums poster he'd be The Great Gatsberger

I reckon his fate was deserved. The guy didn't know how to grow up, and he didn't know how to let go. Sure, circumstance made him so unlearned, but circumstance also granted him the wealth that enabled his epicurean lifestyle; its only fitting, really, that circumstance also lead to his undoing. Life happened to Gatsby, and in letting it have its way with him, he accepted the bad with the good.

I also reckon that if he was a hat, he'd be the Great Gatsby.

if he were a baseball player, he'd be The Great Batsby

This is legitimately my fav book but i always get bullied when i wanna talk about it :'(

If he was a seller of cranial fashion accessory, he'd be The Great Hatsby

>not gatsby
You ducking moron, you had one job

We read it in Australian highschools as well. I hated it. The prose was boring and fluffy (I've never liked that old grandiose style). Its look into class was barely eye-opening. I don't like listening to rich people whine, even to make a point I agree with. Each to their own, I guess.

Jimmy Nu-tron irl

>don't like listening to rich people whine
Beats listening to generally-uneducated poor people whine

But the grandiose is 50% of the book's lure. The obnoxious, fulling lifestyle is done really well, especially for some Fitsy.

can you tell why a non-American like me should read it? Isn't it an inside joke of the US literature

alpha as fuck

If he had fucked off that easily he'd be The Not-So-Great Gatsby

You mean that book about Leo DiCaprio movie? I guess it's technically Veeky Forums.

Tender is the Night is the best Fitzgerald novel.

Sometimes I wonder how people reach this point in their life thinking everything went so right that they should take photos detailing their misconduct and post them online.

Shush now. I know you're a poor, "uneducated" prole like the rest of us. Stop trying to be rich like your masters, classcuck.