Starbucks is pretentious

>starbucks is pretentious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pRxUbv90lLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

paying for coffee is pretty pretentious

Trips for truth. One time I tried robbing a guy for his coffee grounds. Then some SNOB arrested me now I'm posting from prison.

Some people...

Paying $2.65 for reheated garbage coffee, toting the cup around like a fashion accessory and then claiming you need it to live is pretty pretentious.

Not pretentious, just isn't very good.

Why do girls like spending money on fast food coffee so much?

Because fast food coffee is a theater of workers shouting over a loud espresso machine. Get this girl her coffee!!! It's forced and dramatic, and the show of extra effort makes them feel special.

Because they're not actually buying coffee, they're ordering milkshakes with a shot of espresso for flavor.

Well many are, but even the ones buying normal coffee. You never hear guys talking about how much they love coffee

So I'm pretentious unless I literally steal coffee?

nah, just drink the free workplace coffee most offices have if you need coffee. Free coffee is super easy to find

Don't drink the free coffee in offices

I actually go to my old workplace on weekends when I forget to make coffee. Free coffee and drop a duece on the floor.

There is literally no reason to ever drink any other coffee

The other coffee is safer

Where the fuck do you work? Is it the ATF?

This, the company I work for pays for my coffee. It's always shitty if other people make it though, they never use enough. Tastes weak as fuck. I make tea way stronger than my co-workers make coffee.

>it's free so you should drink it
lol, I grind and brew my own coffee every day because the office coffee is shit, SHIT

do you guys eat garbage out of the garbage can too?

Some people who post here actually do eat from the trash.

Coffee is a low tier thing, just drink the free stuff if you must drink it, not worth the effort otherwise

free stuff? WTF are you talking about.

Now you have switching sided to the pretentious cunt. Good coffee is great and pretty easy to do.

I am talking about office coffee. Most places of work have free coffee
Good coffee is fine, not much different than bad coffee though, I'll never understand why women get so worked up about coffee though, like we get it, you like caffeine and it tastes ok when you put sugar and milk in it, but its a pretty mundane unremarkable thing

women don't get worked up about coffee, wtf are you smoking?

um, yeah they do

You've never had a good cold brew coffee m8.

I've had some. I like it fine, like if one was sitting in front of me I would drink it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy one

no, they really don't

that chick they put in the conan segment was cherry picked to be the token female who likes coffee

women don't really like things, they like the idea of things. hence why they get so excited about crap like starbucks, which isn't coffee

>women don't really like things, they like the idea of things
I think both qualify as getting "worked up" as I previously stated. Like 50% of women dating profiles mention their love of coffee, you never hear dudes talking about how much they love coffee, or how they can't do shit in the morning before having some

> you never hear dudes talking about how much they love coffee
because it's understood, it's like talking about how much you love beer
>or how they can't do shit in the morning before having some
I think you confused mugs they sell at tourist traps in nebraska, for real life, I bet you think jesus literally carried you on the beach too

also chicks say they like coffee in their dating profile to make it clear they'd rather meet for coffee and see if the guy is a creep than get drunk with them and end up getting raped

Nebraska has tourist traps?

I don't get how Starbucks is pretentious. It's pretty much a fast food joint with slightly better coffee. Was it the Norah Jones CDs they used to sell?

That's why you make it, it's fucking easy and cheap.

It's not pretentious when its being served by filthy filthy refugees.

this

if coffee is necessary it will be provided.

Just got through a training class for a new job in a class of 20 people with 16 girls and 4 guys. Holy fuck these stupid bitches and their coffee. We have free coffee at the building that is pretty solid. Free tea, etc. They go and buy these $15 or $20 reusable mugs from these shit ass coffee shops and ALL they talk about is what they got today. "Whoa, that smells so good, what did you get in that!?", "OMG I wanted that mug so bad, but they were sold out! Which one did you go to to get that one!?", "I would literally die if I didn't have this right now."

These cunts must spend thousands of dollars a year for some bullshit, sugary filled, garbage beverage that is barely considered coffee.

Drove me up the wall. I would bring in a mug sometimes if I was out the night before and they'd ask where I got my coffee. I'd say I either brewed it at home or got it from the break room. They couldn't fathom something so barbaric. I have never encountered anything like this in any of my jobs before, but hot damn those annoying slits love their bullshit coffee.

/rant

>Just got through a training class for a new job in a class of 20 people with 16 girls and 4 guys

Have you told your father you're a hair dresser?

Workplace coffee is gross, nobody around me appreciates good coffee, they just treat it like wake up juice and then they drown it in corn syrup """creamer""" to make sure they can't taste it.

In the finance industry dude. Either way, the coffee phenomenon is out of control lately.

>your comment was funny though

thats really all coffee deserves

>teller

You know that's a dying profession, user? They are closing branch locations by the thousands per year. The only reason they have to train more people at this point is because its such a shit job with low pay that the turnover rate is like 98% per year.

>I'm just fucking around tho, call center has a great future.

youtube.com/watch?v=pRxUbv90lLI

t. cletus from flyover land

even fucking mcdonalds has better coffee than starbucks

It's literally shit? Let me guess, all coffee just tastes the same?

>inb4 other user says its some high profile big city banking or cap markets job

Not with that gender balance, kiddo

>going to starcucks

did you suck off a nigger in the gender neutral bathroom during one of your potty breaks while typing your Star Wars fan fiction? Ive never heard of starcucks being pretentious. Nobody says that. It's just incredibly gay, overpriced, and you should strongly consider suicide if you give them your money.
>b-but flyover
that has no meaning anymore. The nice places to live in the US were considered small boring towns 20 years ago while commiefornia has morphed into a third world nightmare. and dont even get me started on jewyork. This board is trash because of faggots like OP.

culturally intimidated flyover detected
>how can it be pretentious if thinking about it makes me unhappy?
your education system failed you. this is no surprise considering your education system consisted of your motherhalfsisterauntcousin and the king james bible

Ya' dun good, Cletus. Dat dar 'puter sho' 'nuf makin' ya more smahter. Kep' it up, boy.

what movie is that picture from again?

boku no pico

It's not a movie.
It's his yearbook photo from the university of Wisconsin.

I've never been in a Starbucks.

What do you think about that?

I haven't either because I'm not a moron. Coffee is six dollars a pound, not six dollars a cup.

rape piggy squeal movie scene

Google that and you'll know.

>Coffee is six dollars a pound
Maybe in Burundi, but by the time it gets to the consumer it costs more than... oh wait you don't mean coffee you mean ''''''''''''coffee'''''''''''

people from flyover states are the stupidest americans i have ever met
if your state isnt touching an ocean or a border then you fucking suck and your state sucks too

No it isn't. It's trying very hard though.

At least then can punctuate, retard.

>You never hear guys talking about how much they love coffee

It took me some years into my "adult" life to figure this out. Let me clue you:

Most of the conversation many people have, especially women, is of the vague signaling variety. When they say "Oh, I just love your coffee mug!", they're just making friendly noises for its own sake. Coffee is a simple thing that a lot of people have in common, so it's easy to make small talk over. It's just vague signaling, nothing more. Don't expect any of these people to be able to name varieties of coffee or anything that shows they really pay attention.

t.triggered /mlpol/

trying hard is exactly what makes something pretentious

>just making friendly noises

Kek. This conjured an image of a gaggle of women acting like members of a garden flock of geese or chickens, which might be the most appropriate image for them.

yeah really, they do.

women get worked up over anything and everything. They are emotional, histrionic creatures.

>parsing this hard

tl;dr women are fake and gay

sounds about right actually

Wait. Then why did they freeze like a deer in the headlights when I mentioned making my own coffee?

Much like your rapport with women, your theory is tenuous and full of holes.

he's having the Arakkis spiced latte.

because you come across like an antisocial asshole

Saying I made/found my own coffee came across as antisocial and asshole-ish?

Please finish your first Starbucks of the day before posting again.

>"elevating" a basic commodity to "elitist"
>charging 10X more than it costs to produce the coffee drink
>selling food for $10 that can be bought for $4 across the parking lot
>multi-billion dollar yearly profit
And I don't drink coffee because I'm not Ethiopian, it would be ethnically inappropriate.

Hi Jordan

>projecting this hard

Did Starbucks mess up your order or something?

>the only options are being a mopey, self-absorbed, overbearing twat, and starbucks

>tfw hicks hate Starbucks because it's the "fancy" store in their town
>tfw Starbucks is just McDonald's with wood furniture

Making my own coffee makes me mopey and stuff? Huh.

Maybe if you manage to compose yourself and speak to the barrista the mistake, they'll make you a new mochaccino latte. But try to avoid name calling or they'll spit in your coffee again.

BD

Because you threatened to turn a bunch of friendly noises into something they might have to think about. There are times for serious talk about serious choices to make, but that wasn't one.

Ah, thank you for explaining. I now understand the error of my ways.

*ahem* OMG did you see user sneaking office coffee into his thermos? Why doesn't he just get another twizzler arrabiataccino he must be poor. That is soooooo creepy eh heh hue!

>being this triggered

intended for enyoy!

You know, when you're making more than 50k a year, buying coffee is more cost effective than wasting time every morning making it yourself to save money

don't listen to them, its called ''make them squeal''

Sitting at a starbucks with a book and a coffee is the comfiest thing on earth

how trite

I'd say sitting at an actually good coffee house with a book and an actual decent coffee is comfier

i like starbucks coffee, their darker roasts are tasty

This. I was lucky enough to live near an actual decent coffee house for most of the 80s, before they became very common. Spent many hours this way.

I'll say only one thing for Starbucks: They forced all the shitty little non-coffee places to step up their coffee a little. If anyone had told me 40 years ago that I'd ever find McDonald's coffee tolerable, I would have laughed. Kids today have no idea what weak-ass shit used to pass for coffee.

Truth. I've been at coffee shops and seen these dates. Always awkward when the dude is clearly a creep and the girl wants to get out of there.

Their coffee is bitter as shit and overpriced

That's really all there is to it. Also, a bunch of young college age girls don't know jack shit about making decent coffee.

Whew homeboi, project much? I make a solid 52k a year because I'm good at my job and my commissions are fantastic. Live out west where cost of living is cheap and beautiful land is plentiful. Definitely not a teller, but a valiant effort and guess nonetheless.