1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Are your countrymen capable of making good sandwiches?

>Switzerland
>No

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_sandwich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm American and we basically invented sandwiches so yes

>'merica
>We aren't called burgerland for nothing

1. Britain
2. Yes

Even the Japanese make fun of English sandwiches.

1. Hamburgers are German
2. A burger is not a sandwich. Before you say that it is, English is our (Brits') language, and we do not call burgers sandwiches, so get used to it or start speaking Spanish or some shit you yank cunt

>burgers are german
TOP FUCKING KEK M8

Next you're going to be telling me that pizza is Italian. Fuck off.

I don't know what you mean by this

Why don't you show me some evidence for your claim, or level a specific allegation

Otherwise you're not saying anything

I'm glad you acknowledge the stupidity of Americans. They really are that stupid though.

>>>
> Anonymous 04/14/17(Fri)20:56:02 No.8812921▶
>File: cheese-and-pickle-sandwich.jpg (212 KB, 1400x600)
> (OP)
>we basically invented sandwiches.

American exceptionalism/ignorance make me laugh every day I go on the internet.

You're sandwhich a shit
t. Japan man

It's meat, cheese, toppings, and condiments between two pieces of bread. If that's not a sandwich then fucking nothing is.

American is our language, and burgers are sandwiches, so get used to it before we drop a MOAB on you.

>Poland
the zapiekanka is probably the only national sandwich (grilled cheese over sautéed mushrooms, sometimes other ingredients as well. always pretty long, always topped with ketchup or mustard. used to be the primary streetfood around in communist times, slightly less popular now)

We literally invented ignorance dumbass, you should be thanking us every day.

>If that's not a sandwich then fucking nothing is.
Nope, you don't know the meaning of the word sandwich.

A sandwich has to be between two pieces of sliced bread, or it's not a sandwich.

It's a bread roll then it's not a sandwich either. It's a roll. A cheese & pickle roll, for instance.

Sandwiches must be between sliced bread.

American isn't a language. English is a language, and you're speaking it.

May I remind you that sandwiches are our invention. The Earl of Sandwich invented them. And he used two slices of bread.

We have determined what sandwiches are because it's our fucking language.

Get used to it.

>it's our fucking language
Not anymore it's not. American English baby.

Switzerland isn't that bad at making sandwiches tho

>American English
>English
American English is a variant of English.

English is the name of the language.

The language you speak is called English.

>Even the Japanese make fun of English sandwiches.
I doubt it considering we invented the name and made it a staple.

Mushrooms are disgusting. Also that isn't a sandwich because a sandwich needs to be between two pieces of sliced bread.

>Even the Japanese

Oh not. Not the Japanese. How will we ever cope without the approval of the Japanese. Oh woe is us etc.

Yeah, but the English have no say in how we use it. Americans decide the meaning of words in American English. What you say is irrelevant.

In America, hamburgers are sandwiches. Deal with it.

Italian
Panini master race

American
No

In the English language, which you're using, burgers are not sandwiches. Deal with it.

And HAMBURG-ers are German. Deal with it.

Denmark.
Yes. Also sandwich aptitude isn't based on country even remotely, nor is any other cookery. Hard working or talented chefs will be good, bad chefs will suck

In American English, which I'm using, burgers are sandwiches. Deal with it.

We won our independence and if we call burgers sandwiches, then burgers are sandwiches.

You can have your british english and we will keep our american english. We will dominate popular culture and you can have your island!

No bierock, Hamburg steak, and frikadellen are German. The using of a beef patty slapped on bread with condiments, cheese and toppings is strictly American. Hamburgers are American, only the name is German. There is no traditional hamburg dish anything like the hamburger. Now kill yourself you dirty Muslim.

Italian citizen but mum's a Swissizen.

Both are good for simple sandwiches. Simple sandwiches are all I like. The more complex and cumbersome, the less I enjoy it.
So, if you're okay with simple, both CH and IT are good. If not, you'll hate'em.
Though south Italy also has panuozzo, which are complex sandwiches, but they're delicious still.

IINM, hamburg steak is German but hamburger sandwiches are American.

We can't into complex sandwiches like the Scandies and Americans make. For many people, that means they're not very good, but I disagree. I like a simple ham sandwich with mayonnaise. When the bread and ham are as top-tier as they are in CH, you don't even need cheese.

>We won our independence
Worst mistake you guys ever made.
Now (((they))) run your lives.

What you're saying is factually false. A burger is manifestly NOT A SANDWICH. A BURGER AND A SANDWICH ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS.

You are using these words incorrectly. I suggest you invent a new word that encompasses both of these SEPARATE concepts if that's what you desire.

>The term sandwich... refers only to an item which uses sliced bread from a loaf.[citation needed] An item with similar fillings, but using an entire bread roll cut horizontally in half, is always referred to as a roll.
>Any hot item based on a bread roll is referred to as a burger, never as a sandwich. However, hot sliced (not ground) beef between two slices of toasted bread is referred to as a steak sandwich: it is the sliced loaf bread that distinguishes the steak sandwich from a burger.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

Pic related is sandwich bread and ONLY THIS KIND OF BREAD IS USED IN A SANDWICH. If you are using a roll, THEN IT'S NOT A SANDWICH.

GET USED TO IT.

>A sandwich has to be between two pieces of sliced bread, or it's not a sandwich.
>A sub isn't a sandwich
>open-faced sandwiches aren't sandwiches
>a sandwich has to be between two pieces of bread, ad infinitum

keep those slices comin', boys

>burgers are american

Sorry Tyrone and LaMarcus, but you're FACTUALLY INCORRECT.

Sorry to burst your bubble!

>[citation needed]

lowqualitybait.jpg

>A sub isn't a sandwich
You're right it's not. It's a sub.

>open-faced sandwiches aren't sandwiches
You're right it's not. It's something on toast or something on bread.

>a sandwich has to be between two pieces of bread, ad infinitum
Between two slices of a loaf of bread, yes.

Remind me who invented the sandwich? Oh yes, it was the Earl of Sandwich, who was BRITISH.

OUR USAGE IS CORRECT. YOU ARE NOT USING THE WORD CORRECTLY.

It's not bait, I forgot to take that bit out.

Look at the link, what I quoted exists on that page.

>Mushrooms are disgusting
confirmed pleb who's only had mass-produced button mushrooms, probably frozen too
also confirmed retard for not knowing what an open-faced sandwich is
what would you even call that if not a sandwich, "bread-and-cheese-and-also-mushrooms"?

Only the beef patty is German. All origin stories of the actual hamburger are American based. But what should I expect from a dirty middle easterner. Are hamburgers even halal?

Mushrooms are disgusting.

I'd call it a half baguette topped with mushrooms and cheese.

Or I'd call it Zapiekanka since that's its name.

>White Castle traces the origin of the hamburger to Hamburg, Germany with its invention by Otto Kuase.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

Sorry Trayvon, you're wrong. :^)

>Open sandwiches are rare outside of Scandinavian delicatessens. Instead, there is "on toast" (e.g., cheese on toast). However, this is not considered a sandwich.

Faggot.

Historian Frank X. Tolbert, noted that Athens resident Clint Murchison said his grandfather dated the hamburger to the 1880s with 'Old Dave' a.k.a. Fletcher Davis.[18]A photo of "Old Dave's Hamburger Stand" from 1904 was sent to Tolbert as evidence of the claim.[18]

>An American claims that an American invented it with supporting evidence provided by an American

Solid proof.

>Finland
Eh, sour rye bread with smoked salmon, pickles and egg butter is pretty great. That's all I can really think of.

Went to Poland a while ago, every sandwich I had there was great.

kek

Just like how your source is a fast food chain. Good job moron.

>brit talking about sandwiches

*tips toast sandwich*

The ancient romans ate beef patties in between sliced bread cakes. Isicia Omentata. Your shithole country didn't even exist then, Cleetus.

>That's all I can really think of.
Mämmi/memma.

US of A
Burgers are overrated, although they are certainly American. Tuna fish master race. Nothing beats tuna, mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, dill, lemon juice, and pepper between dark rye with lettuce and tomatoe.

Scratch that lettuce part. Spinach or arugula. Bread obviously toasted.

Fuck, even our highway rest stops have amazing sandwiches.

>Murica
>yes

United States
I'm sure one of the 320 million burgerlanders could make a decent sandwich.

Neither did yours Mohammed.

>a sandwish has to be between two pieces of bread
>take a sandwich, put it between two slices of bread.

Recursive much? You just admitted a sandwich is defined by the fillings. The stuff between the bread is the sandwich.

Belgium, Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

>It's not bait, I forgot to take that bit out.
>[citation needed]

But it refutes your point, why gloss over it? Requiring sandwiches only use sliced bread is arbitrary.

You also invented dfivegrass and you suck at that too.

We put mayo in all the wrong places
>ham sandwich with mayonnaise
See?

It's a reference you dip.

In H2G2 Arthur Dent goes on about how Brits can't make a good sandwich. When he gets stranded on another planet he dedicates his life to sandwich making and becomes a sandwich master.

>we put mayo in all the wrong places

promise?

;D

Literally only Brits go by that definition. And sliced bread makes for the worst sandwiches.
As usual when Brits invent something, the rest of the world improves it.

> live in switzerland
> sandwiches everywhere
> move to germany
> we have a dry piece of bread with butter and buttercheese

>bread roll
>not a sandwich

That better for you Nigel?

looks dryer than a nuns fanny mate

Kek

1. Netherlands
2. I'm inclined to say yes, as our national cuisine is such utter dogshit the only way to get something palatable in you would be by ways of bread.

Buglaria

If this counts as a sandiwch, then yes i guess,

How does it feel knowing the sandwich is older than your entire country?

>confederate states of america
we got the muffaletta and the poboy

1. America
2. Yes

I'd be concerned if a nun's ass wasn't dry.

We also boast all relevant styles of barbecue, which is frequently served in sandwich form.

Kansas City fags and their shit ribs BTFO.

>muffaletta

Mah niggah!

1. Chile
2. Sí

if a hamburger isn't a sandwich because it's between two buns, then why is the McChicken widely regarded as the best fast food sandwich despite being between two buns

checkmate atheists

In Buttertoothspeak, 'fanny' means 'vagina.'
In Amerifatspeak, it means 'arse/ass.'
trufax

>French-Canada
>Yes

a burger is a special case. It transcends the sandwich

this is reasonable and i respect it. thank you.

>What are dialects

Because a hamburger is a sandwich?
What fucking retard told you otherwise?

And you speak British English. Your dumb queen didn't invent English.

It really isn't a reference though. Culture has minimal bearing on sandwich makery on a professional level

that looks bad tho, too much meat. gives the rest of the sandwich no time to shine.

This

Not a sandwich.

>Sweden
>we made it an art form

>1. Britain

I'm from England, and yes we make good sandwiches.

Hit and miss.
Supermarket sandwiches are shit.
Most sandwiches made by mums or nans are shit.
Only good sandwich is from deli that charges way too much or ones you make yourself.

bbc

Franklin Giant Grinder, Hartford, Connecticut.

Wethersfield Pizza House, Wethersfield, Connecticut.

Carbone's Market, Torrington, Connecticut.

Cavallo's Deli, Waterbury, Connecticut.