What's Veeky Forums without al/ck/?

What's Veeky Forums without al/ck/?

You guys are what's keeping me on the wagon edition.

>T-thanks.

FUCK

I can't say I've been sober for any decent amount of time, and I'm drinking as I write this. But lately I've been able to sort of tone it down a bit. Haven't been black-out drunk in a while (though I black out quite easily) and keeping my drinking limited to nights and evenings. So that's that, I guess.

6:21 am on Saturday here.

Still drinking and have been since like 3pm on Friday.

Lately I've been blacking out when I drink this much but presently just cruising along and not remotely tired.

I've got about a bottle of Turkey left after 2 bottles in the last like 24 hours.

I am quitting come Monday. Bonafide serious.

I can't eat unless I'm drunk.
It's nice because I get drunk quicker on an empty stomach but I know I'm malnourished as fuck. My hair is falling out like crazy.

>but I know I'm malnourished as fuck. My hair is falling out like crazy.

Same. It's amazing how much thicker and fuller my hair seemingly feels after just like three weeks of sobriety.

Been a while since I've gone that long though.

Have you guys experienced any serious health consequences yet?

I have scarring on my liver

The last time I went to a doctor was 4 years ago and he said "It's really bad, You need to quit drinking". I haven't been to a doctor since, So I'm guessing It's pretty bad now.

It hurts my right side, towards my back every morning I wake up. So I'm guessing something back there is starting to fail too

I'll probably be dead by 40.

Made moonshine with pineapples, got reaaaaal dickered last night

whats the point of these threads?
stay sober?
start drinking again?
do you guys promote one or the other?

>Wisdom teeth out this morning
>Craving a drink
>Throwing by vicodin for the pain
>Doc said I can't drink

What the fuck do I do?

Can I actually not drink or is just saying I shouldn't get like drunk on these

You can.

That enhances the vicodin buzz nicely

Lol

it's the first thing I think about when I wake up, wondering if I should do it again. If I make it past 11PM when my place closes, then I'm fine all night, don't think about it again until they open up.

>Mixing alcohol and painkillers
Never a good idea.

Keep it up user. I'm a month sober on Sunday. It sure is hard, but I'm down 20 lbs with the help of a diet and feeling healthier in general.

how many did you take? the acetaminophen in it plus booze WILL kill you if you took more than two pills and even then you shouldn't get hammered

You have to take like 8 grams of APAP for it to be MAYBE to be fatal 24 months later. There isn't even 3 grams in that whole bottle I bet

That's not what kills people when they combine alcohol and hydrocodone. It's CNS depression and even that is almost unheard of with hydrocodone. You will get itchy as fuck and fall asleep long before you die of CNS depression

>What's Veeky Forums without al/ck/?

A better board.

augh yeah folks i talked to the girl i liked last night when she called me out of the blue to wish my happy birth day for the first time in a year, i had a few sips of evan williams while i talked to her, woke up with alittle hangover and have been guzzling whiskey and sucking down little ceasers deep dish pepperoini and playin vidya and playin with myself alot AUGH YEAH FOLKS this is the life folks augh yeahf olks :D

you dick, do you know what it's like trying to stay upright while looking at that flipped image?

reminder that there's absolutely nothing Veeky Forums about al/ck/, and you should >>>[r9k] yourselves
bunch of faggots

m8 the problem is not the hydrocodone, its the APAP, and combined with alcohol drastically reduces the threshold for permanent liver damage

and where are you getting 8g? 4 is enough WITHOUT booze

From what I've seen, it's something of a clusterfuck of different things. Here are the main ones.
>people generally talking about what they are drinking and how they are doing
>alcoholics talking of their woes and health problems
>advice from alcoholics in recovery
>new alcoholics who are scared and ask for advice on how to deal with withdrawal or cut down their drinking
>people who hardly drink but think they might be alcoholic or at risk
>competitive people who boast and argue about how much they drink
>pot smokers who bash alcohol
>people who like to laugh about how degenerate they think al/ck/ threads are, and troll

You guys have your own thread yet you constantly have to shitpost your drinking habits in other threads. Bunch of faggots but at least you're not stoners.

I don't even really want to drink this evening, but I'm bored and feel compelled to go get some beer. Not really sure what to do.

Welp, been counting, that makes 47 times that I've vomited between 5.20am and 11pm today. I'm just going to starve to death if the booze doesn't get me.

How much did you drink for your body to need to vomit that much?

It's almost entirely dry heaving, but I can't take so much as a sip of water without throwing up at least twice as much immediately thereafter. I'm so fucking thirsty, 4 days since I drank anything but alcohol and kept it in for more than like 10 minutes.
Owie.

Aw yeah fuck yeah, found a $5 in my pocket. Getting drunk again.

>4 is enough WITHOUT booze
I took 12g a few years back and I'm still kicking.
Or maybe I'm in hell, which would explain a lot.

Glad to know we have australian alcoholics here too.

>Woke up 5 minutes after alcohol sale ended

God fucking damn it

>tfw you don't even want to drink but you're about to start anyway and will go to bed drunk like the past month

hurray for friday day drinking!

Getting sucked back into it. Went 102 days at the end of 2016, then 82 at the start of this year. Had 7 bottles since then though.

I'm too obese to drink. I'm legit going to die if I don't stop and/or lose weight. My drinking wouldn't be an issue otherwise. If I were 200 pounds lighter I'd have no concerns.

>taking a shot RIGHT NOW while filling out a captcha
feels good.

I've taken it down to once per week and drinking beer. It's almost not even worth the effort to get drunk enough to enjoy it and I actually had a hangover for the first time in a while

I dont even understand how people get drunk off beer. Its probably just my tolerance but after a few I feel nothing but bloated and have to piss every 10 minutes

I don't know if it has been 3 or 4 weeks since I've last drank.

Being sober sucks.

augh yeah folks im buzzin like a muslin since like noon, been suckin on evan williams playin vidya on the raspberry pi and watching youtube videos and listening to music, i talked to the girl i like last night who is HOT (to me) and i feel good as fugg :D
huzzah for day drinkin! :D
why how much of a fatso are you user, im like 280 and im a fuckin blimp :D

I can't take much more of this. A 4-5 days off booze and using medication to stop withdrawals and I've never been more depressed in my life. This medication does one thing and one thing only, and that's to stop withdrawals. Other than that, it just makes me drowsy, sleep or feel like a fucking zombie. It's only enhancing the depression not drinking gives you and makes me feel like doing nothing.

It doesn't help that I'm alone as fuck with no friends or family around.

Fuck it. How safe is it to drink again after taking 0.1mg of Clonidine 5 hours ago?

I can get drunk if I just steady pound coors light. These days I drink craft beers with at least 7% but it's still a ton of work to get good and drunk

sober 6 months after being taken to the ER and then psych ward

feels boring...? nice not to be hungover in the morning and nice not to be so suicidally anxious/depressed when coming off the booze

but it's still boring

this is like my third go-round, i had two non-consecutive sober years before and then relapsed HARD around the one year mark

i said goodbye to my grandpa today, he's in the hospital and his heart is failing, its a matter of hours apparently. wasn't gonna drink tonight but i got some beer on the way home, fuck it

I'm sorry for you loss, user. I'll have a drink for you and your 'pa.

Sucks man, sorry. People will probably scold you for not staying with him in his final hours but I was with my grandmother when she passed and it is not an experience I would wish on anyone, its extremely haunting.

>What's Veeky Forums without al/ck/?
A board without a social club general that belongs on /soc/?

al/ck/ has always been as staple of this board get over it already, nothing is going to change

thanks, i couldnt actually be there because i live in a different state, but im glad i at least got to say goodbye over the phone

>hey guys I'm a newfag!

A week in... fuck me this blows

>Sober
>Impossible to sleep

How the fuck do people manage to fall asleep sober

have you tried weed?

here. Clonidine. Go get prescribed some. Believe me, it knocks you the fuck out. I was at the hospital because my withdrawals got so bad and they prescribed me that shit.

Watching Portlandia idk

Just stay awake for a few days until you begin having hallucinations and delusions. Eventually you'll have a deep sleep and feel fine.

Wouldn't know how to get it

I can't do fucking anything, all motivation to do anything is lost, I don't feel like doing shit, sleep would fix it but I can't even do that fuck

are you from portland?

This makes me sad. Won't ur people be sad

Idk I just mess around on my PC. Just find a way to distract yourself. Like Veeky Forums

do you exercise? try exercising before bed until you tire yourself out
also read a book or something instead of looking at the computer or TV. screens give off light that kills melatonin

Finally got to the stage where I am a bottle deep and don't feel drunk, and my sober thoughts of "stop this madness" are still prevalent.

Think it is time to quit. This isn't fun any more

So that was the worst bender in my life.
First few days were fine but yesterday I didn't have anything to eat and was constantly drunk to the point of passing out. Passed out, woke up, drank more and passed out again. In bed with the "bag" from the bag-in-box-wine with me and vodka on the nightstand. It's morning now and I stated drinking the last wine but went to the bathroom and stood on my knees and puked and thought "What am I doing with my life?".
Got a knife and destroyed the bag of wine and poured it down the drain, never poured out alcohol before.
This just has to stop, will make an honest try.

the key to binging correctly is to eat and drink water
if you don't do that you're completely fucked whenever you stop drinking. You're probably not going to want to eat anything for a couple days more, i've been there before, but you gotta just shove that food down

i poured out alcohol for the first time in my life 3 weeks ago and havent drank since

The typical prescription vicodin goes fucking awesome with a six pack, user.

-t. guy who broke his arm last year

I was really fucking skeptical, and started with one beer the first night I tried both, and slowly tested the waters from there. A sixer of mickeys and a vicodin will be the nicest feel you'll ever have.

Yeah I know, but being that drunk don't really make you think ahead. And my body feel bad in a way it hasn't before, but it could have been even worse. But I'm really gonna try to not drink alone for a while.

Just walking around and cleaning everything I can, that way I can distract myself and feel like less shit.

That's encouraging, thanks.

I know that feel. Melatonin does me nicely.

Or waking up early with a monster fucking hangover the morning of and not sleeping.

Had two tallboys at a bonfire, and putting back a couple glasses of whiskey tonight. I promised my mom I'd get up early tomorrow and be over at their house. She had a rant and rave talk, with much of it focused on my drinking last week, so I gotta hold to it.

Question for you veterans here.

Anyone here had/drink calvados, and if so, what's your preferred brand? I'm trying to expand my prospects without breaking the bank. Been wanting to try it for a while.

Never heard of this before, but it sounds delicious.

I need to ship in some real Czech absinthe now that I'm working again.

So what do you guys drink and how long does a bottle of it last for you?

I drink shitty vodka, the bottom shelf shit that you can buy for about 13 bucks a handle. handle usually can last me about 4 days

I drink a cheap beer only in my local area, and Old Crow whiskey. A handle normally gets me a weekish.

>I am quitting come Monday. Bonafide serious.
if youre serious you would quit right now

hey dont discourage him

Drinking this. Hopefully not through the night but for the next few nights. Fuck my life. Cant ever be happy

Hey, I drink that too.

Was $20 at my Vons. Best deal ive found in a long time

I fucking hate alcohol licensing hours. Why do I have to fucking suffer like this, just staring at the clock while in a state of horrified withdrawal? Fuck this.

Buy in bulk man. If not go to 711.

At my place it's like 15 bucks.

I wish I lived where you lived man.
But dude,check my dubs to your dubs.
You're my best friend till I out friend

I meant these friend

That's it, I give up trying to brush my teeth. I drink carbonated, acidic-as-fuck cider, can practically feel my teeth rotting out of my face, so I try to brush them... and immediately throw up, every time, thereby covering my teeth in a mixture of cider and stomach acid.
When I get toothache I don't know what the absolute fuck I'm going to do.

I'm drinking steel 211 right now.

I can't decide whether, if we all lived in a big, shared house together, it'd be a tremendously supportive and beneficial environment, or an instant, hellish, puke and piss covered riot.

well ive been in these threads for awhile and I can say that most of us arent the frat boy piss and vomit everywhere type of people, were pretty controlled drunks

Wish I was drinking beer instead. Starting to realize how lonely I am

Don't wory, I'm lonely too. But don't really care.

you ever get to that point where you're so accustomed to loneliness that you can't even tell when someone is flirting with you

Honestly, Sometimes I do. For me it's one less person to deal with.

We would probably have a constant draw going on for who would buy the alcohol for the week
the nights would be late, the mornings would be early and terrible, we'd have numerous cooks in the house so breakfast wouldn't be a problem
Dinners would also be great, we'd probably have a giant table that eveyrone could fit in like one of those medieval long tables, thered be like 4 people always at the stove making sure the shit we make comes out awesome
and then we would all die because our livers failed

already an al/ck/ not even 21 yet...
am I fucked?

yep

welp might as well enjoy the ride

I was an alcoholic at 19 so probably
welcome

I started around your age. I could never quit. But I have been able to tone it down though.