Literary misery

Does anyone else feel constantly tempted by the literary lifestyle despite getting no pleasure or personal growth out of it?

This user tries to justify the time I spent forcing myself to read the great books, the historical contexts, the best orders. But it all feels so horribly pathetic and empty. I don't remember what I read and I don't enjoy it. I never have. I don't feel myself growing as a person - - indeed, aren't I shrinking? I am wasting the last shreds of my 20s trying to develop myself into a fictional version of myself which - - really - - is no better at all!

Those who read aren't really better off, are they? The greatest of all philosophers agree that the pursuit of answers leads nowhere. We learn to ask better questions for which there are no answers.

And fiction! Fiction. Do we really get a better grasp of human nature, the human problem, the universe's ways, by reading dead dudes' flowery descriptions of old problems? Wouldn't I get far more beautiful, intimate, and practical human experience by learning sports, volunteering, participating in religion? Who becomes a friend based on one's reading checklist? Who shares their deepest secrets with someone who only knows fictional humanity? What woman blessed with beauty wastes it on a compulsive reader with no social experience?

But does it really matter, in the end, when one is trapped within the prison of a small-dicked male body? Isn't the worst life just as sad as the best life knowing that I will never be attractive and will die sad and alone!

>old problems
give me ONE example of an "old" problem

Wow, that gives me a lot to think.

Imagine the rash she'd have from the sweat of her skin in friction with that cheap polyester onesie.

Instead of these fags complaining about their loneliness they could have gone on the internet and shitposted instead.

>And fiction! Fiction. Do we really get a better grasp of human nature, the human problem, the universe's ways, by reading dead dudes' flowery descriptions of old problems? Wouldn't I get far more beautiful, intimate, and practical human experience by learning sports, volunteering, participating in religion? Who becomes a friend based on one's reading checklist? Who shares their deepest secrets with someone who only knows fictional humanity? What woman blessed with beauty wastes it on a compulsive reader with no social experience?

That is why I read poetry and poetry only.

Is having a small dick an old problem or is modern age seeing a recrudescence in such matters?

If you dont like it or get anything out of reading then dont?

>recrudescence

and that's how I know you're a dickhead

You were supposed to do the other things too. A person who spends all their time reading and none of it living or reflecting is just another flavor of dullard.

English is problably not his mother tongue.

Right? My skin started to itch just looking at her.

Woops, that was meant for I don't know how that has happens and I am deeply sorry for all involved.

Isn't poetry boring though?

The perfect opportunity to rub her down with soothing cream.

Get fucked, faggot.

I don't even read anymore, I just come here for the tits.

If you stick only in english poetry, I suppose so.

I love those titties

Best book written since 1996 desu

Just clicked for the tits desu

Fucking love big titties.

gfcore

This
OP, I feel ya, but you are just being a fag
Thanks for the tetas

I like you

POLL:

Big and saggy

or

Medium but perky

small and perky

user you're not drawing me into your shitty thread with your picture of a young woman with a generous cleavage

joke's on you, i had a wank about an hour ago. i'm good for maybe four or five hours now

medium but perky

Huge and heavy so the girl's really uncomfortable and awkward with them. It's so damn cute and sexy

Big and solid

Medium perky any day. I have a small penis as well.

This. Reading should give you some insight that can be applied to other situations. If you don't have a life outside literature you can only judge books aesthetically. The small dick problem is minimal compared to physical and social impotence. Maybe lock it in chastity and become a cocksucking dickgirl. Then at least someone might call you on the weekends.

But i want a qt gal with a nice warm cunt and beautiful huge titties to love me

>old problems

BIG SAGGY

F L A T
L
A
T

you might as well like the dick

Honestly for the small dick thing lick pussy, eat asshole, use toys, foreplay, roleplay, stick big ole dildos in her if she wants. A big dick isn't the end all be all of sex. Most girls wouldn't want to fuck a Hank Hill even if he was hung like a moose because the atmosphere is frankly more important. There are size Queens in this would but most will be happy if you put forth the effort to make sure they cum.

>And fiction! Fiction. Do we really get a better grasp of human nature, the human problem, the universe's ways, by reading dead dudes' flowery descriptions of old problems? Wouldn't I get far more beautiful, intimate, and practical human experience by learning sports, volunteering, participating in religion? Who becomes a friend based on one's reading checklist? Who shares their deepest secrets with someone who only knows fictional humanity? What woman blessed with beauty wastes it on a compulsive reader with no social experience?
The most important thing in reading fiction is joy and pleasure. If you're not enjoying it, stop. And when you read fiction, good fiction, you're still constantly being exposed to new ideas and thoughts and stories, some of which might somehow respond to something inside of you that might in a way give you a little bit of new insight, or motivation, or again, joy. It's not entirely worthless.

If your main concern in reading is the pursuit of actual knowledge, you gotta read non-fiction.

Yeah, until the moment she finds a guy who does all that, but has a dick as though as an evian bottle.

as thick*

This 100%

The myth that guys with big dicks are too ignorant and lazy to eat a girl out is a sad delusional fantasy and based on nothing. Guys with big dicks love eating pussy and are better at it because they get way more practice and are more confident. Plus the girl can get more into it with them because she's not psyching herself out thinking "I have to cum so he doesn't feel bad"

Anything that makes a girl self-conscious or think too much is poison in the bedroom. As soon as she sees that mediocre dick she knows she's gonna have to try harder to cum and not say anything or do anything to make me feel bad and it's just a miserable experience for everybody. With that big dick guy she can just forget everything and go crazy which is what girls really want, hands down

>tfw 5 inch'er
Is there any hope left?

Is this part of your small cock chastity roleplay fantasies or something? Why the fuck do I even come here any more? I leave for a week and when I get back everything is twice as retarded as I remember it being.

Yes.
Virgin wife/gf

This isn't roleplaying it's real life for real people and we're hurting

Maybe you are different, but with the average "normie" girl it's exactly like that. Hence so many faze orgasms.

>Medium but perky
is the highest tier of tits

cowtitfags and pedos get out

fake*

>Veeky Forums
>real life
Dont let the memes eat your soul

reading should be complementary to your life.

your life should be about hanging out with friends and taking care of your family. you should have a steady job, hopefully one that you find meaning in.

Would you leave a worthwhile woman for another because her tits were larger?

Her tits don't influence my sexual satisfaction.

I mean, man are incredibly easier to be satisfied in this regard anyway.

lel

It's not about aesthetics like it is for men, it's about the grim possibility of going through life without any sexual satisfaction at all. The stakes are higher for women because they are capable of tremendous sexual feeling (more than men) but also the vast majority of men are incapable of getting them there. It's a messed up situation. Their whole range of possibilities is far wider. I don't blame them for wanting that big dick because how are you supposed to deal with the horrors of life when your sex life is fake, desperate and empty. They want something real.

Comparing it to aesthetic preferences (pretty/big tits/straight teeth) is missing the point. Those things matter but they're not in the same wheelhouse as dick quality.

what's so funny you dumb frogposter

Dick size is largely inherited. Think about that for a while.

I've been hearing the term for a year, and I still have no idea what the literary lifestyle is supposed to be.

You can apply this to anything. According to your logic, if you were a sex guru with a giant cock who meets all her emotional needs, if she then meets someone who does the same but is rich as fuck she'd instantly drop you, but that is simply not how it works..

You'll only make her uncomfortable about it if you act really insecure and uncomfortable about it yourself.

I agree women are shitty in a lot of cases but you're just fucking yourself over with this attitude even more. If you still want to get laid or have a relationship then at least try to make the best out of it, and if you don't, then why do you care to complain about it? Then again I'm a homo with a big dick so what do I know.

I dont even have frogs in my hard drive, fuck off

>Then again I'm a homo with a big dick so what do I know.
Nothing, you're lucky you don't to live with this.

The literary lifestyle is like your normal lifestyle, but you read books from time to time and tell everyone a lot about how you read books and the books you've read, and make lots of references to Great writers like James Joyce and DFW.

"This tortilla is tasty." - normal you
"This tortilla makes me think of Blood Meridian, a novel by Cormac McCarthy known for its depictions of intense cowboy violence. Needless to say my feelings are ambiguous" - literary lifestyle you

excellent post

Use a dildo, use you fucking fist if she wants it that big. Sex is mostly mental. Your impotence does not stem from you penises but from blaming your impotence on a factor you can't change while ignoring those you can.

>The literary lifestyle is like your normal lifestyle, but you read books from time to time and tell everyone a lot about how you read books and the books you've read, and make lots of references to Great writers like James Joyce and DFW.

oh, so you're basically describing an annoying person. Still I don't see how that's really a lifestyle, but whatever.

I like to read too, but this type of person annoys even me.

This. Their ridiculous and resentful view of women is more likely holding them back than dick size.

I'm all in for using toys but it's not really the same thing.

It was clearly an ironic intentional shitpost, cool your jets

Is blood meridian the gringo's 2666?
If thats the case I want to read it desu

and what makes you think my post wasn't and intentional shitpost, genius?

>wew lads i was just pretending to be retarded tee hee

Classic victim-blaming

It's not resentful toward women to feel bad that they aren't satisfied with mediocre dicks. If anything it is selfless

>and

I still cant get over those tits, lads

>not wanking at least 14 times a day, like a voracious cock-dog

I never touched tits.

Set it as a goal or something because they feel nice you wont regret it

GTFO BACK TO /SOC/ YOU FUCKIN COONTZ

I like her face too. She is so pretty. I want a pretty girl to want to kiss me and tell me I'm a good man :-(

This
Is not how relationships work. It is not an accurate representation of human motivation. It reduces women from being individuals to being merely a mechanism to reinforce your insecurities. You do not believe your penis is to small because women have told you so you believe it because it fails to meet your notion of what it means to be a man. All other things being equal a medium large penis is probably desirable but all other things are never equal.

I'm an autist.

A side chick roastie told me I was a good man one time

Me too but I used to drink
Maybe give that a try

Of course women aren't just after a large cock, but a small one will inevitably lead to a unfulfilling sex life with the guy, no relationship can survive this.

How small?

12cm

Medium bu perky

Boob preference: huge and dense
Current dick: Small, wimpy, and very soft

My ex did literally leave me for her ex and bragged on social media about how much she loved his huge cock and how pathetic guys with small dicks and ED [me] are

I never saw his dick but it is well known in my community that he is really hung

I have written a lot about this OP, but lit ignores and insults me. See my topic below and the copy pasta beneath it that I also wrote

Have you realised that the information age, with the huge amount of reading material, everything in English or translated to English, and vastly increased number of (sub-)media for books alone (physical, magazine, tablet, phone, e-reader, website, blog etc.), has destroyed the idea of being "well read"?

I think this for two reasons. First is the huge volume of stuff. You could read all day and never even read 1 % of all that "valuable" stuff. When it was 1600 and you could have read everything during your 3 years of formal education (more than 99 % of people) you could immediately join the intellectuals club. Now that's not true and it's demoralising.

The second reason is the killer. The idea of some sort of central planning bureau setting the list of required books is seen as farcical. We truly live in a much more multipolar world. Back in 1100 the Church told you to read the Greeks and the Bible and you are suddenly intelligent and well informed. There were no universities or companies or groups to tell you otherwise. These days, the huge increase in education means that everyone has an opinion and the arbitrariness of the "canon" has been exposed even to the most soody of pseudo intellectuals. Not only due to the multipolarisation within literature, but also the multipolarisation among activities. Who would claim that some Fields Medallist winning mathematician is an idiot because he hasn't read the Bible? It would take a high level of soodiness. But it would have been easy 1000 years ago.

Ultimately all this "well read" stuff was just a way for groups of people to signal social status / intellectualism or deriving other benefits by grouping their claimed interests together. We see it today when the academia-media-publishing industrial complex tells you that you have to read books or you're stupid. But this has been taken to a farcical new level now that writers like Tao Lin / Mira Gonzalez exist. It's also clear in other activities.

Your experience is hardly universal. I once cucked a guy who had a monster cock (needed those extra-large condoms) with my own mediocre 5.5 incher. Get charismatic or get out of the gene pool.

Did you just get lucky once or did she actually leave him for you and not go back to him

Go see a doctor if you have ED, that can be a sign of more serious shit.

If you have a small dick, his is likely just normal. I would guess that based around the actions afterwards like them having to tell everyone about it.

Women like being deep-dicked. It's not EVERYTHING or even most things, but it's important. They like feeling effortlessly filled up by girth and like length reaching their deep spots.

Normally I don't say this outside of /b/ but...

Please kill yourself

i think the problem is that you use literature as a status symbol instead of what its real purpose is, to enjoy one's self, to read and hear and learn things you like. the reason this board is shit is because this is where we come to relax after a book, or after a chapter, or what have you. we come here to shoot the shit with vaguely lit topics, and argue our pants off, literature from a critical standpoint has been argued to death, and now we're just going through the motions of analysis. when we return to our books, when we sit down with something we can get lost in, we can really say to fuck with social status, i just want to turn the next page.

the reason you don't get a lot of attention is because you're fucking whining that you're not a madly popular intellectual because you've read literature that you're only supposed to read because YOU LIKE IT. NOT BECAUSE OF THE PERKS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT COME OF IT.

my waifu says you're wrong. lel, what a cuck.