Does anarcho-Catholicism exist? If so could anyone recommend some anarcho-catholic writers?

Does anarcho-Catholicism exist? If so could anyone recommend some anarcho-catholic writers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Worker_Movement
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Ellul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoyan_movement
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_pacifism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Catholicism implies a divine hierarchy.

Current anarchism just stands for lack of state. Don't be an autist pal

Well so does all Christianity but Tolstoy is still considered anarchist Christian

Got anymore of those? Favorite meme right there

Yeah. Tolkien, for example.

>everything is acceptable
>as long as
Not an egoist. Nothing is acceptable to an egoist: who would accept it?

I am interested.Could you elaborate?

Dorothy Day called herself a Catholic anarchist, but if you actually examine her positions she really just seems to be a theocrat. She believed in the primacy of the Church above all demands the nation-state could make.

I think that's an extremely attractive position, as a Catholic myself.

Not really. Tolkien kept out of politics, for the most part -- most of what we know comes from private letters. What he really was was a nostalgist. He wanted to go back to the never-happened times of good kings and simple folk.

>Does anarcho-Catholicism exist?
Anarchy in the Church is called protestantism.

>Current anarchism just stands for lack of state.
Like the Papal States and Vatican City? Theocracy is not anarchy.

>Could you elaborate?
All we have is in Letter 52 to his son Christopher:

>My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs)—or to 'unconstitutional' Monarchy."
Given how confused are his views, I would think political philosophy is not his proficiency, he should probably leave this King of Anarchy back to the wizard's tower where he picked the idea up, and stick to writing his elven genealogies.

These.

I kind of like that. Did she develop anything about it?

>being Catholic
>ever
>being Christian
>ever
>thinking God could be trapped within any shitty human construct
>ever

There's a bit about it in this Wiki entry on the movement she founded: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Worker_Movement

Is the pope an anarchist?

thx lads

Dorothy Day

All you need to know is that one line by Jesus about giving Caesar what's coming to him...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Ellul
Don't know it is worth.

I think Maurice G. Dantec used to describe himself as catholic and right wing anarchist.

That lesson from Christ is actually a trick answer. You fell for it.

ALL THESE FUCKING TERRIBLE POSTS.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoyan_movement

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_pacifism

I'm partial towards Distributism, but that's not really an anarchist ideology. It's super-Catholic though

>Catholic

Stop shopping for ideologies on wikipedia

Closest would be the Chesterbelloc, which isn't truly anarcho. Produon was a frog so maybe he was influenced by Catholic Social Teaching but odds are he was anti-clerical

Sometimes I wonder if these typos are deliberate.

No. Hierarchy and structure are extremely important to its claims.
Tolstoy wasn't actually a Christian. As in he denied the divinity of Christ.
Nope, just a marxist.
Pacifism as a position of absolute aversion to all military conflict is directly opposed to the Catholic doctrine of just war.
Chesterbelloc was just a position that advocated for guilds and agrarian based economy.

>Anarchy in the Church is called protestantism.
This. Positions that deviate from Church teachings have a name, and it's "heresy."

The Church likes to stay in the middle. She doesn't approve of either anarchism or totalitarianism.