I've been making the same meal every week for around 5 months and eating the leftovers throughout the week...

I've been making the same meal every week for around 5 months and eating the leftovers throughout the week. Slow cooker chicken curry, not pic related but looks exactly like it. It's healthy, cheap, easy, and I like it, so I'm not going to stop making it, but I need ways to vary it, maybe with spices.

Sauce (roughly):
6 tbsp curry powder (bought a whole pound for $7)
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp salt
some honey for sweetness, I've also done brown sugar which is kinda weird
45 oz tomato sauce
15 oz light coconut milk

I've been adding more cayenne and also considering cinnamon/cloves/anise/etc since I like those flavors.

Vegetables:
2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans
2 sweet potatoes
1 regular potato
1 large onion
1 butternut squash
1/2 bag kale
1 bag frozen peas

I've also tried garlic, which didn't make much of a difference and was a pain to chop, carrots, and bell peppers. No other vegetables seem that appealing in a curry.

And around 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast. Mix the sauce in the slow cooker, add chicken first, then chopped veg except peas and kale, cook on high 4 hours then add the rest. Take out the chicken, shred it, put it back in and mix, distribute into Tupperware, lunch and most dinners for around a week and a half.

You must be single.

I was on a curry kick for a few months, but my wife made me stop. She insisted she could taste curry in my semen, and smell it in my dirty clothes.

Not the smell you're looking for when it comes to mattress dancing...

Bitches always make up dumb delusional shit.

Not single but live with roommates not bf. Yeah pretty sure the smell doesn't cling like that...or at least no one's told me

What we put in to our bodies definitely has an effect on how we smell.

Meat eating females have a much more pronounced vaginal scent. I've experienced this regularly throughout the years.

Eat a bag of carrots every day and you'll look like Trump. That's a fact.

Eat loads of garlic, and you smell like garlic all the time.

It ain't rocket surgery...

This is correct. Hang around any graduate engineering program if you don't believe this.

people who can eat the same thing every single day for months at a time have a mental illness

you have a mental illness OP

You could vary the spices — turmeric, coriander, cumin, and garam masala are all good options.

You smell like curry man, its seeped into your skin pores and basically you stink 24/7 even after showering.

Also you probable made your entire home reek like curry. Don't expect to get your damage deposit back that shit never leaves homes.

I've heard of curry, but this is ridiculous!

Nah that's not true I eat mostly the same thing although I might change it up a little when I make the next shopping trip in like a month or two or whenever my stores run out.

I'm okay eating the same stuff for a few dinners in a row, but I have something else for lunch.

OP, you can get different kinds of Thai curry base for cheap. Or make chili.

Did you lose or gain any weight by doing this?

What in the fuck is """"rocket surgery""""?

>people who can eat the same thing every single day for months at a time have a mental illness
--Things user Made Up Because People Doing Things Differently Is Scary

Sounds like a decent meal and the kind of thing I would do. Living alone you get used to eating the same thing maybe 2-3 days in a row.

Obviously you could vary the veggies in there. I agree with this user Add some of those spices and experiment.

kek

very true

What do you think "curry powder" is made of?

It's a joke based on the phrase "well it ain't rocket science". The word "Science" was replaced with "Surgery". Do you get it now?

For the $7/lb that OP mentioned? Sawdust.

Of course a good curry powder will contain turmeric, cumin, cardamom, etc. but that doesn't mean they are in the ideal ratios for your dish. You might want to add more of a certain spice. Cardamom is very expensive, so many curry powders either don't contain it at all, or they contain very little. Ditto for saffron. So you might want to add more of these seasonings to make up for a substandard powder.

You should brown the chicken in a pan with oil + chopped onion + loads of garlic, like 6-8 cloves, before putting it all in the slow cooker.

Try different kinds of meat. Pork, beef, even fish. It's possible that you could even save a bit of money doing this. Where I live pork and beef are much cheaper than chicken, and more flavorful imo.

Soudns pretty good man, too save a little more money and have better taste; swap out the chicken breast w/ chicken thigh

> Eat a bag of carrots every day and you'll look like Trump. That's a fact.

Not true, while it does effect skin color, it's nowhere near to make you fucking orange. And there are studies on how it makes you much sexier too, the skin color is much sexier.