How does one write an empowered female protagonist?

How does one write an empowered female protagonist?
And why would anyone want to?

Other urls found in this thread:

jeremeyprickles.com/chzero1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because you can insert your dumb fetishes into your shitty genreshit novel

I usually pretend I'm a pretty girl

So do I but I don't see what that has to do with this thread

I like how it's literally only genretards who talk/care about this crap

literature is actually a genre itself. you can find it in bookstores near the self-help section.

lol women belong in the kitchen ;-)

Another quality thread

Same here, but I also dress up in my sister's clothing to get more of the feel

>How does one write an empowered female protagonist?
empowered only means a a woman who behaves like men. this is why feminism is shit. feminist want women to just be men, with ofc the perks of being women (meaning having difficulties being depressed and becoming nihilistic for a long time, since there is,sooner or later, a man to serve you for a while, then you may or may not drive him away)

>empowered means manly

okay. so.
how does one write a manpowered woman?

Get your brain pozzed by popculture and feminism.

>being this fragile

This

An empowered woman is a woman who has cast off the weaknesses of femininity, and their constant implicit reliance on men in everything they do

An empowered woman would just be a guy with a cunt

i'd say the biggest thing that sets empowered female characters apart form unempowered ones is how reliant their personality is on whatever romance subplot is going on.
she does not need to kick ass constantly or be equally as strong as the men, despite what tumblr might tell you.
She just needs to be a human with her own motivations and dislikes, rather then an empty plot device without any personalty.
as to why you would want to write one its because having well written characters is nice.

You put more effort into your post than this board deserves

And you ruined it by giving him special back pats for not being an icky misogynist like the rest of the ICKY, ICKY MISOGYNISTS your post is implicitly denouncing because they DARE to besmirch the all-important !!!!WOMEN!!!!

The empowerment of women is contingent on your condescending kind dying out and not thought-policing misogyny to constantly demonstrate that you are a valorous knight

No, it was a pat on the back for writing a thoughtful post instead of writing something as retarded as what you just posted, you illiterate fuck.

Well, the first step would be to not be a stupid sexist kid with no desire to see women realistically.
The second step would be not taking advice from other stupid sexist kids with no desire to see women realistically (in a place where people write idiotic shit like "triggered" "roasties" "libtard" etc. every few minutes).
The third step would be to forget the idea entirely, since you're obviously not suited to such a task.
And you're too fucking stupid to bother with.

nice fruits

Is this post satire?

No it wasn't, because you passed over every other shitty thread in order to single out the one that ruffles your white knight feathers.

Isolate the important variable: It's that you're a pussy who is trying to virtue signal.

>Abandon the quest to depict women intelligently, cis scum! You are obviously not up to this MOMENTOUS TASK!

Jesus Christ. Do you think women as a whole want to fuck you slightly more, because you groveled anonymously over the Internet?

No.

>No.
Well, because it seems like you are just trying to tick all the boxes of a retard who has strong opinions about things he read about by other people who have strong opinions about things they read about. And that is really comedic.

>everyone who defends women just wants to fuck them!
You are literally a cartoon character.

One develops meaningful relations with women, and so.

It's a frogman. They come here from /r9k/ whenever a picture of a woman appears or when someone wants to discuss a female writer.

They have a sixth sense for locating this stuff.

>Retard! Retard! I'm not mad! I just feel compelled to scour tongue-in-cheek misogyny threads on a website filled with tongue-in-cheek misogyny and other black humor, and passive-aggressively indicate my distaste for it!

"Ugh. Thanks for being, like.. the one person.. in this AWFUL thread.. who isn't an ASSHOLE....... Fucking MISOGYNISTS!!!!!!!!!!!"
- You, 2016

I'm a 4/10 lesbian from New Zealand. I am just letting you know that your Internet Quest to Defend Women from Internet Misogyny is transparently pathetic.

>being this sexually frustrated

But it has come to a point where I have a hard time differentiating between genuine frogs, faggots imitating them to make fun of them, and post-ironic just all around shitposters who do not actually have any opinion on the matter.

I'm not even that guy who sucked that user off for making a good post. But where are you getting the idea that i am trying to be passive-aggressive? I am openly mocking you.

>tfw when i have plum tree and no gf to pick it for me

>4/10 lesbian
And the other 60%?

My considerably more attractive girlfriend bought us unpalatable tangerines last night and we had sex after I read Jean Baudrillard's The Consumer Society in the bathroom.

You will never know these joys because you're on the Internet on a weekday morning valiantly defending a gender against implications that it is fragile needs defending. Enjoy virginity without end, and/or eventually being cheated on by women whose lack of libido and eventual infidelity is incomprehensible to you.

You are passive-aggressive because you handle your (misguided) disdain for feckless joke misogyny by coming in and giving someone a Gold Star for not being the one who prompted your passive aggression.

If you're not that guy, congratulations.

You can either just write a man with a woman's name or you can write an """empowered""" female who's a 40 year old HR manager without any kids or man in her life.

Joss whedon always writes good female leads without getting too literary. Just copy what he does.

You want to do it because literature is dominated by women who want to read about women

>joke misogyny

Nice try, numale cuck. Acknowledging facts like females being worthless for anything but fucking and dumping does not equal 'misogyny'

>"""empowered""" female who's a 40 year old HR manager without any kids or man in her life.
these women have ONS, like at work conferences, or FWB

I don't think you're a woman...

Am I not acting feminine enough for your enlightened feminist principles of gender non-essentialism?

Would I be a better character by having a set relationship to the men defending my honour?

I don't know whose trolling whom anymore!

Let's just agree that women are inherently inferior to the white man

No, women are smart enough to understand the importance of not showing your smartness.

Nobody's defending anyone's honour or white knighting here, because nobody has attacked any supposedly female posters, and nobody on Veeky Forums has any fucking honour. You morons just throw buzzwords and memes around hoping some of them will stick.
*Who's, not whose.

Sure, but the joke is on you, because despite being a white man you manage to be lesser than a woman!

>*Who's, not whose.
Trolled!

>Nobody's defending anyone's honour or white knighting here,

Many of the people in this thread only posted because they were annoyed that previous posters were being misogynistic. Instead of hiding the thread or ignoring it, they feel compelled to come in and linger and voice their disapproval, directly or indirectly.

They're defending the honour of women as an abstract group, because they've introjected the mistaken idea that they should be constantly throwing their coat down over puddles at every possible opportunity.

another proof of how we live in a patriarchy

the fell when Veeky Forums now has a higher population of reddit frogniggers than people who read books

I am pretty confident most women who see my post would probably entertain the idea that I am woman before going on a screed about white knights

>user A says something wrong
>user B else says that it is wrong
>thus user B is an obsessed complex-ridden retard

Why must you antagonize everything that disagrees with you rather than trying to indulge in discussion?

You're inferior to me, roastwhore.

Bet your ass is full of inferior fart stinks

one doesn't
>And why would anyone want to?
heck if I know

>Instead of hiding the thread or ignoring it, they feel compelled to come in and linger and voice their disapproval, directly or indirectly.
What's wrong, need a safe space?

Good contribution to the thread, old chap!

Women shouldn't be allowed to post here. They can never understand literature as good and deep as men like me

Honestly, my first assumption was not that you are one of the white knights symptomatic of diseased "pandering patriarchy" like suggests, but that you're actually one of the women whose brains are rotted out by this false obsequiousness.

>The passions of men have thus placed women on thrones, and, till mankind become more reasonable, it is to be feared that women will avail themselves of the power which they attain with the least exertion, and which is the most indisputable.

But I'd prefer to deal with the men, who can at least stop actively Othering women, rather than the women who are so brainwashed and passivised by their false authenticity that they thank people for Othering them.

No one disagreed with anybody. Either some spiritually stunted woman or one of her pathetic worshipers was passive aggressive and I advised him to stop being such a faggot.

Improve your reading comprehension. I don't care if you want to demonstrate that you're a pussy. I'm just mocking you for your impotent, frustrated rage.

>Improve your reading comprehension. I don't care if you want to demonstrate that you're a pussy. I'm just mocking you for your impotent, frustrated rage.
To me it just seems like you are mad that someone came into this thread and dared to no hate women. I bet you are also this close to using the term "SJW" or something like that.

I can tell your a woman by your thinking with your feels rather than rationality and logic.

You deserve to sit on your knees and have your mouth fucked by a superior being like me until you learn to shut up when you're in the presence of men

What was your mother like?

I'm sure a lot of things seem like other things to you, because you think entirely in cliches, chomping at the bit for any opportunity to stop thinking and start merely "saying."

>A-HA! SAFE SPACE! YOU JUST WANT A SAFE SPACE! I've proved that "anti-SJWs" are just as bad as "SJWs," just like I read on that blog!! Now I can rest contented! Don't you want to say "SJW?" I bet you do!

You're trapped in binaries of your own invention, and your brain shuts off before you even start grappling with the meaning and intent behind what you're reading. You're just looking for ready-made stock formulae to apply.

She was a litigator.

>I am a man that means I am better than all women because most men are better than most women
This is how people like you gain their selfworth: latching onto some group they happen to belong to and thus immediately assuming that the accomplishments of said goup are their own.

You're one of those bad liars who give too much details

>Well, see, I actually DID think you were a woman at first, but rationalization whatever...

How can you not tell it's the same person posting strawmen fifteen times already in the thread?

It's kind of hard to see his posts because no one replies to them, but still.

>latching onto some group they happen to belong to and thus immediately assuming that the accomplishments of said goup are their own.

Again, this is another cliche. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter. You're just a mouthpiece for a free-floating stock argument you've seen used a thousand times on Reddit, until it sunk into your brain.

Why not try to type something new, not derivative of the blogosphere gestalt? Have your authentic self ever even been "turned on?" You do know you have one, right?

Very redpilled. Go western civilization!

>You're trapped in binaries of your own invention, and your brain shuts off before you even start grappling with the meaning and intent behind what you're reading. You're just looking for ready-made stock formulae to apply.
The ironic thing is that both sides of the spectrum say this to the other side. Or rather: tell themselves that the other side is like that; and since they only communicate with their own end of the spectrum, they developed an echo chamber where the other side only consists of the most radical of extremists - because they know only the tales that were hand-picked to make the other side look bad.

I am sure most conflicts could just be solved by an actual dialogue where both participants try to have as little smugness as possible.

Notice how I wrote this as neutrally as possible. I would write it exactly like that at some tumblr tards thinking everyone who wants traditional family values is a fucking nazi.

>Whether it's true or not doesn't matter.
Well, but it is true. So why bother writing something else?

I agree 100% and I'm not at all attacking left wingers or feminists because I'm on the "other side." I am a left wing feminist. I'm taking issue with non-thought, not what the non-thought is about.

>I am a left wing feminist

How does it feel to be brainwashed?

what are you people even talking about?

nothing, just keeping the front page of Veeky Forums off-topic

A character of mine. A sorceress filled with competence in her field,obsessed with details from this professionalism because overlooking even one could kill,and self isolated by paranoia because of the power she wields and hundreds of years dodging traps set specifically for her. She prides herself on her abilities yet is wise enough to know her limitations. She has long accepted her burdens and pointedly ignores the sentimental longings her flesh puppet may yearn for,because they have often been the bait of many a deathtrap. She still has a feminine side,expressed through the few comforts she allows herself. I write her as a resource and a semi tragic figure, but strong in will. A woman can be this and more.

Another strip that explores her thought processes.

it's a dog

this is less cluttered than the stuff you've posted before, the panel layout and progression makes sense now. Maybe once you've worked on it some more you can make them actually interesting as well.

this on the other hand is so fucking overburdened by text and weird speechbubble segregation that it's just fucked

I'm listening to advice...the second strip is a lot older. Its stuffing these ideas into a single page that is my main struggle. Here's a chapter with no dialogue about her.
jeremeyprickles.com/chzero1.html

Why don't you just do a picture book? Your speech bubbles bring the quality down to DA tier, the rest of it is like 70s stoner zine tier.