Who is the best Iron Chef and why is it Hiroyuki Sakai?

Who is the best Iron Chef and why is it Hiroyuki Sakai?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/cities-with-the-most-michelin-stars-in-the-world-2016-12/#3-paris-france-134-stars-16
youtube.com/watch?v=dC2gigq5JJ4
youtu.be/iXp_iaqd00c
youtube.com/watch?v=NUxI09AS8MI&list=PL9U6ws7o3ik6ZW9k8d2IcbZnWrNFzIn0V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd prefer that my chefs be human and not an earth mineral.

just go away

Didn't he have a losing record against actual French chefs though?

Also, Morimoto is a beast.

Gooks can't cook.

Wrong board, retard.

Japan has the most michelin star restaurants outside of France

I know you /pol/tards constantly bring that up whenever you get butthurt about blacks on twitter complaining about whites not using any spice

Bullshit.
You don't know what you're talking about.

I meant 3 michelin star restaurants

Just Tokyo has 226 Michelin stared restaurants.
Kyoto has another 96.
Osaka has 91
and Nara has 16.
If you are talking about JUST 3 Michelin star restaurants, then Tokyo has 13, Kyoto has 7, Osaka has 3, Kobe has 2, and Nara has 1.

Tokyo has 304 stars alone
Kyoto has 135
Paris has 134

businessinsider.com/cities-with-the-most-michelin-stars-in-the-world-2016-12/#3-paris-france-134-stars-16

Make your mind up ffs.

To be fair, While Paris might not compare to Tokyo in sheer number of restaurants, they don't have nearly the population (nor density) you get in the metropolis of Tokyo. And on the whole, france still has the most Michelin stars of any country.

>you don't know what you're talking about

>uses fat, white marshmallow men tire mascots as a judge of food, chef and restaraunt quality

Maybe you should ask someone about food that isn't a literal tire company, my friend.

he probably used an old michelin star guide, tokyo has gotten more stars recently

the point is you don't know what you are talking about

He () is doing the number of stars, while I () am doing the total number of stared resturants.
So tokyo has 304 stars spread among 226 restaurants (meaning most are 1 or 2 stars)

>restaraunt
*restaurant
Your opinion is credible.
Retard.

>ITT: the culinary opinions of a guy who can't spell the word restaurant.

>a weeb thread
Fuck off OP

i always watched this show on and off and while i liked it i dont think i ever saw the iron chefs lose

i know at some point they added another iron chef and then it turned into a american show i think?

anyway how many people actually won against the irons chefs?

They didn't win all THAT often, all the iron chefs had over 60% win rate, but most are in the ~70% range.

shit damn, i guess i really didn't see that much of the show as i thought i did

might try and find some episodes of it

I always wished my dad was Chen Kenichi, he seemed so cheery and passionate.

For me it is Chen Kenichi, the best Ron Chef

ironcheffans.info has a database of episodes. A lot of them are also on youtube.

thanks a bunch m80

There's an episode where Chen Kenichi loses to some Chinese woman master chef, like she was considered some kind of national treasure. He seemed scared and bowed furiously. It was pretty cool.

That's not based Rokusaburo Michiba

SQUEEZE ON

It's Morimoto easily.

Is this even a question worth asking?

Can I still watch original jap iron chef somewhere?

hurting my feelings sakai-sama

youtube.com/watch?v=dC2gigq5JJ4

They took it super seriously. It's a ludicrous (awesome) concept for a show, but they're ultra competitive people on a public stage.

The original Iron Chef show had so much extravagance and respect for the contest. All the chefs were incredibly determined and to do their best every episode.

First episode I watched of the American version everyone's fucking around and drinking. Humor is fun but it feels like a different show altogether.

Very much so. The staff and (usually) judges are all in black tie too.

I know we're a bit more casual about things here in the US, but they're intense about it, especially when a prestigious school battles and their leader is in the stands.

Bobby Flay is by far the best

hiroyuki and chen are my favs

although present day morimoto is pretty cute youtu.be/iXp_iaqd00c

I want to punch Bobby Flay in the face every time I see him. Just one good sock in the jaw.

Once I put him down I'd probably give him a couple more just to drive home the message.

Never stand on a cutting board you corn loving bitch.

Batali, all other answers are wrong. Bobby Flay is just blue corn and poblano with every single dish, and Morimoto makes visually appealing but ultimately dull fish dishes.

It's a shame that Iron Chef America went to shit so fast. Seasons 1 and 2 hold up really well, but from 3 and on they start adding gimmicks and drama to make it more exciting which just fucks everything up. Nobody wants to see the assistant chef flash a dirty look to Bobby Flay when he yells at her for burning something, nobody cares. Culinary curveballs suck too, only the main secret ingredient matters.

I haven't watched more than a handful of the American one. The Japanese ones are so much better in every possible way.

Yeah, the original Iron Chef really was exciting and you learn a lot at the same time. Even the Chairman was kind of serious in that one, but the Chairman in the America one is just a fuck-up parody.

Well it was made with assistance from the Hattori Nutrition College; the sous chefs were students IIRC and Dr. Hattori himself was the color commentator.

Batali and Symon were probably the best parts of Iron Chef America. Batali is not as creative as some of his peers, but his talent in pure flavor is ridiculous, and he has fun in every single battle. Symon is much the same, but is the inverse: while his flavor may be lacking, his creativity is awesome.

If you were a fan of the Japanese episodes, at least give these two a watch, it's well worth it. In addition, the Morimoto vs Molecular Gastronomists battle is legendary.

Chen is my favorite, but I think Michiba is objectively strongest.

Iron is not even a mineral

Michiba can make a shitload of dishes in the designated time limit while writing menus out. But Sakai has collected the most victories out of them all and actually won the King of Iron Chef tourney.

>In addition, the Morimoto vs Molecular Gastronomists battle is legendary
which one

24 IA0323 Masaharu Morimoto Homaro Cantu Molecular gastronomy Beets Homaro Cantu 52-51

or

8 IA1112H[88] Masaharu Morimoto Homaru Cantu Molecular gastronomy Herring Distilled white vinegar Masaharu Morimoto 89-67

Beets. Homura Cantu was one of the pioneers of molecular gastronomy and truly brought it to a new level, but he committed suicide a few years back.

Did he commit sudoku?

I had my wedding reception at his restaurant La Rochelle in Tokyo. Fucking epic.

Chen's probably my favorite, though.

I would have killed myself if I started this meme too.

morimoto is so far beyond his peers that its actually hilarious

Chen Kenichi is the best iron chef. He's humble, talented, and overall a friendly guy. I feel like his szechuan learning gave him the most entertaining variety as well, although watching young Morimoto with his neo-Tokyo style was almost as fun. Kenichi also had the best rogues gallery with that Chinese restaurant.

The knock on Michelin with Japan is they are supposedly a little free with their ranking there as they wanted to open up the Japanese tire market to Michelin.

To be fair though, Japanese cooking is delicious.

I think so but I told a Japanese friend that I wanted to go to Japan and heard the food was great. He looked at me like I was nuts and said "you know they don't do all those fancy knife tricks over there?".
So either he wasn't impressed with actual Japanese food or he thought my taste in fine dining was limited to Chucky Cheese and knife throwing hibachi grills.

Youtube chap.

I always feel dirty because my favorite restaurant in my area is a teppanyaki, but they cook legitimately good food and they have Japanese dishes if you know to ask.

The problem with saying you like Japanese food is that unless you've been to Japan, you haven't really had it (A handful of restaurants, excluded.)

Japanese cuisine is very poorly represented even at semi-authentic (and even authentic) restaurants. My wife works at a ramen shop in the US that is owned and operated by Japanese. They are constantly having to tweak things for American's palate. When they went super traditional for a while, business suffered and people weren't reviewing them as highly. The ramen was arguably better, but only if you know the real deal.

>Chen Kenichi
i always thought he had the most generally edible stuff

>Rokusaburo Michiba
best fucking name

Morimoto sucked so much he had to go to America to shine as a Japanese chef.

What's with all the incorrect usage of gook lately? Retards can't even get their racist words right.

It triggers me that people like bobby flay feel okay with ranking themselves with the proper iron chefs

What is this and where can I watch it

flay beat morimoto in japan tho

You've never seen Iron Chef?

No. I don't think the show airs in europe. There is Iron Chef America on Netflix though.

That doesn't mean he's actually as good a chef outside of a show

It's garbage. Just what the episodes uploaded to youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=NUxI09AS8MI&list=PL9U6ws7o3ik6ZW9k8d2IcbZnWrNFzIn0V