Tfw Raskolnikov was only 22

>tfw Raskolnikov was only 22

Why? It makes perfect sense

How so, my anonymous friend?

Only someone in their early twenties would axe-murder someone in order to find out if they are an ubermensch or not, and then be devastated and haunted by their own actions

>tfw in today's world, you'd either be sent to solitary confinement for the rest of your life or face the death penalty, not be sent to 8 years of hard labor in Siberia

>ubermensch
I think you should shut up.

I'm 22 as well in an extremely similar predicament.

maybe folks had to grow up quicker back then?

Who and how did you carry out the murder?

poor breivik

>not wanting to die or be alone instead of having to work hard for 8 years

eastern european backwoods. elderly. all im saying

>yfw you realize that if Edgar Allan Poe had not invented the police procedural 15 years earlier, C&P could never have been written as we know it.

Can you explain further, my man?

Nah, Les Miserables maybe

Prest 'n Nock is that most rare of Russian novels - short and throughline enough for undergrads to actually read it. Because it is basically a police police procedural. Dusty feels that Russian compulsion to start way before the crime itself, but it follows the formula, setup, crime, cops, investigation, interrogation, climax, denoument.

The mystery is not who dunnit, but will he/ won't he, but that's a detail. It's a cop story with ambitions. He borrowed the cop form from Poe.

See Dusty's introduction to Vremia, 1861. He mentions Rue Morgue specifically.

>tfw no Sonia gf waiting faithfully for you to get out of prison

Sheltered trust fund babbies detected, you are well into manhood at age 22.
Well did you feel like Napolean?

tfw c&p is the only reason to learn russian

Then do tell, what else would he be meaning with his argument of the "superior man" not bound by our morals?

Not if you're still a virgin.

Rasky was a virgin AND a NEET.

>virgin

I doubt it.

but it was implied rasko raped the aunt