Fresh Herb Dishes/Herb Gardens

Well howdy Veeky Forums

I just got a small herb garden going, parsley, rosemary, chives and sweet basil

I'd like to know what kinds of things you cook with fresh herbs as I'm not use to having them on hand.

I'd also like to see and hear about your herb gardens

pic is the basil im about to pot

Shit OP, your herb plants are going to grow twice as big if you use that potting mix. I don't know if we have enough ideas around these parts for all the fresh herbs you're going to have on hand.

>we
aww that's cute are you in a gang or a club? you want some reddit gold? I was asking people who actually cook and live on their own faggot move along

why so butthurt kiddo
why so anally sore
why so rearly devastated

not butthurt friendo, was just hoping there was someone besides McChickens up right now

It's funny because you made a reddit joke but you'd literally get more help there

why do you need to remind yourself that your glue is in fact glue

Get some oregano.
Use the oregano and basil in pastas, either in the sauce or in a pesto (for the basil). Use the parsley as a garnish.
For the chives, use it in place of an onion when stir-frying, especially with meats.
Use the rosemary with olive oil for bread dipping, and use it in stews or soups.

this shit is obvious though, anyone got real ideas?

why did you even make this thread if you knew this then? There is no special dish that uses all those gay herbs you chose.

gay herbs? there's nothing wrong with my herbs you piece of shit

chives are great for scrambled eggs. I make mine with diced onionsn and ham/bacon and diced tomatoes ---> very juicy and delicious scrambled eggs.

Buttered boled potatoes are great with parsley and/or rosemary.

Basil is fantastic for plain mozzarella and tomato "salad". Cherry or date tomatoes, mozzie and finest quality EVOO and salt and pepper, sprinkle with basil leaves, eat with toasted chiabatta.

I don't know why I expected some original ideas from this board

chive in eggs...

thanks yall, some bitter virgin got mad and is pretending to be me to ruin the thread, i appreciate the input

i usually use basil to make pesto and mix that pesto in rice and or pasta

>hat kinds of things you cook with fresh herbs
Instead of using dry herbs, you simply use fresh ones.
Difficult.

thx i will have to give pesto a shot eventually

not really, maybe for some dishes but ive seen many recipes that call for something dry or fresh, was more interested in stuff other people with gardens make with their herbs

Im also interested in seeing other peoples gardens and maybe hearing some tips or something

ill take a pic of mine later

I make lemon lavender scones regularly with lavender I grow in my garden.

And like everyone else here, the staples, basil, oregano, rosemary and chives. Marigolds both as a pest deterrent and for salads, though it's not a spice.

Wonder if anyone grows weird things like marjoram. Or really useful things like vanilla

My best tip is to make sure you plant chives, thyme, and rosemary. Rosemary is year round and lives a very long time, and chives and thyme will keep coming back every spring for years. Thyme plants usually last me about 4 years, and I'm on year 6 of my chive plant. My rosemary bush is only 3 years old, but huge.
Parsley will sometimes come back, sometimes not.

You have high expectations for a board with more than half of its threads dedicated to fast food.

interesting i saw lavender but was like wtf imma do with some lavender

any of yall doing apt style grows

bumb

Compound butters (lots of recipes online, good for finishing grilled stuff)
Tisanes (lots of fun, play with temperatures and soak times)
Marinades (shred and slow marinade)
Herb crisps (brush with oil, cling film, microwave)

If you are feeling creative then
Herb coals
Extractions using solvents
Tinctures n shit

As for what sort of dishes
Basil-garnish for pizza and pasta
Parsley is good for soups, potatoes, and many sauces
Rosemary is delicious with roasts, white fish, and deserts
Chives are nice in creamy condiments like tartare sauce, egg mayo, and as a garnish for salads.
Herbs i highly recommend growing are thyme (phenomenally versatile and there exist loads of varieties), lavender (complex aroma and great depth), and greek basil (wonderful taste and repels flies and the like.)

If you don't shit in your garden why even have one if you're just going to pretend to like the Earth.

Chop the herbs up finely with garlic. Mash them into a nice paste. Then shove them up your ass